I've been working on an idea for a new Warzone 2100 campaign. Unfortunately I can't dedicate the time or effort to learn how to use map tools or learn intricate details of creating a campaign. I can -- however -- write the full story and the details (in prose) of each mission (units, drafts of the maps, technology available, etc.) so someone with good map skills could produce it rather well (I hope). So this will require a team effort.
So far, I have the idea of a campaign with three episodes, each one with three missions/maps, making a total of nine missions. The first three missions are quite clear in my mind at this point; for the other six I do have the big story outline only.
But first of all... is there any interest out there of doing something like this? We'll need to form a team to build this new campaign.
If the answer is yes, then I have some questions:
- 1. If I write (prose) the missions and their details, is there any members of this forum who could actually work out the technical details and create the maps?
- 2. Is is possible to actually create a new campaign? I've seen tons of single maps, but don't know if it's possible to add a campaign.
- 3. Is it possible to have "cut scenes" before/after a mission? It doesn't need to be a video cut scene, but a simple screen with a couple of paragraphs could help adding to the back story.
- 4. Is it possible to command scavengers?
- 5. Is it possible one or two missions (in between) could be based on scavengers and their technology? Is it possible to do research if using scavengers?
- 6. Is it possible that a mission could have units from scavengers and also from traditional units?