idea for a map

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Tymon
Rookie
Rookie

idea for a map

Post by Tymon »

here's a small idea for a map that I have been looking for some time now but failed to find 1 I want to mess around and make it myself(it would be crappy but worth a try :P) but I couldn't find editworld anywhere if someone may give me a download link?

anyway the idea is for 2 players to start right next to each other so they can build a huge base in a 2 vs 2 match where both teams would start right next to each other

what do you think?
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Re: idea for a map

Post by fisk0 »

Tymon wrote:here's a small idea for a map that I have been looking for some time now but failed to find 1 I want to mess around and make it myself(it would be crappy but worth a try :P) but I couldn't find editworld anywhere if someone may give me a download link?

anyway the idea is for 2 players to start right next to each other so they can build a huge base in a 2 vs 2 match where both teams would start right next to each other

what do you think?
could be interesting in human vs human matches, but I think it would be almost unplayable if any of the players are AI's. They'd just clog up the base with units and random buildings and steal all oil derricks.
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

Tymon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tymon »

fisk0 wrote:
Tymon wrote:here's a small idea for a map that I have been looking for some time now but failed to find 1 I want to mess around and make it myself(it would be crappy but worth a try :P) but I couldn't find editworld anywhere if someone may give me a download link?

what do you think?
could be interesting in human vs human matches, but I think it would be almost unplayable if any of the players are AI's. They'd just clog up the base with units and random buildings and steal all oil derricks.
yes that may be a problem and another problem would be since the spots are picked randomly(I think)
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

------------------------------>

* At one time there were over 800 WZ Maps available.

* Never played 'em all but I do know one map that was exactly designed to be what you describe.

* The map was called "Coop" and it was made by Member Something in 2000 who happened to be a good bud of Member Bones0, creator of "Wdg Explorer", "Bones0 A.I.", and "Scav Mod"...

* "Coop" map was (is) excellent and was specifically designed for all human MP.

* I probably have it archived somewhere... others probably have it too.... Lav Coyote come to mind.... Might also be included in the "Ultimate Mod-Map Pack" offered by World Force Clan.

* It would have to be converted to run on the WRP binary, not a big deal. I can also sign-off on its GPL2 release.

* As far as the A.I. behavior described here - true for some A.I.'s but definitely not all and I can vouch from experience which A.I. doesNOT have those described behavior problems..

- Regards, Rman.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo