Colours.

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Bastet
Greenhorn

Colours.

Post by Bastet »

Hello, I did a quick search but got 0 results. Unfortunately I don't have a clue about modding etc.

Is there a mod out there that enables more colours for your units etc., in campaign mode? Specifically, I want to try the black one, which is available for skirmish but not campaign mode.

Thank you.
Last edited by Bastet on 05 Aug 2018, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Colours.

Post by NoQ »

Yellow, White, Black are reserved for enemy factions, which is, i believe, a good thing, because their style is definitely an important part of the story. Cyan, Pink are normally used for scavengers, but scavengers don't have team colors on the screen, so it shouldn't matter.

I don't think this list of colors has been un-hardcoded for modding yet.

What you can try, however, is to mod the palette file to re-paint green into black. In order to make a mod, zip the updated file into a .zip, rename the .zip to .wz, and load as a usual campaign mod.
Bastet
Greenhorn

Post by Bastet »

Thank you kindly :).

I'm having a resolution issue too. I have a 4K screen at 3840 x 2160. If I use any resolution above 800 x 600 the top two inches of the screen are chopped off. I've tried taking screen shots but they paste all-black. This happens both in windowed and full screen modes.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14783
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

NoQ wrote:What you can try, however, is to mod the palette file to re-paint green into black. In order to make a mod, zip the updated file into a .zip, rename the .zip to .wz, and load as a usual campaign mod.

Yup, works good. I haven't tested that far yet so don't be alarmed if if your enemy in Gama is green.
Attachments
colour-test.png
Transmission ends ...
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

OMG! my first mod.

But I see the minimap still shows green. :stressed: :lol2:
Transmission ends ...
Bastet
Greenhorn

Post by Bastet »

They do look good :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Minimap colors are unfortunately still hardcoded.

(also, the flashColours array looks kinda curious, hint hint, wink wink)