Gamma 1 Fission Mailed < 30 seconds

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
ProfessorKhaos
Greenhorn

Gamma 1 Fission Mailed < 30 seconds

Post by ProfessorKhaos »

Subject sums it up.

Decided to go through the campaign again. Got to the last beta mission and failed at 00:00. Reloaded, completed at 00:00. Next up, gamma 1. Failed at 18 seconds, loaded, failed at 23 seconds.

So what's going on? Is campaign just broken/unbeatable now?
ProfessorKhaos
Greenhorn

Re: Gamma 1 Fission Mailed < 30 seconds

Post by ProfessorKhaos »

Mision failed as soon as I loaded trucks in to the transport.
No trucks on map.
No buildings on map.
No trucks waiting to be loaded (BUT ARE LOADED).

I specifically put trucks in the first transport load so I would start the mission with them.

The first transport load is lost/gone/non existant now.

I started with the second transport load, hence no trucks.

So... 2 possible bugs? First, should not fail if trucks are in the transport, and second, should not delete first transport load.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Can't reproduce this. Are you using version 3.3.0 beta1?

Transport loads getting mixed up when loading saves after the first load is sent off is an old known issue. It can be a serious issue since there is a possibility of completely useless units being unloaded first (ie. a group consisting of only AA and trucks, or ...).
ProfessorKhaos
Greenhorn

Post by ProfessorKhaos »

Yeah "Your game version is 3.3.0-beta1".

I overwrote the save on the next mission so I can't supply it. Don't really feel like doing the entire alpha and beta campaign again so soon, but I'll try to keep an eye out for next time. It failed 5 or 6 times in a row exactly when I clicked the last truck to load, so it was at least reproducible in that save.
ProfessorKhaos
Greenhorn

Post by ProfessorKhaos »

I managed to reproduce this and have a save if anyone is interested in pursuing it further, let me know.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

ProfessorKhaos wrote: 27 Mar 2019, 18:05 I managed to reproduce this and have a save if anyone is interested in pursuing it further, let me know.
I already fixed and merged in that Gamma-1 issue in this pull request. You said you had a problem in the last Beta mission where it failed at mission end, do you have a save for that? Or, if not, was the transporter still on map when the timer ran out?

BTW, if you have a save for the ripple rockets not firing then upload it if you still have it.
ProfessorKhaos
Greenhorn

Post by ProfessorKhaos »

Awesome, thanks for fixing that!

In both the other cases, reloading the save alleviated the problem so I didn't bother to keep them. The transporter was probably (?) still in the zone at least. Can't really remember if the transport was still on the map or not. It very well could have been.