Problem in the 3rd campaign

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
pythom2100
Greenhorn

Problem in the 3rd campaign

Post by pythom2100 »

hello
I have a small problem with one of the mission in 3rd campain....
mission north sector asist team gamma.....
I crushed enemy but i can`t pass mission.....when time goes to end I fail mission.....
what a solution?
Last edited by Kamaze on 15 Nov 2008, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: More descriptive subject.
Skrim
Trained
Trained

Re: Problem in the 3rd campaign

Post by Skrim »

This would be Gamma 3: Northern Sector Mission - Assist Team Gamma

Since you are already able to crush the enemy, the advice in the long novel post below probably isn't necessary. But once you've done that, send VTOLs to search the entire map for survivors. In the far northeast, you'll run into an isolated CB Tower which used to serve a couple of Angel Batteries that are probably dead by now. This tower easily goes unnoticed and must be killed to win the mission.

Anyway, here goes the novel-post:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I always start this mission with the second-best of my 2 tank groups* stationed near the entrance of the deep, narrow valley towards the north, equipped with Tiger Tracks(mainly Assault Guns, a few Heavy Cannons too).

I also have two "outposts" on the northwestern and northeastern plateau regions captured back in Gamma 1(they used to be NEXUS base locations). They each have about a half dozen HellStorm/GroundShaker emplacements together with thick AA defenses, Sensor and CB Towers, and a couple of AG Bunkers. These outposts were built in the breather time after Gamma 1.

At the start of the mission, the artillery emplacements automatically attack the NEXUS Command Center(on the other side of a ridge near the northwestern outpost) and NEXUS launches an intense counter-attack with Retribution VTOLs and Angel Missile Batteries. This is why the AA defenses and CB tower are there. In the ensuing awesome barrage of firepower, the Angel Batteries, NEXUS Command Center, NEXUS VTOL Rearming Pads, several Retribution VTOLs and a couple of your artillery emplacements get destroyed.

The destruction of the Command Center triggers a message** that Gamma Base has been assimilated by NEXUS and is now belongs to it. This is true. All Team Gamma structures and units now belong to NEXUS. There are a few survivors, but they've fled the map... for now*.

Soon after, the remaining arty automatically begins attacking the Vindicator SAM Site hornet's nest in a northeastern valley near your NE outpost, exterminating the SAMs. You can overfly this valley with VTOLs, and they'll bring a number of Scourge cyborgs, a few hovertanks and a couple of hardpoints into sight. Your artillery will begin firing at them, and will probably kill several cyborgs and take down the hardpoints without much trouble. Beware though, that the Scourge cyborgs can attack your VTOLs with their miniature homing missiles, and I've lost an MG-Bug scout plane this way.

Once that's done with, you can begin sending VTOL attacks to the now-NEXUS-owned Team Gamma base in the far northwest. The air defenses there don't include any SAMs, but are still pretty strong, consisting of a number of Cyclone Flaks, Whirlwind AAs and Scourge cyborgs. Last time I played this mission, I used Mantis-based VTOLs since Leopards didn't hold up well against this defense.

Meanwhile, you can send your tank group up to the recently cleared northeastern valley. They'll be engaged by NEXUS cyborgs and Retribution hovertanks, and by the antique Medium Cannon Cobra Tracks(remember Alpha 8?) that those morons from Team Gamma were using. These paltry ground forces shouldn't be too much of a hassle, and you can go grab the Flashlight laser artifact and research it.

By now, the enemy is mostly dead. Send the tanks to smash the Team Gamma base that your VTOLs should already have levelled quite a bit by now. Exterminate Team Gamma's base and hunt down any surviving hovertanks in the northwest valley. Take any artifacts you see. Fortify the region heavily in preperation for Gamma 5, and take Team Gamma's oil for yourself. Once you've fortified all you want, researched everything, built whatever you want, wait for the timer to run down to under two minutes. Send a plane or a few to the far northeast and take out that stupid solitary CB Tower.
Mission accomplished.

*My best tank group is sent away on a hike in Gamma 2, so that they return in Gamma clean, intact, and free from the NEXUS Intruder Virus. Along with them, a few survivors who fled Team Gamma's base in this mission also join your forces, giving you a small but oil-rich base containing a few basic structures and a number of weak Pepperpot Pits, a hopelessly obsolete Medium Cannon Cobra Tracks tank, and a pair of weakling Assault Gunner cyborgs.

