I must say---I Love this game!

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

I must say---I Love this game!

Post by LostSoulJa »

Ok, me and my friend Pig (from the multiplayer thread) got the game going online multilayer, and we started playing with another friend of ours (who's on dial up-but it doesnt kill his bandwith which is awesome), and just the stradegy that's going on, is just awesome (i just wish there was grid's to call in airstricks with though)

Does anyone here have XFire/Team Speak that would like to join us in playing online? Probally wont be untill friday we'll play online again and raid because of us all having exams, and the holidays coming up.

But i'd like to get a little 5 ppl vs. computers game going.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: I must say---I Love this game!

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ok - you got it going - excellent - now - how did you go about doing that...
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LostSoulJa »

Something pig did lol, not entierly sure what he did---but something good :D
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

i might see if i can do that -- should be fun. now if only i could keep from losing...
Disco_Inferno
Greenhorn

Post by Disco_Inferno »

I could play. Xfire = Opdondertje

Kage you could teamup with me :-)
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

Disco_Inferno wrote: I could play. Xfire = Opdondertje

Kage you could teamup with me :-)
lol. you once played a game of battlezone 2 against me and a few others, and you completely kicked my ass. sure i'll team up with you, if you're okay with dragging me to victory  ;)
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LostSoulJa »

Well im thinking Us (how ever many) vs. computer on a really hard setting -_-
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

Don't go for too many players then: me and DRIES kick the CPU's ass, even with 6 computer opponents on hard. And I'm really just a moderate player.
Speeder
Trained
Trained

Post by Speeder »

when i and my clan members play wz, we allwayse use team speak, if you want to play withe me and my clan, write message to my e-mail [email protected]
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LostSoulJa »

ratarf wrote: Don't go for too many players then: me and DRIES kick the CPU's ass, even with 6 computer opponents on hard. And I'm really just a moderate player.
haha...well..we played the computer on (im guessing semi-easy) and we got tottaly owned, even with all 3 of us being in an alliance -_-
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

I must admit, it depends from many things. Like for example, on how many sides of your territory you need to defend. If you're in the centre of the map with 4 CPU's attacking you from all sides... Good luck! The game where we 'owned' the computer involved some luck too.

4 players near the left upper corner, 4 players near the right bottom corner. Me and my ally next to each other. We both take out 1 CPU on our side of the map using MG units, at the very beginning of the game. We then take all the oil resources on our side of the map. We set up defenses near the middle of the map, where (if I remember correctly) the only passage to the other side is located. We research at a high rate (mid power levels, but a lot of oil! And we do know the tech tree rather good). After a while, we start to produce more units. I took care of the artillery (mortars, pepperpots and howitzers). My ally used heavy cannons. We cross the passage in the middle and take out the 4 remaining CPU players 1 by 1.

I think we played the map 'bananas', and the game did not last longer than 1 hour (not very sure). Also, none of my units were killed.

In an other map, we got our ass kicked; green & yellow CPU players attacked DRIES' base with first-level units... But a whole damn lot of them. I guess you've seen those BIG hordes of stuck units that occur when the CPU builds his base a little 'too tight'. Anyway, despite the lancer hardpoints and 6 trucks repairing them intensively, the horde of approx. 50-100 units broke through the hardcrete. There were no backup defenses. End of story.

I'm sorry for bothering you guys with these tales of victory and failure  ;D
Disco_Inferno
Greenhorn

Post by Disco_Inferno »

The standaard CPU of wz is kinda easy :'(

But I have played several thousand of games online 8) Yep addicted! At least I was..
Last edited by Disco_Inferno on 19 Dec 2006, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

The 1.10 AI does a slightly better job now, it is a bit faster and doesn't use useless unit templates anymore. Also if you are going to use SVN build you can make AIs ally each other against you, this all can make comp stomps a big more challenging (don't expect any magic from 1.10 though).
?topic=1617.0
Disco_Inferno
Greenhorn

Post by Disco_Inferno »

lol. you once played a game of battlezone 2 against me and a few others, and you completely kicked my ass. sure i'll team up with you, if you're okay with dragging me to victory 
Yea I remember that. It was good fun. That game is also a classic one. It was buggy like hell but the gameplay was special and fun.

The best map out there would be Clover. Orginal map of the game and best low power map. As you may know everybody played high power maps online and hardly orginal maps. To bad because I also like those.
Real skill was needed there and not many people had it...
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

lav_coyote25 wrote: ok - you got it going - excellent - now - how did you go about doing that...

it is an excellent thing to get it working - now - how exactly was it accomplished... please... needs to be added to the docs.

thanks ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.