New Features in Wz2100 which I want to see in future.

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

New Features in Wz2100 which I want to see in future.

Post by Terminator »

1) For A long time I played wz I wanted to see how others play and what they build, that's why I'd like to see supporting demos for wz(replays) like in warcraft or starcraft. Is this possible ?
2)I think game pause and savegame  in multiplayer must be .

Thanks.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: New Features in Wz2100 which I want to see in future.

Post by Terminator »

3)In Mplayer I think in stat bar (where conforming allianses "numpad_enter") in that window showing tanks which uses player. I think its wrong. Its tells all enemys that I will use that tanks for strike or sometthink like that. I think tanks must be replaced by for exemple colored cube or circle or . .. . .Like that.

DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

I think that shows how mighty that player currently is. And that it was intended that way by Pumpkin...
CRISTIAN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CRISTIAN »

what about repairing vehicles in an allied repair pad? is that yet possible? I'm sick of tranferring units to be repaired and wait them back. :D

Some kind of "Send help here" in radar screen. It's difficult to coordinate effords in a big map

Possibility of making AI players play all againt hummans, 7AI Allied from the begining vs a humman. Or 6vs2.

A button to change music track.  ;)

More Unit colours...

A text  saying "You Won" or "you suck" when the game is over.

Of course...16 teams maps =P
Last edited by CRISTIAN on 28 Aug 2006, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
If (windows rulez) then (Linux fails)
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

what about repairing vehicles in an allied repair pad? is that yet possible? I'm sick of tranferring units to be repaired and wait them back. :D

already done - you should read the tech tree - you can build repair pads anywhere on the map.  or better still build the repair units and assign them to a block of your units...

Some kind of "Send help here" in radar screen. It's difficult to coordinate effords in a big map

you need to either build commanders or learn the art of micromangement.

Possibility of making AI players play all againt hummans, 7AI Allied from the begining vs a humman. Or 6vs2.

they already do this.

A button to change music track.  ;)

More Unit colours...

A text  saying "You Won" or "you suck" when the game is over.

will have to be done after the  coders get the code settled... ie: no more bugs

‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Suprano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Suprano »

If you have a group of units and give them an attack order, the mobile repair unit (which is in this group of units) should guide the units and repair them ...

--Ano
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

CRISTIAN wrote: what about repairing vehicles in an allied repair pad? is that yet possible? I'm sick of tranferring units to be repaired and wait them back. :D
That's how you fool the game in the multiplayer, huh? ;)
Will probably be implemented in the next release, not sure right now.
In original WZ (non crossplatform version) we used to have a script which made AI players ally against Humans, not sure yet how we should solve it now.
More Unit colours...
That probably won't happen in the near future simply due to that fact that it might require a lot of changes in the code.
?topic=1617.0
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Why no one dont answerded on my "suggestions". ?

I think "num_pad" stat bar pics is a little official mini cheat. Why are you dont agree with me ?

DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Terminator: Why don't you read my answer to your "suggestion"?
DevUrandom wrote: I think that shows how mighty that player currently is. And that it was intended that way by Pumpkin...
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

so what ? Pumpkin studio dont exist anymore. I think we need to improve wz not only in code and I think it must be good  in others sides. Pumpkin worked not so long on this game and they didnt done in balace too much. This game must be fair for all player > I want to tell you about that "num_pad" state. But I dont say that must be chaged allmost everythig > I dont what for exemple that to be changed models or add some new units. Its will looke like on making a MOD. I dont want that sh*t like 1.11 or like that.
I hope you understand me right.

lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

in 1.11 there was no " shi....." .  what was it about 1.11 that you disliked?  and why! 

as for adding or changing units - sure no problem - if you have the time to do the modeling... go for it... jump in and help out. we are always looking to add to the base of coders / artists / video and sound people... whereever your able to assist... please dont wait just start. :)
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Suprano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Suprano »

the modeling.. i saw some *.pie files, containing geometric, texture and similar information for bodies ( i think they exist for every thing you can design?).. but do any programs exist to export to this format?

--Ano
rush2049
Trained
Trained

Post by rush2049 »

I believe someone wrote a plugin in python to convert pie files to .blend file for blender, but I do not know if he released it. He was having a contest to see if someone could make something quality in blender before he would give it out...  wonder how that turned out?

as far as new features.... 

-I would love to see a better network interface, please put somekind of lan game browser or something...  not everyone knows ip's like I do... such as use a broadcast prt for local games...

-fix the scoring system inthe num_enter button screen, for human players it is always negative and some obscenely low #,and computers shoot off in the other direction, there should be some kind of weighting with research, units build/destroyed, and buildings built/destroyed.....

-Idon't know what causes this, but when you zoom out all the way the individual tiles are distinguishable...  perhaps a graphics bug?

-a mod browser, to disable/enable them ingame... and a button to reload the game after enabling/disabling them in order to make the changes take affect

-someone needs to make a better key config for only players, and get rid of all the debug type fluff,like alt-s and such and disable them...but make them available in debugmode, or even better, anything options graphics wise make available in game inthe escape menu...

thats all I can think of right now.... have fun fellow programmmers.
System:AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @3.511ghz, 8GB DDR3 @1672.2mhz 9-9-9-24, Geforce GTX 275
indica
New user

Post by indica »

just my 2 cents

-detailed score sreen at end of single player games. and one for multiplayer with maybe a chat lounge. .
-be able to set ai alliance and amount of ai on a map
-mouse-over unit stats
-a button to make unit/command group stop everything  and  set orders to  hold position and don't attack.
-more detailed info on the parts in the design UI.
-in game mod loading. . or a loader of some type.
djbded
New user

Post by djbded »

CRISTIAN wrote:

i think i understand what you mean by this. sorta like in guild wars where you can draw on the minimap or "ding" it and everyone in your party can see it. i like it!

when i play multi vs comp i "turtle" i never use command turrets. there is no need for them when all i gotta do is have a repair facility behind my wall with its return point (green triangle) set forward of gate.

my suggestion has to do with repair facilities:

1: i would like to be able to assign a factory to a repair facility

2: the ability to assign units to a specific repair facility

3: i would also like to see an ablitiy to assign a secondary repair facility to the main one for that particular area, such as: main repair facility has 5 units in queue (to be repaired) therefore  in order to efficiently move the units back to the frontlines, any further units to enter queue (beyond 5) will be transfered to the secondary repair facility. the secondary repair facility will return repaired unit back to main facilities return point.

i know i should just grab the excess units and send them to a less busy facility, but in doing so i may become distracted and the units will goto that facilities return point, this can leave the first gate crippled.

i may end up posting a couple screenshots with my crude ms paint skills as a diagram for what i mean if needed.

the first suggestion is not all that important, however i really want the 2nd and 3rd points :)