Version 3.2.3 trouble with downloaded maps

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
LiveWire
New user

Version 3.2.3 trouble with downloaded maps

Post by LiveWire »

Hi All,

A bit new to the WZ modding world here. Just got the Art revolution downloaded and played around to get the old colors back - that's about the extent of my troubleshooting capabilities for reference. I have done around 4 hours of googling and forum searching but did not see anything that resolved my particular issue.

I am having trouble getting any of the maps I have downloaded to show up when making a multiplayer game.
I have tried a couple different options with no luck. Feel free to correct my course of action so far. I make the mp.wz a zip file, then go into the "multiplay" folder, and then into "maps". There seems to be a lot of files in there that are not ".wz" files. I tried both slapping the downloaded .wz files in there and unpacking the .wz file contents (after transformed into a zip file).

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Re: Version 3.2.3 trouble with downloaded maps

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

Get the new master version.

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Warzone ... nch/master

goto artifacts section.

I recommend this version it's way better then 3.2.3 and 3.1.5.

next put the maps in your Documents\Warzone 2100 3.2\maps folder

if your using master goto %appdata%\Warzone 2100 Project\Warzone 2100 master\maps
LiveWire
New user

Post by LiveWire »

I'll give the master version a try after work tonight. Is it essentially the same thing to mod with Art Revolution?
I am on Windows 10 if that is relevant.

That's basically what I got out of the information I researched, but the 3.2.3 doesn't have the maps folder in that directory. IIRC, The only map folder I found was embedded as such, which did not do the trick for me:
Warzone >> mp.wz >> multiplayer >> maps

A custom map should be placed in the maps folder as a .wz file, correct?
I suspect where the maps are going is the crux of the issue.

Lastly one more question, is there any convenient way to save game for multiplayer games with more than one human player?
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

LiveWire wrote:I'll give the master version a try after work tonight. Is it essentially the same thing to mod with Art Revolution?
I am on Windows 10 if that is relevant.

That's basically what I got out of the information I researched, but the 3.2.3 doesn't have the maps folder in that directory. IIRC, The only map folder I found was embedded as such, which did not do the trick for me:
Warzone >> mp.wz >> multiplayer >> maps

A custom map should be placed in the maps folder as a .wz file, correct?
I suspect where the maps are going is the crux of the issue.

Lastly one more question, is there any convenient way to save game for multiplayer games with more than one human player?
are you using portable or regular installer?
LiveWire
New user

Post by LiveWire »

Regular, I believe.
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

LiveWire wrote:Regular, I believe.
if you are using portable it's located in the warzone 2100 directory. instead of your documents.
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

So sorry for taking so long to reply to your problem. It looks like people have told you every thing but where to find the correct map folder for the 3.2.3 full install on Win 10.

The file-path that you are looking for is; C:\Users\user name\Documents\Warzone 2100 3.2\maps

user name = the name that you use to log into your computer.

Hope I was not to late to be of any help.
Transmission ends ...