**In the FMV, it's actually a short speech delivered by Dr Reed's frickin' floating head, ended by his signature highly irritating and allegedly evil laugh.
marcmad
Trained
Trained

Post by marcmad »

don't make your history at each time. He have other way to do the mission.

pssit:try to use bunkerbuster vtol. that kill def in 1 or 2 shot
Skrim
Trained
Trained

Post by Skrim »

I'm sure he has his own way to do the mission. I just typed out that novel for the heck of typing it. :3

Yeah, Mantis-BB VTOLs are able to hit speeds above 500 and kill any kind defensive structure in 1 hit, with only towers being able to take 2 hits.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Just for the record Skirm: As of 2.1.beta5 (which I guess is 2.1.RC1), those pepperpots are no longer totally useless. Granted, I'd rather they be something else, but they can actually take out the nexus structures they are in range of now, and are non-trivial in hindering that nexus group that likes to run around the southern map edge during Gamma4, giving your returned forces some breathing time to set up in the NW of the expanded map :)
pythom2100
Greenhorn

Post by pythom2100 »

sorry I said about next mission ....mission gamma3 is very easy....but next I have 1,5 houers to accomplish the mission.....hmmmm i crushed enemy by the VTOL and tanks but i can pass mission.....I read solution of warzone and there is "must ended all researches" .....hmmm too less time to ended all ...I dont know. can i pleas save game in missiongamma5?
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Are you actually talking about gamma3, or when you say "gamma3 is easy" you mean you are now on gamma4?

Because the answer to gamma3 is right in the 2nd post. Take a look at the very NE corner to see if a lone CB tower is standing there, and if so, bomb it.

Gamma4 doesn't have a 90 minute time limit.
Skrim
Trained
Trained

Post by Skrim »

pythom2100 wrote:sorry I said about next mission ....mission gamma3 is very easy....but next I have 1,5 houers to accomplish the mission.....hmmmm i crushed enemy by the VTOL and tanks but i can pass mission.....I read solution of warzone and there is "must ended all researches" .....hmmm too less time to ended all ...I dont know. can i pleas save game in missiongamma5?
This is confusing. Are you talking about Gamma 3(Assist Team Gamma), Gamma 4(the Team Alpha rescue) or Gamma 5(the intruder virus attack)?

There are only two missions that need research to be completed to trigger victory - Gamma 5 and Gamma 8.
pythom2100
Greenhorn

Post by pythom2100 »

yes fuc*....true I said about gamma 3......there is part 1 30min and part 2 90min.....I crushed enemies very easy.... totaly clear the map but mission is failed....i dont`t know....I destroy artiller on right corner....in solution is "Recover the Artifact at Gamma Base and complete all of your research".....
http://docs.wz2100.net/walk%20through/ft_gamma_3.html

too less time to complete all researches
what reserches must be complete?
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

If you don't have enough time to finish all researches, then you aren't beating that stage fast enough. With good artillery placement from Gamma1, you should be able to clear that stage in 30 minutes tops.

That said, actually researching everything is NOT NEEDED to finish gamma3. The walkthrough just says that for your benefit so that you don't have to research on future stages what you find now.

If you've taken out the CB tower in the extreme NE of the map, then the only other thing I can think of is that some Nexus cyborgs are still on the map. Have your attack aircraft do fly-bys on the mountaintops on the middle of the eastern-edge of the map (just north of where the NE corner of the gamma1 stage is); sometimes units like to hide up there.
pythom2100
Greenhorn

Post by pythom2100 »

I don`t see any enemies on the map........I fly by the VTOLs whole the maps and I don`t see anything and anybody.....I destroy everythig without walls.....and mission is fail......hmmmmm I see transporter on north but I cannot destroy it.....this transporter is out of the map border....maybee game bug?
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2382

Well, it appears this is a chronic problem. It's not just you.
pythom2100
Greenhorn

Post by pythom2100 »

yes i have it ...fuc*......big bug...............what a sh*t :twisted: .....maybe other version of the game rapair this problem?
bengaltiger
Greenhorn

Post by bengaltiger »

Just kill everyone, take all the artifacts and "let me win".

Now I have another "problem in the 3rd campaign":

Last mission, dropship orbits the LZ after I call for the second load of units. Any easy fixes/ways around/cheats to solve this problem?
psidlu
New user

Post by psidlu »

Hey, I faced the same bug but did a trick while replaying. I left no place on the map out of radar. The enemy transport appears in my case on the enemy base with vtols which place I left unmonitored after clearing. But afterwards when I clear that enemy base on the middle-north-west part before the nexus base, I put some hardpoints with a sensor tower there right after clearing that base and that solved my issue, the ship didn't appeared there any more.