can't finish mission 6

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
Xenomath
New user

can't finish mission 6

Post by Xenomath »

Mission 6 in the first campaign just does not end after I fullfill all the objectives.
There are no pings on the minimap and no enemy units left .
I tried to load a savegame and replayed the last objectives, but still the timer just goes down until the mission is failed.

Has this occured to anyone else, too?
Any ideas?

I use version 2.0.5
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: can't finish mission 6

Post by Rman Virgil »

Xenomath wrote:
........no enemy units left .
* Sure 'bout that ?

* I was.....but after a handful of replays......  I found one itty-bitty enemy truck stuck in a landscape crack in the far north of the map far away from all the preceding action & once I destroyed it - viola, all was well. If I remember even a standing enemy crete wall will prevent successfull completion of the mission.

* That's all I can think of.

* Good luck Commander !

- rv :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

also - when / if you ever get there - look for enemy vtols landed in the shaded part of the edge borders...they like to hide there and cause you all sorts of mind problems. >:( :D :o ::) >:( ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Xenomath
New user

Post by Xenomath »

Thanks for the hints.
I only searched the eastern part of the map, but there was an enemy oilrig on the western part I mistook for my own...

Unfortunately I'm stuck again. In the first mission of the second campaign I don't get any reinforcements (and are unable to win without).
The walkthrough says there should be a transport coming (the one I loaded with units from base alpha I guess) that might get shot down. But I don't even see the usual ETA display.
When is it coming? What can I do to make it?
Lixtan
Trained
Trained

Post by Lixtan »

Directly from the last mission from Campaign I to Campaign II, I've noticed a little bug - the reinforcements never come. Just save your game, shut down Warzone (Just to be sure.), reload Warzone, then reload your game, and your Campaign I units should join you.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

this may not be the *exact* same bug (if you can fix it simply by reloading), but it definitely has the same symtoms...

http://www.realtimestrategies.net/forum ... php?t=1271

theoretically there's a patch available for this.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Where is it? If there is a patch I'd be glad to have it...
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

dev... you're the one who said "Patch is on the mailinglist."

if there is a patch, you'd be the first to know.
Xenomath
New user

Post by Xenomath »

Nope, reload doesn't fix this one.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

I think I meant the patch which changes the filenames in the wrf files... But I don't remember that anymore and I currently don't have the time to find out which patch I meant.

---

I read the whole thread again... Seems as if we both are correct: I meant the patch which changes filename case in wrf files, which apparently fixes the problems with the reinforcements. I thought that was independend of each other and searched for a sourcecode patch.
Last edited by DevUrandom on 17 Jan 2007, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
Xenomath
New user

Post by Xenomath »

I tried the mission again and it's quite possible without the reinforcement.
It's just ... when you know there should be reinforcement but there isn't, it's easy to give up ;)
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

have you been taking screenshots?  just curious... ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
marcmad
Trained
Trained

Post by marcmad »

at 5 transport of reinforcement your transport will be «destroy» and cant bring another reinforcement. (look like 50 soldier max you can bring)
The best tactit is to mixted up the great tank,the little tank, the adav and the cyborg. And whit this army, doing great stratégie.

(Je suis un français du quebec. yai!!!)