Keyboard shortcut cheat sheet.

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
tagger
New user

Keyboard shortcut cheat sheet.

Post by tagger »

Hello,

New to Warzone, and love the game so far. Found I needed a cheat sheet with they keyboard shortcuts, so I made one based off of the information on the wiki (I reformatted it to make it a bit easier to use), and decided to share the product. Probably won't help long time players, however will help newbs like me. :)

I uploaded the file as a pdf figuring everyone could view/print it on any platform.
Warzone 2100 Keyboard Shortcuts.pdf
Keyboard shortcuts in pdf.
(148.82 KiB) Downloaded 3361 times
I am looking for a good flow chart of the tech tree... haven't found yet (yes I checked the old site... and the sites that you click on the tech you want and it explains how to get there... but I was hoping for a nice visual diagram of how they all interact, and yes I can tell it is complicated). Might pick through and make one if I can't find anything handy.

Enjoy the cheat sheet... and if there are any mistakes let me know, I'll try to fix.

Thanks much for the game.
Warzone 2100 Keyboard Shortcuts.pdf
Keyboard shortcuts in pdf.
(148.82 KiB) Downloaded 3361 times
Not all who wander are lost.
elio
Regular
Regular

Re: Keyboard shortcut cheat sheet.

Post by elio »

tagger
New user

Post by tagger »

Yep. I found those resources. I'm sure they are handy if you already know what you are looking for, but as I'm new... I don't. And I don't really understand how all the research branches are linked, every time I play I find branches that I have not seen before, and can't find the ones I'm looking for. (Only been playing a week... what can I say..)

Tis ok though I've started a flow chart for the wonderfully rich tech tree. Already nicely interwoven, I'm impressed with the density of the tree... kudos to game designers. When I'm done I'll post it as I'm sure there are quite a few people looking for something like what i'm doing.

doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

Thank you, that will be useful...

But why "cheat" sheet?

//About the tech tree, I remember sometime ago someone posted a script-generated techtree which was similar to the one you wanted to do, it's a visual diagram. It was really huge.//

Edit: I found it.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=588&p=4846&hilit=te ... ript#p4846
tagger
New user

Post by tagger »

The tech tree is a nice resource, very close to what I was looking for. Although a bit hard to follow. But I do like. I am going to see if I can make one that is just a bit easier to follow... I might fail miserably... as it is a complicated tech tree. But I enjoy.

And I called it a cheat sheet because I think of it as a way to "cheat" until I can memorize the shortcuts. And while completely allowable... it is far more fun to think of it as cheating... (in a good kind of way..)
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

I would not mind if it was to become an "official piece of documentation". Someone objects? Suggestions where it should go? (readme in text and html format probably. And also the pdf in the installer?)
tagger
New user

Post by tagger »

I would be glad to contribute! Enjoy.

I have it in Open Office writer format, can give it to you in just about any format you can use.. just let me know what you want/need. Send what you need in an email or PM, I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I wouldn't mind a tag saying I contributed (even a really really small one.... :) ) , although I don't require it.

Thanks for the game :)
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Very nice.