New Maps for 2.1

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
eclipz3
Greenhorn

New Maps for 2.1

Post by eclipz3 »

didn't see a thread started so can you guys please put up some maps that will work because I can't get any of the beta 2 and 3's to work :gonk:
Last edited by Buginator on 16 Oct 2008, 05:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: *edit, modified title, since any map for 2.1 beta 4, should work for any release of 2.1 (and 2.2 ...)
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Re: New Maps for Beta 4

Post by Zi-Chan »

These are all Maps, i have, which work with the Beta 4. Directly out of my Beta 4-maps-Folder.
2c-BeNEXUS.wz
(10.19 KiB) Downloaded 1584 times
4c-cockpit.wz
(19.44 KiB) Downloaded 1313 times
4c-greatmap.wz
(38.18 KiB) Downloaded 1549 times
Last edited by Zi-Chan on 05 Sep 2008, 04:52, edited 6 times in total.
:ninja:
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

Attachments are limited to three per Post. :-S
4c-ludo.wz
(2.97 KiB) Downloaded 1278 times
4c-river_canyon.wz
(9.65 KiB) Downloaded 1346 times
8c-cockate.wz
(20.87 KiB) Downloaded 1335 times
Last edited by Zi-Chan on 05 Sep 2008, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

This is the last one, i have.
8c-riftriver.wz
(52.66 KiB) Downloaded 1497 times
Have Fun :3

P.S.: They all work with the 2.0.10 too. I've got some Maps for the 2.0.10 too, which don't work with the Beta 4, if you want.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

eclipz3: Maps that play under the earlier betas should play under b4. Do you have a problems with the maps Zi-Chan has uploaded here?

Can I take this opportunity to raise the question of the purpose and value of this thread with the dev team.

There are now 81 topics spread over 5 pages on the Showcase thread. Who has searched all the way through these posts for mods and maps? Do you have the latest version of the mod or map? People usuually dload the first version of a map or mod found, and have no reason to search further through the thread for updated versions.

We need a proper Downloads page for mods and maps, where the latest versions will always be available. I don't know how difficult this would be to achieve, but can the dev team consider the issue and perhaps let us know your thinking on the matter.
wari
Trained
Trained

Post by wari »

Thanks Zi-Chan for putting all these in the one place, I recommend this be stickied and any new maps be posted here.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

zydonk wrote:eclipz3: Maps that play under the earlier betas should play under b4. Do you have a problems with the maps Zi-Chan has uploaded here?

Can I take this opportunity to raise the question of the purpose and value of this thread with the dev team.

There are now 81 topics spread over 5 pages on the Showcase thread. Who has searched all the way through these posts for mods and maps? Do you have the latest version of the mod or map? People usuually dload the first version of a map or mod found, and have no reason to search further through the thread for updated versions.

We need a proper Downloads page for mods and maps, where the latest versions will always be available. I don't know how difficult this would be to achieve, but can the dev team consider the issue and perhaps let us know your thinking on the matter.
I don't deny it has value, but the question is, how do we allow people to upload maps ? Right now, the only way we can do that is via the forum software, and have people attach the maps.

The other problem is, the permission/license issue.

I guess also, we would need a voting system of some type, so people can vote on the best map(s).
And to complicate things more, I wouldn't really want all the extra noise in a thread that should just have maps (or mods) in it. It just becomes way too long very fast, and people ignore most posts or post things that don't belong in the thread-- a download page would work better, but I wouldn't know if this is possible or not.
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

Buginator wrote:a download page would work better, but I wouldn't know if this is possible or not.
Just put the Maps on this Server and link to them on a new Page on this Website :)
You can even integrate a Vote - there are enough Download- and Vote-Scripts (together in one) out there.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Why the concern with voting? The old WZ websites had (map/mod) Download pages. Remember the one that lav handled, complete with comments, thumb and a score? My main concern is with updating the content on such a page. For instance, how up-to-date are the maps you uploaded, Zi-Chan?

A start could be made by setting up a Download page, with a protocol for uploading (whether vetted or not, etc), and see how that goes. A sticky could be inserted in appropriate threads pointing to the new page.
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

zydonk wrote:For instance, how up-to-date are the maps you uploaded, Zi-Chan?
Don't know, how up-to-date they are - i did just pick them from my maps-Folder. I don't know the old Website - i know this Project since 3 Months.

Does anybody know the Windows Live Messenger Add-On: Messenger Plus! Live?
Take a look at their Download-Section: http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/
There you can sort everything by Date, by Rating, by Downloads and by Categories.
Every Author of a Plugin there can change it's own Releases, he/she uploaded. Authors can change their Descriptions, their Screenshots, everything. Just by logging in as a regular User (i think). Maps, where the Author isn't available, can be uploaded by other Users too - they have to write down, that this isn't his/her Work. I don't know how to keep those Maps up-to-date then, because no one knows, which is the latest File..

..but i like this Database. It's easy to browse through and to sort everything. Imagine a Warzone-Database containing Categories: Releases (the Game itself), Maps (categorized by Map Size, Player Amount and Difficulty [rated by People]), Mods (categorized by Changes at the Appearance only, by new Researches, by new Units, by new Buildings, by new Features/Functions (if possible), ect. - can select more than one Category as Attributes, for sorting), Tutorials, ect. and everything categorized by Game-Version (as Attributes too, because many Maps work on different Versions [e.g. Beta 4 and 2.0.10]).

And one of the best Features that Database together with Messenger Plus! offers, is: It tells you, when you start your Messenger, if a new Version of an installed Plugin is available, by checking the Database. An AutoUpdater for the Game itself could be just the Beginning. It can update Mods and Maps too! :P Everything with a "Yes / No"-Prompt of course, as always.
Last edited by Zi-Chan on 08 Sep 2008, 07:58, edited 2 times in total.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

Those are some pretty good ideas Zi-Chan. I’m no code monkey, or web designer, but I think the best time to implement your ideas (if possible,) is after the betas are out of the way.

must...resist...further comments...
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

ClockWork wrote:Those are some pretty good ideas Zi-Chan.
Thank you. I hope, they are. :D
ClockWork wrote:must...resist...further comments...
Hahaha.. I stopped fighting back. xD
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Although there's no real need right now, I could eventually add that kind of functionality to the Guide I'm making myself. It'll probably get done before 2.1 is released, anyway (it's a while past "Q1 2008" already).
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

52 Maps! Beta 4 and 2.0.10

Post by Zi-Chan »

Here is a Map-Pack i found on the german Warzone-Forums:
It contains 52 playable Beta 4 and 2.0.10-Maps! Awesome :P
Some of my previous posted Maps are contained too, but not all, and many many many... many others.

Almost all of them work with the 2.0.10 too - only 2 or 3 of them don't.
So you can just place this File both in your 2.1 Beta 4- and your 2.0.10-"maps"-Folder.

DEV edit* NOTE! This has been removed. The Map pack causes issues with the game. See the new utility that handles this correctly.

Have Fun! :3

P.S.: Scroll up in this Topic for some Maps, which aren't in this Map-Pack:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2125&p=20954#p20128

P.P.S.: Credits go to "Black NEXUS" from board.warzone2100.de
Last edited by Buginator on 07 Mar 2009, 20:54, edited 12 times in total.
Reason: Delete the map pack, since it caused too many issues.
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

awesome :D