Alpha Mission Mystery on Mission Eleven

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
twohot
New user

Alpha Mission Mystery on Mission Eleven

Post by twohot »

I have observed that one particular Mission defies the norm in the ALPHA campaign. Mission-11 expects the user to hold his base and repel enemy advances for a period of time. I succeeded once by luck ... but frankly, it appears Warzone2100 expects the player to sustain a certain measure of loss in this mission before it will be satisfied.

Otherwise, I fail to understand why nothing happens when I repel enemy advances with minimal losses. The mission simply times out after waiting for 40-45mins without new enemy encroachments. What's the secret or is this a bug?

Running Warzone on Fedora Linux.
Version: 3.2.3-4.fc27
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Alpha Mission Mystery on Mission Eleven

Post by NoQ »

Campaign bugs are being actively fixed in here.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Re: Alpha Mission Mystery on Mission Eleven

Post by Bethrezen »

twohot wrote:I have observed that one particular Mission defies the norm in the ALPHA campaign. Mission-11 expects the user to hold his base and repel enemy advances for a period of time. I succeeded once by luck ... but frankly, it appears Warzone2100 expects the player to sustain a certain measure of loss in this mission before it will be satisfied.

Otherwise, I fail to understand why nothing happens when I repel enemy advances with minimal losses. The mission simply times out after waiting for 40-45mins without new enemy encroachments. What's the secret or is this a bug?

Running Warzone on Fedora Linux.
Version: 3.2.3-4.fc27
First off you should be aware that v3.2.3 is buggy as hell so if you are having issues I'd recommend using master till the next release comes out you can find the latest master here

This has had a lot of fixes applied since the last release was made and a lot of bugs have already been fixed so it's in a much more stable condition and to the best of my knowledge alpha campaign works correctly, some work has also been done on Beta and Gamma Campaigns but I haven't gotten round to testing them extensively yet so I can't vouch for there stability but certainly they should work better then they do in the last release version.

With regards to your specific problem it's difficult to know what mission you are actually talking about because Alpha 11 is the mission where you have to prevent the new paradigm convoy from escaping with the heavy cannon artefact if i recall correctly.

The 2 missions on the alpha campaign where you have to fight off the new paradigm counter attacks are Alpha 07 and Alpha 10.

Anyway if you are talking about Alpha 07

you are required to not only build a base consisting of a minimum of 7 structures, structures built within the specified area on alpha 06 also count towards this tally you will know when you have enough because the flashing green indicator will vanish, you are also required to defeat a set number of transports full of troops 11 I think it is, additional you must kill all these enemies if you don't the mission wont end.

Keep in mind this is if you are playing master not the release version.

If you are talking about alpha 10 then you are simply required to kill all enemies, if you fail to do so then the mission wont end.

Again keep in mind this is if you are playing master not the release version.

if you want to know if you have missed any enemy units you can check using the deity cheat this will reveal the map.

On windows you can activate this by pressing shift + backspace to enter debug mode then hit enter type deity and then hit enter again, not sure how you do the same on Linux but I'd imagine it would be something similar, your best bet is to just google this.

hope this helps