Begining of an intro

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
EVIL386
Trained
Trained

Begining of an intro

Post by EVIL386 »

Hey there guys i've began work on a short intro for WZ2100.

But i'm going to need some feedback before I go any further and also some help.

OK let me explain what is going on in this video... The render test run

1. Imagine that green block is the wireframe of the current wz2100 logo like nexus's head in the fmv's.

The camera moves towards the wireframe.

2. The wireframe stops spinning, then the camera retreats, stops, then looks up sharply and watches a giant metal press come down and slams onto some metal which appeared whilst you were looking up.

3. The press raises, the camera peer in again to reveal the completed wz2100 sign in all it's metal glory :)

Insert many cool sfx/textures/models here :)

Comments pls?

Also krzzzt is it possible for me to use your blender model in my video?? I would rather spend time animating than trying to recreate what you've already made. Prefer 3ds max mesh if you can export to that or lightwave thanks! Give you a non-gay hug if you do xD
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Begining of an intro

Post by lav_coyote25 »

do it!! lets see even a wire frame version of your idea. what you have so far looks interesting.
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

of course, well the new hq texture has an image from cgtextures.com but we're asking them for permission at the moment..
EVIL386
Trained
Trained

Post by EVIL386 »

I'll start doing a more accurate version tonight as you can see from the post time of last nights :stare:
Begining of an intro

by EVIL386 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:25 am
It was just a very quick mock up took less that 20 minutes to setup
Damn camera path took me the longest as the camera kept trying to roll on the last vertex of the path spline :stressed: very annoying bug :!!!:
EVIL386
Trained
Trained

Post by EVIL386 »

Oh and Terminator your 3DS logo model looks very nice.. Mind I have a play with it?

O/c full credit will be given where due! :) (I hate people who steal things :gonk:)
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

looks promising. maybe one of the resident musicians will be inspired to write a soundtrack. unless
you're a musician or have a mix already in mind. i'm already hearing some accompanying music
in my head. :cool:

"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
EVIL386
Trained
Trained

Post by EVIL386 »

I have no music atm, but feel free to suggest/create :)
But only do something rough so that when the anim is finished, you can sync up the events to the music :)
EVIL386
Trained
Trained

Post by EVIL386 »

hokai so i've done another test render

this time with a wireframe and textured logo

Pointers anyone? I need some more suggestions as i'm not really that good on my own but I will try my best to accomodate peoples requests :)

EDIT: Credits to Terminator for use of his model ;)
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

die-cast mold, molten metal pour, acid-wash finish.... particle FX forthcoming, perhaps ?

"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand