Unreal Engine 4 Remake/Remaster

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
JerichoGames
New user

Unreal Engine 4 Remake/Remaster

Post by JerichoGames »

Hello, I am a longtime fan of WZ2100 and an amatuer developer...Meaning i don't have much experience in coding and programming, but hey, i'm willing to try. Here is my question.....

Has anyone tried remastering the game in a more modern engine? If so...Is there a build available, if not, would anyone be interested in helping me get started? I always wondered what the game would look like in an engine such as Unreal 4 or Unity. Any advice?
Prot
Trained
Trained

Re: Unreal Engine 4 Remake/Remaster

Post by Prot »

Main question is: WHY?
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Prot wrote:Main question is: WHY?
bcoz he doesn't understand how hard it is :D
JerichoGames
New user

Post by JerichoGames »

yeah, it may be hard, just want to see if it can be done.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Why couldn't it be done? It's just software. The question is: Who is going to do it?

A complete game is a complex project, but if you break something you can go back to a state that worked.

An incomplete game is a complex project that doesn't work. That makes it not fun to work on, so it'll be hard to find volunteer contributors, and to keep up your own motivation to work in a vacuum and to learn everything you need to make it actually work.
We want information... information... information.
JerichoGames
New user

Post by JerichoGames »

Well it would be interesting. I'm doing all i ca to learn and figured it would be a good way to start.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

JerichoGames wrote:Well it would be interesting. I'm doing all i ca to learn and figured it would be a good way to start.
It is not a good way to start, though. Start small, get results, repeat. Build confidence along with skills each step of the way.