Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Would anyone complain if I gave the rail and flame weapons in campaign a penetration ability? In multiplayer these weapon projectile types can hit multiple objects, but in campaign they simply stop on the first thing that it hits.

Oh, and the cyborg rail weapons in multiplayer do not penetrate either, so is that a mistake?

EDIT:
Pushed 2c5fd8085352eadaaa55cbd1c12ada4d8d76da3a, 7e8d62782bc6396ebe2cc27690b45c13afd89255 for the tactics and transporter load change in cam2-a. d102c8a3e8928c87b8c7ba74a38a3f6422d7c306 and e02672374b656f61d4a36108b55b0ff7ef3ee5c5 for gauss/flamer penetration in campaign and made the multiplayer cyborg guass weapons penetrate also.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

The "penetrating" trait is a HUGE buff. Like, makes the weapon multiple times stronger. Stats would need to be toned down dramatically if you are to enable that.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

NoQ wrote:The "penetrating" trait is a HUGE buff. Like, makes the weapon multiple times stronger. Stats would need to be toned down dramatically if you are to enable that.
Er, did not consider what would happen if there was a large group of those weapons amassed. I reverted those commits. :oops:

Cleaned up the weather control for campaign (it will produce a warning when loading older saves). So at least there is one less log file being created.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Cleaned up the Alpha 1 script and labels. I restored the last original behavior for this mission, namely the scavengers in the canyon between base two and three will attack once the derrick in base 2 is built. Provided the player did not decide to rush into the canyon in the first place and trigger them that way. Seems to work all good.
updated-campaign.wz
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

The changes for alpha 01 are looking good. The Scavs attacked my derrick after I build it in the former second base.
After getting back to testing I made also some thoughts about alpha 12. As I said before I'm no friend of increasing the factory throttles after the level became too difficult with insane difficulty. So my idea is to give the player the chance to bypass the second and third trigger area in a first step. I made the trigger areas a bit smaller so that the player can get north at the western edge of the map without activating the last 4 factories. But I added a new trigger area at the western entrance to the western base that activates all factories and the reinforcements. That means the player can move until shortly before the western base without activating the rest of the factories but so that the NP is not defenceless the factories get activated as soon as the player enters the base. That should help to use the factory throttles of commit a17b9b without getting alpha 12 too hard with insane difficulty. I tried to modify the file for alpha 12 by simply copy and paste some code. The factories get activated as expected but no reinforcements were coming. Neither with the new nor with the old trigger area. In the file attached are the log files, the modified file for alpha 12 and the changed labels file with the new trigger area.
Attachments
alpha 12.zip
(7.36 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Pushed Alpha 01 update in babfee94dbc7b18f2df7ec1b735bee9e368e53b1.
alfred007 wrote: I tried to modify the file for alpha 12 by simply copy and paste some code. The factories get activated as expected but no reinforcements were coming. Neither with the new nor with the old trigger area. In the file attached are the log files, the modified file for alpha 12 and the changed labels file with the new trigger area.
I did some modifications to it and saw the transporter now comes with reinforcements. And made reinforcement distribution favor the cannons/mortars over the bunker buster (usually they act as cannon fodder. Plus one of the factories produces bunker buster tanks anyway).

I packed the below mod with a sequence playing experiment that allows playing sounds before a video more easily. I used it in Alpha 1/5/8 and in Gamma 2/4. Doing a quick test session showed no errors. Can be seen in my usual branch.
updated-campaign.wz
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

@Berserk Cyborg

dunno if relevant to post here

what's with the campaign 7 mentioned here

https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/spac ... mpaign+7+-
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

WZ2100ModsFAn wrote: dunno if relevant to post here

what's with the campaign 7 mentioned here

https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/spac ... mpaign+7+-
Yes, off-topic. According to viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9500 it is the unofficial campaign 4 (viewtopic.php?f=49&t=10665). Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a working link or archive of the latest release (r24).
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a working link or archive of the latest release (r24).
here's a working link to it

