Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Eugen
Trained
Trained

[3.2.3] Alpha Mission 2 won't complete

Post by Eugen »

Hello!

I can't finish the Alpha 2 mission. WZ 2100 ver. 3.2.3

I destroyed all the scavenger bases, collected all the artifacts and killed all the enemies. I've even upgraded a power generator.

The mission won't finish and I have 10 minutes left...
Attachments
Save 1-2.zip
Alpha mission 2 savegame
(57.51 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Currently running warzone2100-master-20180928-122314-de6b592_x86_portable.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Re: [3.2.3] Alpha Mission 2 won't complete

Post by alfred007 »

This is a known bug in campaign. Read the discussion in this post.
Eugen
Trained
Trained

Post by Eugen »

Thank you for the information.

This is an extremely critical bug. I wonder why the patch (ver. 3.2.4) hasnt been issued yet to solve it.

Are there any other known critical campaign bugs? If I will be able to complete this mission, will the rest of the game be free of such bugs?
andrvaut
Trained
Trained

Post by andrvaut »

I would not recommend running a campaign on 3.2.x versions. Use 3.1.5 or the Master version.

This bug: #4428
vaut ΣΑ [GN], ru streamer.
Tournaments channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzusNa-54ydodtSz2TdHFww
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Eugen wrote:Thank you for the information.

This is an extremely critical bug. I wonder why the patch (ver. 3.2.4) hasnt been issued yet to solve it.

Are there any other known critical campaign bugs? If I will be able to complete this mission, will the rest of the game be free of such bugs?
3.2.3 is unfortunately very buggy. The reason why there is no patch is the fact that the whole program is transcripted from wzscript to javascript. The current master version is tested by several people (including me) and the campaign seems to be free from critical bugs. The only thing you have to care about is that you have to play beta 11 (the last beta mission) without saving the game. If you save the game after the first transporter left the map and reload it, the order of your units you sent to the transporter is mixed up.

In version 3.1.5 I remember only one critical bug. It is possible that in gamma 03 the nexus transporter doesn't leave the map. And because the transporters are indestructible you can win this level only with the "let me win" cheat. Because of all the changes that were made during transcription, I recommend the master version. Save often because the enemy factory throttles were decreased a lot and you have to fight more enemies than in version 3.1.5. Especially alpha 12 can be very tough. Even more with insane difficulty.

At the moment we have a discussion with the developers to release the transcripted version.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

In 3.1, as well as in 2.3, as well as in all previous versions i remember, there were tons of campaign bugs reported, but i've personally never managed to reproduce them through dozens of campaign playthroughs. Even that bug in mission 2, as far as i remember, needs some pre-conditions to reproduce, it doesn't happen every time. 3.2 has indeed regressed compared to 3.1, but it definitely wasn't great previously. The primary purpose of the rewrite was to audit the code carefully, simplify it and make it more reliable, in order to have stronger guarantees that things work and make it easier to fix bugs, which was unbearably hard previously due to terrible code duplication (it looked as if every level was written by a different person and they all implemented all the solutions they needed separately without ever talking to each other, reinventing the wheel like 30 times and never sharing it, and every wheel they made had its own unique set of bugs that required deep understanding of that particular wheel construct to fix) and a very clumsy homegrown programming language.
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

NoQ wrote:In 3.1, as well as in 2.3, as well as in all previous versions i remember, there were tons of campaign bugs reported, but i've personally never managed to reproduce them through dozens of campaign playthroughs. Even that bug in mission 2, as far as i remember, needs some pre-conditions to reproduce, it doesn't happen every time......

That is true. I have played (3.2.3) thru that level hundreds of times (every time I get bored I start a new campaign) and never had that bug crop up at all. If you have a save game that keeps doing it. Delete the save game and start over and if it still dose it then tell us how you are playing it and what you are doing and see if some one can reproduce the bug.
Transmission ends ...
Eugen
Trained
Trained

Post by Eugen »

Another bug in Beta (Urban) 3 mission. AI doesn't build any tanks or cyborgs. At all. Playing on hard.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Eugen wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 20:20 Another bug in Beta (Urban) 3 mission. AI doesn't build any tanks or cyborgs. At all. Playing on hard.
Please use the development versions (https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... ent-builds) if you wish to play campaign. Fixes/worksaround tons of issues related to campaign old and new. The current dev builds are pretty much what 3.3.0 is going to be like. 3.2 saves are not compatible due to extensive changes.

Any campaign related issues with the development builds can be reported at viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12714.

NoQ wrote:In 3.1, as well as in 2.3, as well as in all previous versions i remember, there were tons of campaign bugs reported, but i've personally never managed to reproduce them through dozens of campaign playthroughs. Even that bug in mission 2, as far as i remember, needs some pre-conditions to reproduce, it doesn't happen every time. 3.2 has indeed regressed compared to 3.1, but it definitely wasn't great previously.
It was creating a save with that sensor tower on the hill being destroyed is what caused that. Warzone has issues loading map object labels of dead objects and thus it screws with libcampaign cause the group is nonexistent (plus victory condition check was trashed in the process). Mentioned it before and tried fixing in loadLabels() but still had the same result so I replaced all object labels with area labels as a workaround.

My guess is some people (including me) like to destroy almost everything in a mission and leave one or two objects to contend with to finish the mission quickly after saveload.
Eugen
Trained
Trained

Post by Eugen »

Berserk Cyborg wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 20:47
Please use the development versions (https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... ent-builds) if you wish to play campaign. Fixes/worksaround tons of issues related to campaign old and new. The current dev builds are pretty much what 3.3.0 is going to be like. 3.2 saves are not compatible due to extensive changes.
There is no shooting range toggle in the unit menu. I mean optimal/long/short range. Is it ok?
Also there is no "hold position" and "pursue", only "patrol".
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

Eugen wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 14:12 [...] There is no shooting range toggle in the unit menu. I mean optimal/long/short range. Is it ok?
Also there is no "hold position" and "pursue", only "patrol".
Read this thread.
HowardClark
New user

Post by HowardClark »

thank you for the information i was really upset due to this bug.