Forums login is busted

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
Grove4life0

Forums login is busted

Post by Grove4life0 »

I came here to ask help because the game crashes on startup ever since I put it to fullscreen but I can't even log in to my account I just created, been wasting 20 minutes trying to login via the broken login page that doesn't recognise either my username or password, the questions you get asked to check if you're not some bot also doesn't work correctly, there are no human errors here.

So now I'm here can I also ask for help regarding the game crashes? I can't do anything because the screen goes bright after a couple seconds into launching the game and then it crashes, I have Windows 10, Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (EVGA).

I have bad experiences with alot of forums because of humans I quess, I hope this community is better, please halp!
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Re: Forums login is busted

Post by Lord_Kane »

Alright, please do remember that its the holiday season so people are generally busy with families etc.
so responses will be slow from official staff.

Now, have you tried general troubleshooting steps? like updating drivers, doing malware/virus scans?
Grove4life0

Post by Grove4life0 »

I tend to forget the time and holidays when I'm online, but of course I understand and respect some people aren't online during Christmas and other holidays, but I decided to post here anyways and I really love it that I can post here without logging in as I don't seem able to do so, I also don't need to login if I get my problem fixed here - so thank you very much for your reply.

Drivers are up to date, PC is totally clean, it happend when I set the game to fullscreen and restarted the game...
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Post by Lord_Kane »

Grove4life0 wrote:I tend to forget the time and holidays when I'm online, but of course I understand and respect some people aren't online during Christmas and other holidays, but I decided to post here anyways and I really love it that I can post here without logging in as I don't seem able to do so, I also don't need to login if I get my problem fixed here - so thank you very much for your reply.

Drivers are up to date, PC is totally clean, it happend when I set the game to fullscreen and restarted the game...
hmm try restarting your machine and if that does not work try deleting the "config" file in documents warzone 2100 2.3 (assuming you used the installer)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

If you're only affected in fullscreen mode, as a workaround you can play in windowed mode while using Alt+T to trap cursor. I definitely prefer this to fullscreen mode myself, even though i have both working, because you can see the panel. You can also set arbitrary game resolution via --resolution=WIDTHxHEIGHT command line switch.

If you've already entered fullscreen mode and cannot go back because of crashes, you can edit or delete your config file (see http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/FileLocations).

In order to understand what's going on and debug the crash, crash dumps are necessary (the same page describes where to find them).
Grove4life0

Post by Grove4life0 »

I've deleted the config file so I can start up the game again and I've set the resolution to 1920x1080 windowed and then to get rid of the Windows bar I just press alt+enter, but I wouldn't have found that out without you guys, so thank you very much!

However, I don't know how to upload the logs or "crashdumps" here...
Grove4life0

Post by Grove4life0 »

Also one more question, can I disable the "console" popping up with game messages everytime I click something?
Grove4life0

Post by Grove4life0 »

Aaaaand one more thing... I froze the timer because I hate timers in games that don't need them, but when I completed the first mission nothing happend, I destroyed all enemy bases and researched all artifacts, and the mission doesn't end. Now I used to fix this when I played a while back by entering a cheat with debug enables but that doesn't seem to work now, entering the cheat to finish the mission doesn't do anythign because pressing T doesn't do anything and pressing enter only brings up the chat, pressing CTRL+B gives me a warning that it may cause problems later and also does absolutely nothing...
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Grove4life0 wrote:Aaaaand one more thing... I froze the timer because I hate timers in games that don't need them, but when I completed the first mission nothing happend, I destroyed all enemy bases and researched all artifacts, and the mission doesn't end. Now I used to fix this when I played a while back by entering a cheat with debug enables but that doesn't seem to work now, entering the cheat to finish the mission doesn't do anythign because pressing T doesn't do anything and pressing enter only brings up the chat, pressing CTRL+B gives me a warning that it may cause problems later and also does absolutely nothing...
This is the wrong place for such a problem. Please open a new topic here viewforum.php?f=4 and add saved games and the log files. And afaik the "let me win" cheat is disabled in the first mission two missions.
Last edited by alfred007 on 26 Dec 2017, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Did you get the confirmation e-mail to activate your account?
Grove4life0 wrote: However, I don't know how to upload the logs or "crashdumps" here...
You can put them in a compressed folder (.zip) and below the submit button is something called "Upload attachments". From there you can choose whatever files you want to upload.

Campaign is buggy in the current 3.2 releases (cheats can cause problems also). If you want to play campaign either use the development builds in http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/ (master) or wait until the next release comes out which should be soon. You could try older versions of Warzone for campaign, though you will find problems in campaign anyway.
Grove4life0

Post by Grove4life0 »

Ok very helpful people and love it, but I'm just gonna wait until the next update which hopefully fixes the campaign and the fact that my game started crashing again.
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Post by Lord_Kane »

Personally I use 2.3.9 to play campagin, 3.1.5 has a bug where any unit you design gets lost after save game load.
Grove4life0

Post by Grove4life0 »

^ I just tried 2.3.9, and it looks so different, not sure wether I like it or not, and also it doesn't start up my savegames from the newest version...
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Post by Lord_Kane »

Grove4life0 wrote:^ I just tried 2.3.9, and it looks so different, not sure wether I like it or not, and also it doesn't start up my savegames from the newest version...
Well considering 2.3.9 is an older version, yeah of course it wont.