I must say---I Love this game!

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

Re: I must say---I Love this game!

Post by LostSoulJa »

I think pig did something with his router/server box
Mr. Pig
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr. Pig »

I think there is another port they aren't telling us that needs to be forwarded because it worked when I put my pc in the DMZ.
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LostSoulJa »

didnt we put my PC in DMZ, and it still not work---but all that i know is that i love this game online :)
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

the dmz setting on routers doesn't do any port forwarding, but supposedly prevents port blocking and any other form of security offered by the router, though most routers will also unblock a port as soon as you try to forward it.
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LostSoulJa »

well mine goes all nazi on us when i try to open a port...it says it's opened..but its technically not
Disco_Inferno
Greenhorn

Post by Disco_Inferno »

How do you play online? You start over IP ingame or over gayspy arcade?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

GPL version of warzone 2100 does not work with gamespy. ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

answering on the topic , yea I love WarZone too :))
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LostSoulJa »

pig, let me get my work schedule, and lets try and plan for a game soon.

all my exams are over and schools over, but i'll be working day shifts now untill school starts again.
jtown
New user

Post by jtown »

Just want to say, I thank you for bringing this game back.
I used to own it and would play over LAN all the time. 

Times changed and i've moved friends moved.  Since my discovery of our treasured game being still modified, we have again started playing.  Thank you.

I really enjoy playing though my question is this.  We attempted to play us 2 vs 2CPU and mid way through the fight, once i killed one of the cpu's command center.  the computer stopped doing anything, and it wouldnt let me destroy anything of the computers..  Its turrets still shot, but i could not kill them.  I ended up with over 40 Vtol Bomber planes and it did nothing to any of his units.. I Was curious if there was something to do to get that to work better:)  He hates playing me one on one, he doesnt know the tech tree at all.. He doesnt care to learn it, and i just walk in with heavy cannons and he dies fast.
karmazilla
Trained
Trained

Post by karmazilla »

jtown wrote:I really enjoy playing though my question is this.  We attempted to play us 2 vs 2CPU and mid way through the fight, once i killed one of the cpu's command center.  the computer stopped doing anything, and it wouldnt let me destroy anything of the computers..  Its turrets still shot, but i could not kill them.  I ended up with over 40 Vtol Bomber planes and it did nothing to any of his units.. I Was curious if there was something to do to get that to work better:)  He hates playing me one on one, he doesnt know the tech tree at all.. He doesnt care to learn it, and i just walk in with heavy cannons and he dies fast.
That sure sounds annoying, but I don't know of any workaround other than don't play 2 vs. 2. Try taking on just one AI and then a brutal one - like GengisKhan or BecomePray.

An overhaul of the network code is planned for 2.1, so hopefully that'll fix things like this.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Disco_Inferno wrote: How do you play online? You start over IP ingame or over gayspy arcade?
I play online by first forwarding port 9999 (on my NAT box aka router) to my box. Then the other players join by IP on my box.

--
Giel
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
l_0rd Mach3ll0
Greenhorn

Post by l_0rd Mach3ll0 »

We've got the hosting part down except for a few dropped connections and such. (I'm the "dialup friend" mentioned in the original post.)

Anyways

We all played a game tonight, and everyone's clients froze up a couple times but came out of it. Near the end of the game, everyone got disconnected for some unknown reason (which really sucks). So... I got really bored and took it upon myself to build.. errrmm.... defense. :)

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4283/untitleddl8.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8905/untitledqu4.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4906/untitledkk0.jpg

After building who knows how many, I was about to give the command to 4 trucks to build another section, when it just so happens that the gauss cannon emplacement doesn't show up any more in the build menu for some reason. Humph.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1473/untitledup6.jpg

Made me angry. Grrrrr.
Last edited by l_0rd Mach3ll0 on 27 Dec 2006, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LostSoulJa »

well my fleet raped ken's fleet on the way to ur base...which was hilaroius...and then i got disconnected...which was gay!

[edit]

and my fleets tottaly would of owned you guys..i mean...i'll put it like this....with just ONE truck..i took 2 bases :0

then ken fleet crashed me, and the i put up the walls of anti-air :D
Last edited by LostSoulJa on 27 Dec 2006, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
l_0rd Mach3ll0
Greenhorn

Post by l_0rd Mach3ll0 »

Here's a story timeline of ken's l33t fleet of repair and sensor thingys getting completely 0w|\|3d by gauss:

Image Image Image Image

So.. Yeah.
LOL :D

Edit: That took about 15 seconds. You would have been owned. :)
I was planning on putting some AA up, but the gauss limit ruined it. :(
Last edited by l_0rd Mach3ll0 on 27 Dec 2006, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.