Beta 4 AI Poor

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
EndOfItAll
New user

Re: Beta 4 AI Poor

Post by EndOfItAll »

Wow, I would love to get my hands on a game engine that automatically converts hundreds of thousands of lines of code.

I knew that first post seemed fishy. Too bad he was lying, I would love to see some of those changes made available in WZ. I typically go into battle with as many vehicles as the game will allow (haven't counted them, but the factories stop producing). My tanks always get choked up somewhere. Also, shields would be perfect. It's the year 2100 after all.
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

I don't mean to insult anyone, but this reminds me of a forum of another open-source game (and game engine). There was a forum user there that claimed to be a very respected C++ developer that was working on a major MMORPG game. Always bragging and such, but he never posted a single screenshot or other proof of his work. That guy was all over the forum (I mean, REALLY, 25% of the posts where his), and a lot of people seemed to believe him, but it was obvious that he was just a bored kid who did not know what he was talking about. He also posted tutorials and advanced programming articles he claimed to have written, but he just copy-pasted them from other websites. I googled his nickname and my suspicions turned out to be correct. He was banned from a lot of forums and communities, always for the same reason: constant spamming and trolling. I notified the forum administrator. The guy got a warning first. Did he give up? No. He created a second account, pretending to be another person, more specific the employer of the first guy. Praising himself for his great skills, both programming skills and social skills. That was it. The same day, the guy got himself banned.

@Raem_Lylar: I'm not accusing you of anything, but this looks similar. I hope I'm wrong of course. I'd really like to see your features in warzone... But for me: no proof of your work, no credit...
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

ratarf wrote:I don't mean to insult anyone, but this reminds me of a forum of another open-source game (and game engine). There was a forum user there that claimed to be a very respected C++ developer that was working on a major MMORPG game. Always bragging and such, but he never posted a single screenshot or other proof of his work. That guy was all over the forum (I mean, REALLY, 25% of the posts where his), and a lot of people seemed to believe him, but it was obvious that he was just a bored kid who did not know what he was talking about. He also posted tutorials and advanced programming articles he claimed to have written, but he just copy-pasted them from other websites. I googled his nickname and my suspicions turned out to be correct. He was banned from a lot of forums and communities, always for the same reason: constant spamming and trolling. I notified the forum administrator. The guy got a warning first. Did he give up? No. He created a second account, pretending to be another person, more specific the employer of the first guy. Praising himself for his great skills, both programming skills and social skills. That was it. The same day, the guy got himself banned.

@Raem_Lylar: I'm not accusing you of anything, but this looks similar. I hope I'm wrong of course. I'd really like to see your features in warzone... But for me: no proof of your work, no credit...
:!!!: :!!!: :-S Actually, to be honest i lied! Yes its called trolling, i do it on every forum i just joined, but only once! And then i admit it! I'm done, now i will be myself ;)
My goal of course is to make everyone disrespect me, so then i have a challenge of earning respect starting from the bottom of the deepest hatred hole. O_o

But i really did attempt to fix warzone :) and i do have fixes, but nothing near what i promised. :(
Go ahead and consider shields and other stuff suggestions. ;)

Now all i can do is wait and see if I'm banned or not, i might have gone a little too far, but that just means i love your improvement to the game! :D I'm not kissing ass, because your improvements have ruined the game as well as making it better. :-S

I apologize, i usually don't though, but i can see i went too far this time... (i really do have programing experience, learned from others)
If i do get banned, i request it be for at least a week, i deserve it... but please no more than a few months, maybe when you release 2.2 beta is when you could un-ban me. But please no perma ban or IP ban :stare:

EDIT: Actually, i think i will just create a new account since i cant figure out how to change my display name :-S
I will be Lord_Triger_LO. I will put in my sig that i was Raem_Lylar. :ninja:
EndOfItAll wrote:Wow, I would love to get my hands on a game engine that automatically converts hundreds of thousands of lines of code.

I knew that first post seemed fishy. Too bad he was lying, I would love to see some of those changes made available in WZ. I typically go into battle with as many vehicles as the game will allow (haven't counted them, but the factories stop producing). My tanks always get choked up somewhere. Also, shields would be perfect. It's the year 2100 after all.
They already have shields, look back at one of my replies that were quoted by a dev.

I am truly working on fixing path finding though.

Its not a game engine, the engine is part of the code. Its a separate program that takes roughly 10-40 hours to convert stuff.
Main: Arithyce
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Raem_Lylar wrote: :!!!: :!!!: :-S Actually, to be honest i lied! Yes its called trolling, i do it on every forum i just joined, but only once! And then i admit it! I'm done, now i will be myself ;)
:stare:
:stare:
I never would have guessed. :P
wari
Trained
Trained

Post by wari »

Ban plz.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I don't see why we should ban him. Maybe give him some sort of lesson on how stupid that is... But what's the worst he could do now? If he relapses, we can reconsider, but if he doesn't, I can't think of any way we'd benefit from banning him.
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

Lol Raem_Lylar, you certainly have a strange and challenging way of joining online communities... If you really want to be friends again with warzone, buy a C programming book and start improving it's source code for real, or write in it's wiki. Otherwise I'll bomb your house with VTOL's.
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

Ha! and I'll send my slave-scavangers! they're enough for you!
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

:rolleyes:
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

O_o You cant edit really old posts? :-S

I attempted some stuff in warzones code, any body want a really glitchy research and lassat mod? -lol
Main: Arithyce
coppercore
Trained
Trained

Post by coppercore »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

What an entertaining thread. I give this two thumbs up.

But in all seriousness, good luck with the path finding. The whole gateway setup hurts my face. Once you get above 128x128 maps is when you start running into serious problems. (eg units taking three days to figure out a path, i'm not sure how far this project has gotten with pathfinding however)

I'm coming as a "refugee" if you will from the 2200 project, so excuse my noobishness if I am incorrect about something.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

coppercore wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHABut in all seriousness, good luck with the path finding. The whole gateway setup hurts my face. Once you get above 128x128 maps is when you start running into serious problems. (eg units taking three days to figure out a path, i'm not sure how far this project has gotten with pathfinding however).
Agreed — hence why we got rid of it in 2.1 beta4 (with unintended consequences) and (properly) in 2.2 (using multi-threaded pathing). So zones and gateways are not used at all for path finding (but some of the scripts still use gateways for choosing where to build defences).

Regards, Freddie.