Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Bethrezen wrote: Oops !!! seems who ever converted this map missed that one.
My post in that topic references this map. Almost none of the campaign maps have been ever modified except for Alpha 12 (removes the sensor on what is now water) and two Beta maps with alfred007's suggestions a few pages back.

Latest master is d31f6a2c704ada8f46957a34279af78deafdeec7. Not campaign related though.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Alpha 12 (removes the sensor on what is now water)
By looking at the 2.3 map, it does look like there are definitely two tiles of land here.
Maybe tile types were messed up in this case?
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Beta 01

Ok so I have been testing out Beta 01 on v1.10 on hard and it seems that Beta 01 on master has a number of things wrong.

First my suspicions about the timer for the collectives drop ship reinforcements is correct, on v1.10 the I hear the alert about incoming enemy reinforcements at 56:45, and the timer for the level is 60 minutes so that makes the first drop ship arrival at about 4 minutes 30 seconds, and the drop ships then continue on the same interval appearing roughly every 4 minutes 30 seconds until you close the drop zone.

Second about the VTOLs on v1.10 there are 5 leopard VTOLs, equipped with the cluster bomb bay, and they only seem to target the command centre, unless they actually succeed in destroying it, also there seems to be 2 ways to deal with there VTOLs the first is to shoot them down because there are only a limited number and they don’t rebuild them, the second is to knock out there command centre, which stops them from summoning there VTOLs to attack you, the interval of the VTOL attacks seems to be around 2 minutes to 2 minutes 30 seconds, I'm not sure what the exact interval is I'd need to look more closely but it should be around that, also there are no lancer VTOLs on Beta 01 so this is also incorrect.

Third I noted down all the research that is available to you on Beta 01 on v1.10 here it is, I don't believe I have missed anything but I'll need to double check to make sure.

AA HE Flak
AA HE Flak mk2
AA HE Flak mk3
AA Ammo Hopper
AA Ammo Hopper mk2
Rapid Fire Chaingun
Tungsten Tipped MG Bullets
Tungsten Tipped MG Bullets mk2
Tungsten Tipped MG Bullets mk3
Sensor upgrade
CB Tower
CB Turret
Cannon Laser Designator
APFSDS Cannon Rounds
APFSDS Cannon Rounds mk2
Cannon Autoloader
HEAP Mini Rockets
HEAP Mini Rockets mk2
HEAP Mini Rockets mk3
Improved Engineering
Supercrete
Supercrete mk2
Supercrete mk3
Hardened base structure materials
Hardened base structure materials mk2
Hardened base structure materials mk3

As you can see there are no upgrades for the lancers so that is another thing that is incorrect on Beta 01 on master.

I know that for sure that the Rocket Autoloader upgrade comes from first base on Beta 03, because I just checked it, as for the Lancer HESH Rockets and the Lancer Laser Designator upgrades, I'm not sure where you get those on v1.10 or if you are even supposed to get those at all they may well of been added from skirmish mode, I'd need to play further on to know for sure.

So yeah look like Beta 01 needs a couple of corrections.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Bethrezen wrote: First my suspicions about the timer for the collectives drop ship reinforcements is correct, on v1.10 the I hear the alert about incoming enemy reinforcements at 56:45, and the timer for the level is 60 minutes so that makes the first drop ship arrival at about 4 minutes 30 seconds, and the drop ships then continue on the same interval appearing roughly every 4 minutes 30 seconds until you close the drop zone.
Fixed. Appears at 4 minutes and requeues itself every 4 minutes after that for Normal difficulty.
Bethrezen wrote: Second about the VTOLs on v1.10 there are 5 leopard VTOLs, equipped with the cluster bomb bay, and they only seem to target the command centre, unless they actually succeed in destroying it, also there seems to be 2 ways to deal with there VTOLs the first is to shoot them down because there are only a limited number and they don’t rebuild them, the second is to knock out there command centre, which stops them from summoning there VTOLs to attack you, the interval of the VTOL attacks seems to be around 2 minutes to 2 minutes 30 seconds, I'm not sure what the exact interval is I'd need to look more closely but it should be around that, also there are no lancer VTOLs on Beta 01 so this is also incorrect.
Fixed. The first VTOL wave comes at 3 minutes and repeats every 3 minutes after on Normal difficulty. No lancers.

The VTOL targeting focused exclusively on base structures above all else (CC, factory, power gen). As you can imagine, that was quite silly (often leading to them being pure AA fodder) and makes more sense for them to attack the thing closest to them.
Bethrezen wrote: As you can see there are no upgrades for the lancers so that is another thing that is incorrect on Beta 01 on master.

I know that for sure that the Rocket Autoloader upgrade comes from first base on Beta 03, because I just checked it, as for the Lancer HESH Rockets and the Lancer Laser Designator upgrades, I'm not sure where you get those on v1.10 or if you are even supposed to get those at all they may well of been added from skirmish mode, I'd need to play further on to know for sure.
Messed up the research order did I? I'll let you test further before making research changes.

Buildbot is down so a mod will have to suffice for now.
campaignBeta.wz
Edit:
Right now the HESH rocket upgrades depends on having bunker buster, HEAP mini rockets mk1, and the rocket autoloader. From there the rest of HESH and rocket autoloader upgrades are linked together. We could delay the HESH upgrades until Tank Killer is research.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

ok so tested out the mod changes seems fine it's still tricky but at least you have a fighting change on insane now.

