MapOne Beta

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Jimmbob
Trained
Trained

MapOne Beta

Post by Jimmbob »

My 1st attempt at making a okay-ish 1v1 Map! works on 2.1Rc1.

Any suggestions welcome, even if its to tell never to make maps again!
please download and give it a go :)

Enjoy!
Attachments
MapOneGW.7z
Map
(2.67 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
imgame Footage
imgame Footage
Ingame Footage
Ingame Footage
Last edited by Jimmbob on 19 Nov 2008, 19:30, edited 2 times in total.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Re: MapOne Beta

Post by whippersnapper »

this is just the addon .LEV file... you need to include the .WZ file in your archive for us to be able to load and run your map.

"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
Jimmbob
Trained
Trained

Post by Jimmbob »

blah I'm not having a good week O_O n its only Tuesday! XD
Added! hopefully I've got it right this time.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Good map, there's some log errors while i'm playing the map:

Code: Select all

error   : [gwZoneReachable] gwZoneReachable: invalid zone
error   : [gwZoneReachable] Assert in Warzone: gateway.c:1088 (zone >= 0 && zone < gwNumZones), last script event: '<none>'
Attachments
stderr.txt
(365.54 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Jimmbob
Trained
Trained

Post by Jimmbob »

I am guessing this has occured due to the fact my map contains zero gateways, i could add them in if they are necessary,actually just done that now so i could upload that one if need-be.
The only reason i didn't add them was the fact i remember reading somewhere that this version of Warzone didn't actually make use of them, although it seems to be i have not remembered quite correctly.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

if you put a couple GWs in then peeps that are still running earlier binaries of the game can run still play with your map... take you 10 seconds
to do. cliff to cliff on your eastern side and cliff to cliff on your western side... 2 GWs = 3 Zones..(just make sure you doNOT lay the GW over a struct or feature... nothing can be on any tile a GW covers). then no matter what game binary folks are running your map will work.

Very interesting map for head to head play.... i might convert it to run against the latest 'Become Prey' in v.1.10. you could make for a more seamless transition and less of a noticeable artificial pattern in your tertile swaths.... like your cliff-faces, mix in another texture or two, break up the pattern. play around with tile orientations (like setting dirt for random rotation and x/y flip) this will help to make it more "natural" looking... experiment with the Edge Brushes too. just some quick thoughts.

GWs are mostly to facilitate the Ski a.i. in building defenses..... but also serve in island maps and if you have mountain tops that have enough room to build on and can ONLY be reached by air.... unless you have a GW placed in those those area types you won't be able to build or land there. you may have noticed that in the Campaign - Pumpkin didn't put a GW but they did some pre-placements so you could only take 'em out with VTOL passes suffering many losses in the process...

Last edited by whippersnapper on 18 Nov 2008, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

yes , thats what we need! :D a mapper! , actualy i whanna wish u the best of luck , making maps , same with gateways , the hardest part of map making... why they'r needed anyways? oh and u'll be making comp stomp maps soon? ^^ i hope so! :D it'l fit with zombies, or normal game's , aww man that has to be awesome , becuase my dad can't play orginal warzone with those maps , he need to adjust fonts for instlaling the cd , but dont know how... me neither... well good map it is!! , i like the layout! :3
Jimmbob
Trained
Trained

Post by Jimmbob »

Thanks for the praise and Ideas for improvements :D very helpful!
I have updated the file to contain GW's and i am in the process of making the map look more natural :) wish me luck xD
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

Jimmbob wrote:Thanks for the praise and Ideas for improvements :D very helpful!
I have updated the file to contain GW's and i am in the process of making the map look more natural :) wish me luck xD

goodluck!!!!
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

yes, indeed, all the best. you already have a good foundation for a map worth playing and i'm sure
you'll take it the distance with your tweaking.