Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Wrath Sniper
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Maps

Post by Wrath Sniper »

Savage is now ready for some Beta Testing... Still not yet able to login to addons page so for now I will add here as a preview

Edited: Savage Beta 2 version is now ready, posted further below
Attachments
5c-SavageB1.wz
(80.78 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Map Details.jpg
Last edited by Wrath Sniper on 16 Dec 2018, 16:12, edited 2 times in total.
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

I have tested your map with the latest developer version.

On the whole, I like it. It looks even better than your screenshots suggest.

I did however discover another issue: Across your map, some trees are partly buried in the ground:
buried trees on map "SavageB1"
buried trees on map "SavageB1"
savage_buried_trees.png (559.55 KiB) Viewed 4627 times
Wrath Sniper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wrath Sniper »

Thanks for pointing that out :) Yeah that's a bit annoying those sunken trees, I've been trying to clean those up...

You know how the editor has fatten under structures, I wonder if they would be able eventually add the objects/trees to that function? or a magic flatten under object brush? (I'm probably dreaming here but I think that could be a useful feature...)

I have gone through and removed (Hopefully) all of the floating and sunken trees.

New Beta Release Attached Here
Attachments
5c-SavageB2.wz
(80.45 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

Wrath Sniper wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 13:32 [...] I have gone through and removed (Hopefully) all of the floating and sunken trees. [...]
Unfortunately, not really:
buried trees on map "SavageB2"
buried trees on map "SavageB2"
savageb2_buried_trees.png (435.51 KiB) Viewed 4595 times
If you removed every tree that was not properly placed, few would be left.
Hopefully one of the experienced mapmakers in this forum can suggest a better solution.
Wrath Sniper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wrath Sniper »

Yeah it would be good if there was a better solution. The only thing I can think of is to try put them only on flat surfaces and away from edges. I've removed those two as well... Though the flame map editor is a great improvement on the old edit world.

Thanks again for the eagle eyes...

Any other feedback about the map?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Wrath Sniper wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 17:37 Any other feedback about the map?
You're doing great, dude. This is definitely the best "first map" i've ever seen anybody make. Huge, hand-crafted, asymmetric, beautiful. These nitpicks you hear are extremely minor, very few people actually bother fixing them or even notice them during the game. You possess a bunch of freaking patience to spend, this is huge. Get your own thread and grow it into a showcase of awesomeness.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Wrath Sniper wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 17:37 Any other feedback about the map?
Your first map? Great job. :) I wasn`t in this forum for 2-3 years and i am happy to see, that there are still map makers :-)
Start your own thread please (for example..."Wrath Snipers maps"). It would be nice to see more maps by you, so we can find them all in one thread. And now i will start to play a game. As usual alone against 4 bots.... XD
If i will find some mistakes (cliffs etc. you know what i mean) i will send you a PM.
Thanks for the map.
BTW...did you try to work with gimp+flame? Gimp is free and helps a lot.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Wrath Sniper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wrath Sniper »

Hi, Thanks for the great feedback.

I can start a new topic, Just want to be sure of the correct place to put it... I was thinking to start a new topic in addon discussions?
I didn't use gimp but oddly enough found a random creative paint app to create a heightmap then went from there... Those heightmaps save a lot of time!
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Wrath Sniper wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 02:04I was thinking to start a new topic in addon discussions?
Yup.
Wrath Sniper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wrath Sniper »

I have started a new thread
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15056