I did notice 2 other things though the first is that stuff is still being incorrectly repaired if you save on beta 1 and then reload, however this is not specific to beta 1 it happens on all the other levels to so far as i can tell it's just more noticeable on beta 01 since everything starts damaged.

The second thing I noticed is that you are not getting the message about your transport being attacked, now I'm not sure if its just that the message is simply not being played, or if it's because the transport is not being disabled correctly after you have brought in 40 units I'll have to test further to see if I'm able to bring in more than 40 units.

[edit]
Ok so did a quick test and you do get the message about the transport coming under attack, and the transport is disabled, if you try to bring in a fifth load of units, however you don't get the message if you only bring in 4 load of units, this however is not correct, on v1.10 you will get the message about the transport coming under attack, if you try to summon a fifth load of troops or after about 60 to 90 seconds after the drop ship leaves for the fourth time if you didn't summon a fifth load of troops.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Bethrezen wrote: Ok so did a quick test and you do get the message about the transport coming under attack, and the transport is disabled, if you try to bring in a fifth load of units, however you don't get the message if you only bring in 4 load of units, this however is not correct, on v1.10 you will get the message about the transport coming under attack, if you try to summon a fifth load of troops or after about 60 to 90 seconds after the drop ship leaves for the fourth time if you didn't summon a fifth load of troops.
How about now? Seems to work correctly for me.
campaignBeta.wz
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I still have huge problems with beta end. I reactivated an old save from the beginning of beta 9, made the changes in complist.json so that I could use it with the changes of hironaru. Then I played until the end of beta 9 and saved the game. I quit the game, started it new and reloaded this save from the end of beta 9. Then I played till gamma 1 in one run and didn't get the units I loaded into the transporter, but random units like you get when you start a new gamma campaign. Then I reloaded a save from the end of beta 10 I made during this run and played again till gamma 1. Same result. No chance to get my units to gamma 1. And during these games, camChangeOnDiff didn't work. The tank group in the north came every 3 minutes and the cyborg group in the south came every 4 minutes despite I played with insane difficulty. And at gamma 1 I the timer showed 2 hours, what is also not correct. I reloaded this game once and the timer shows still 2 hours.
The only good news is, that my units I produced during beta 10 were at their delivery points of the factories, even after I reloaded the saved game. I have no idea what I can do to get my units to gamma 1 except replaying the whole beta campaign. And I don't know if my old saves are still working after all these changes that were made since them. I will now move forward with gamma by starting a new gamma campaign leaving my units behind.

In the attached zip-file are the logs of these two tries I made and a save from gamma 1 with 2 hours on the timer.
I still have the saves from the end of beta 9 and 10 and also saves from beta end, every time short before a transport starts. If you're interested I can upload them.
Attachments
beta end.zip
(617.15 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

alfred007 wrote: And during these games, camChangeOnDiff didn't work. The tank group in the north came every 3 minutes and the cyborg group in the south came every 4 minutes despite I played with insane difficulty. And at gamma 1 I the timer showed 2 hours, what is also not correct. I reloaded this game once and the timer shows still 2 hours.
Did you use biffer baker cheat while testing? It changes the difficulty to something else and the default of camChangeOnDiff is to fall back onto Normal settings. I'll try to see what is up with that transporter.

Edit: You still have any Beta 11 saves?

Edit 2:
I clicked on the transport button and it does show some of your droids...
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:
alfred007 wrote: And during these games, camChangeOnDiff didn't work. The tank group in the north came every 3 minutes and the cyborg group in the south came every 4 minutes despite I played with insane difficulty. And at gamma 1 I the timer showed 2 hours, what is also not correct. I reloaded this game once and the timer shows still 2 hours.
Did you use biffer baker cheat while testing? It changes the difficulty to something else and the default of camChangeOnDiff is to fall back onto Normal settings. I'll try to see what is up with that transporter.

Edit: You still have any Beta 11 saves?
Yes, I used the biffer baker cheat. Due to the changes in the AI behaviour, my usual preparations are no longer good enough to survive beta end without this cheat.
I add all saves I have from beta 11. The saves with the name part "beta end" are from my first run from the end of beta 9 and the saves with the name part "beta 11" are from the game from the end of beta 10.

Edit: I just saw your second edit and did also click on the transport button. The units are the units of my first three transports, the units of transport 4 are lost. I never did that before, every time the first transport didn't bring my units I quit the game.
Attachments
beta end saved games.zip
(728.35 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Last edited by alfred007 on 16 Dec 2017, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Thanks. This should be good.

Oddly, I loaded up one of your saves (one of the transport 4 saves) right now and I got your units:
droids.JPG
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Yes, that are my units, but not the units of my first transport but random mixed. I will replay a game from the time before transport 1. Maybe now it works.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Do you remember if this happened in previous versions of Warzone? I think there is a ticket that references the order of transport loads getting mixed up.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:Do you remember if this happened in previous versions of Warzone? I think there is a ticket that references the order of transport loads getting mixed up.
Yes, this is a bug in 3.1.5 and in 3.2.3. And I also think there is already a ticket. I will look at it.

Edit: It's #3009
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Pushed the cam2-a updates and stopped the mission end backdrop from displaying on a mission fail. 5ab7002e7064c4df5e28b472857cb47275d91db2.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I replayed both "transport 1" and both "transport 4" games and never got my units with the first transport. Once I used the let me win cheat after the first transport and then my units of the first transport landed in gamma 1. Weird.