Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Re: Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Post by Bethrezen »

Per wrote:I just fixed one crash in 5b73dc0a6b59b47de59467d1d43329903384f2bf. Is it still buggy for you?
The crash seems to be resolved.
Berserk Cyborg wrote:Pushed 9efc45a48b6ef906d628d80a2a57cae998d6f1e1 and 6b7b1b68cd26fd0f59821a8e34ddf6a538be7557.

Just a few minor fixes from Bethrezen's outstanding issues list.

Edit:
Pushed 8c9e7260333d6388438a091aad493bd2e11a965e. Probably won't work on saves already affected by this. Could someone test if it stops those mapTile asserts when loading a save?
Ok so moving the clock seems to have caused another issue with one game element covering up another as you can see in this screen shot

so it might be an idea to leave the clock and the launch icon where they where and simply move the console area below them instead. Another possible option is to just make the console area a little narrower so that its fits between the clock and the launch icon.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I updated to master b5f8a07 and reloaded two saves from beta 10. No problems with crashes but new issues. As you can see on the two pictures below I have at my home base no access to the design menu although I still have my command center. And at the away part I have no access to my factories, research facilities and also to the design menu. The mapTile asserts are still a problem as you can see at the added log file.
wz2100-20171203_203217-SUB_2_8.jpg
wz2100-20171203_203332-SUB_2_8S.jpg
Edit: After I recycled my command center and build it new I had again access to the design menu.
Attachments
logs.zip
(474.27 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Fixed showing reticule buttons on offworld missions in 73036ec247d1f557234e4d27912c3682917df59d.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

on alpha 2 when i destroyed the scav factory i got the following error.

Code: Select all

--- Starting log [C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Desktop\Warzone 2100_portable-master\Warzone 2100 master\logs\WZlog-1203_220112.txt]---
error   |10:06:43: [recvStructureInfo:349] Could not find structure 97 to change production for
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

so just updated to the latest master
warzone2100-master-20171203-225032-73036ec (03-Dec-2017)

It seems the fix for the rank insignia is not working correctly because now the rank insignia doesn't display at all now as you can see in these screen shots.

Image Image

However rank insignia does display correctly when you are on an away map as you can see in these screen shots.

Image Image

now I'm not sure if the rank insignia has never displayed when you are on the home map or if this is a bug resulting from the change but regardless it should probably display the rank insignia when you are on the home map as well.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Bethrezen wrote: now I'm not sure if the rank insignia has never displayed when you are on the home map or if this is a bug resulting from the change but regardless it should probably display the rank insignia when you are on the home map as well.
It was told to only show the rank in offworld missions for whatever reason. Likely been that way for a while. Anyway, see this 4cfa002cecd071406a18dbf7046b9ebfd1466f83.
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Post by Lord_Kane »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:
Bethrezen wrote: now I'm not sure if the rank insignia has never displayed when you are on the home map or if this is a bug resulting from the change but regardless it should probably display the rank insignia when you are on the home map as well.
It was told to only show the rank in offworld missions for whatever reason. Likely been that way for a while. Anyway, see this 4cfa002cecd071406a18dbf7046b9ebfd1466f83.
I think we can make changes once and a while :)
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

ok so i updated the Outstanding general issues thread to reflect the latest fixes.

I update number 3, removed number 4 as that has now been fixed, and i updated number 20 as the background image displaying on the level complete screen has been fixed.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

I may have just fixed #3907. See fc172d8338f16ca4ef79747c04625e5e2fb2751d. I would also point out that it will also allow these droids to be brought in through the transporter menu when offworld. Previously, not only did they get moved to the corner, they also would be inaccessible from the reinforcement list until the mission was completed.

Edit: For those of you testing Beta/Gamma, can anyone confirm if #4556 / #4680 happens anymore?
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Ok so updated to the latest master
warzone2100-master-20171208-233039-fc172d8 (08-Dec-2017)

Did a really quick cursory test loaded up my alpha 04 end of level save built 5 flamers saved it I then reloaded that save and then ended the level and when I arrive back at the home map those flamers where at there rally point as expected, so that part of the fix seems ok.

I then loaded up my test save again added the flamers to the reinforcement queue and then removed them again, and then ended the level, and this time the flamers where not at there rally point as expected instead they where situated around the players command centre, which is incorrect behaviour, really they should be placed back at where ever coordinates they where at originally, so its looks like the fix is at the very least partly successful, but it seems there is still another area of the code that governs the placement of units when adding and removing from the reinforcements list that needs fixing as well.