https://vk.com/doc188421715_379747885?h ... 8c87d90d44

found it on vk on this post right here

https://vk.com/wall-1122659_27273?reply=27290
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I tested the mod you uploaded and no reinforcements were coming after I activated the westWayTrigger or the causeWayTrig. Factories are working correctly. There are some errors in the attached log files. I also attached a saved game for reproducing the missing reinforcement transporter and adjusted trigger areas in the labels file for alpha 12.
Edit: Maybe I made something wrong. I made a fast check by sending cyborgs north using the biffer baker cheat. After the cyborgs activated the causeWayTrig reinforcements were coming. I have to check this again later this week. I think I could mistakenly reload a saved game from the beginning of alpha 12 instead of the end of alpha 11 what I did with my check with the cyborgs.
Attachments
alpha 12.zip
(115.54 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Wait, we can't keep variables undefined for campaign anymore? Anything undefined is morphed into some empty object when loading a save (this I can not observe with a skirmish AI doing the same) which breaks the camDef check for __camTransporterMessage.

Edit:
As a workaround I made it stay as an empty string. To be safe I will check all the missions to make sure nothing else weird happens that could bust something.I pushed a06e049e55366a97ce7c56325c0d2df586254ae7 and d510d37f30290ba1bcb140b730b50be684b2e676 in the mean time. Saveload is still busted on the portables on everything but the pre-away missions.

Could someone compile master on Windows? I'm not seeing this issue when I compile the source on Linux. This must have started recently since this is the first time I have seen this weirdness.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Bethrezen wrote:
Berserk Cyborg wrote:This mod makes it so bombard pit does not appear in Alpha 8 research and the Alpha 11 artifact group runs back to the artifact again and keeps track of the closest droid that grabbed it.
Updated-Campaign.wz
Unfortunately I can't test that because master wont load for me just updated to the latest version
warzone2100-master-20180211-143024-e02cc41.exe (11-Feb-2018 13:58) and when i try to start it I'm still getting the following error.

The problem is that is a Vista DLL apparently and I'm running XP, so the question is why is master looking for a Vista dependency because it runs fine on XP or at least it did ?

If i had to hazard a guess it's probably changes made to get the resizing high dpi working in build bot so someone needs to check that and figure out what got messed up.
I looked over the code, and I see no reason at all why we had to move from a version of Qt that supported XP & Vista to what we are on now. We have added nothing new, that I can tell, that uses the newer API calls, so, I think we should roll-back Qt to a version that still works with XP / Vista, and not let our primary testers down.

Sorry Bethrezen. :(
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by pastdue »

vexed wrote: I looked over the code, and I see no reason at all why we had to move from a version of Qt that supported XP & Vista to what we are on now. We have added nothing new, that I can tell, that uses the newer API calls, so, I think we should roll-back Qt to a version that still works with XP / Vista, and not let our primary testers down.

Sorry Bethrezen. :(
The Qt change was an unintentional side-effect of using a more modern version of MXE to cross-compile (which we needed for non-Qt reasons).

While there is a workaround for MXE, this should also be resolved once I get automated builds working with MSVC, which doesn't have the same complexities making XP-compatible builds with a specific (XP-compatible) version of Qt.
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by pastdue »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:Wait, we can't keep variables undefined for campaign anymore? Anything undefined is morphed into some empty object when loading a save (this I can not observe with a skirmish AI doing the same) which breaks the camDef check for __camTransporterMessage.

[...]

Saveload is still busted on the portables on everything but the pre-away missions.

Could someone compile master on Windows? I'm not seeing this issue when I compile the source on Linux. This must have started recently since this is the first time I have seen this weirdness.
I believe this is due to a behavior change in how Qt handles converting values. This case is explicitly handled in my reduce_qt_dependency_1 branch, which is nearing the point that it'll be ready for merging. (I'll double-check on away missions, to make sure that there isn't another edge case with value serialization to / from JSON.)
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I updated to master ae7b5ce and tested alpha 12 again. When I play alpha 12 straight from the end of alpha 11 until I activate the westWayTrigger reinforcements are coming. With a saveload during alpha 12, no reinforcements are coming.
I needed 20 minutes to eliminate the first base and 15 minutes more to destroy all four factories of the northwestern base. That means I had 45 minutes left on the timer to win this mission with just two factories and the LZ working. This should be enough time even that the factory throttles get decreased.
Attached are the logs of the straight game and the saveload.
Attachments
logs alpha 12 saveload.zip
(2.06 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
logs alpha 12 play through.zip
(3.3 KiB) Downloaded 123 times