6V6

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

6V6

Post by trevormanaze »

Add brown and also add white as the new colors for players.
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: 6V6

Post by Forgon »

No, please don't.
Changing the maximum number of players from 8 to 10 was already a mistake.

It becomes more and more difficult to distinguish objects from each other and terrain the more player colours are introduced. They also require new textures and GUI changes. Finally, there are so few players online and the their games are so laggy that the effort would hardly translate into better user experience.
trevormanaze
Trained
Trained

Post by trevormanaze »

I average about 1 different 5v5 game a day.

Playing FFA with AI today 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 was very interesting. I actually made it down to the last ai and it beat me.

Brown and White seem like good colors to use for the new slots , unless anyone else has any color ideas.
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

trevormanaze wrote:[...] Playing FFA with AI today 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 was very interesting. I actually made it down to the last ai and it beat me. [...]
For games against AI, you could simulate the effect of having more player colours by
  • creating a map on which the AI starts with several bases simultaneously. This would have the advantage of AIs cooperating better.
  • increasing structure limits with a mod similar to BP's Enhanced Structure Limits Mod.
  • increasing unit limits by editing the file './data/mp/multiplay/skirmish/rules.js' inside your data directory.