[edit]

Oh also while I remember I noticed another minor glitch, when you produce units on an away map, and then fly those units in those units will be set at do or die, even when units coming out of that factory should come out set to retreat at medium damage, so this is something else that will need looking at.

I'll need to add that one to the list, but I'll do that later though because I'm busy with beta 01 just now, i wanna see how well the current build matches with v1.10, but need to finish alpha 12 on v1.10 first.

One thing I can say about beta 01 on master however is that the timer for the collectives drop ship reinforcements seems to be way to short, although I'll have to play beta 01 on v1.10 to know exactly what that timer should be.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

It looks like my old saves are broken because I never get my units in gamma one but always random units. Even when I play from the end of beta 10 to the beginning of gamma 1 without saving. Maybe I have to start again from the beginning of beta 9 due to the savegames breaking changes of Hironaru.

@Bethrezen A tip for beta 1: If you place two trucks and the repair unit at the SE corner of your base (or build a repair facility) you can stop the collective reinforcements long enough to handle the troops in the north first and then the collective reinforcements in the SE. This gives you enough time to survive until your first reinforcements arrive.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Bethrezen wrote: I then loaded up my test save again added the flamers to the reinforcement queue and then removed them again, and then ended the level, and this time the flamers where not at there rally point as expected instead they where situated around the players command centre, which is incorrect behaviour, really they should be placed back at where ever coordinates they where at originally, so its looks like the fix is at the very least partly successful, but it seems there is still another area of the code that governs the placement of units when adding and removing from the reinforcements list that needs fixing as well.
Doesn't it do that in v1.10 (certainly looks like it because the reinforcement menu changes the coordinates even all the way back to the first commit)? There are only two choices to put them: Factory assembly and then HQ.
alfred007 wrote: It looks like my old saves are broken because I never get my units in gamma one but always random units. Even when I play from the end of beta 10 to the beginning of gamma 1 without saving. Maybe I have to start again from the beginning of beta 9 due to the savegames breaking changes of Hironaru.
Not sure what causes that. In any case keep some saves on that mission.

I always try to take down that LZ on Beta 1 as my first objective. Every time I played that mission on Insane most of Beta base gets destroyed by the time any reinforcement arrive.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:I always try to take down that LZ on Beta 1 as my first objective. Every time I played that mission on Insane most of Beta base gets destroyed by the time any reinforcement arrive.
Because of my personal goal to have as much hero units at the final level as possible, I try to let those LZ alive. And at beta 1 I use those trucks to hold these reinforcements back and destroy with my first squad the mortars in the NW corner and the reinforcements from the north. Then I move south to destroy the first transport reinforcements. And with my second squad, I have two groups to fight the reinforcements in the north and in the south at the same time.
And that's the way I always play: looking for a way to destroy as much enemy units as possible to gain as much experience as possible. Due to that, I also don't use a hero commander but use a commander until he has an experience of 256 then recycle him and use a unit with less experience as commander. Until all my units are special and then make them one after the other to hero units. At my last turn with 3.2.3, I had 32 hero units at gamma 9. That makes it more interesting for me, instead of "only" winning the game.
Berserk Cyborg wrote:
alfred007 wrote: It looks like my old saves are broken because I never get my units in gamma one but always random units. Even when I play from the end of beta 10 to the beginning of gamma 1 without saving. Maybe I have to start again from the beginning of beta 9 due to the savegames breaking changes of Hironaru.
Not sure what causes that. In any case keep some saves on that mission.
If you're interested I have saves from the end of beta 10 with these problems and four saves of beta end, one short before every transport. And when I start again from the beginning of beta 9 I will keep a lot of saves.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Doesn't it do that in v1.10 (certainly looks like it because the reinforcement menu changes the coordinates even all the way back to the first commit)? There are only two choices to put them: Factory assembly and then HQ.
Not sure I'd need to double check that, having said that it's not as big an issue as it was for units getting moved to inaccessible areas in the corner of the map, the reason I bring it up is that on occasions when selecting units to fly in there are circumstances where the wrong unit might get put in to the reinforcement cue and of course when that unit gets removed from the reinforcements list it will get moved from where ever it was on the map to where ever your command centre is.

Now this might not sound like a big problem but let me explain why it can be, take alpha 10 for example usually at the start of alpha 09 I'll set the rally point for the factories to the north and south entry points for the enemy units on alpha 10, then at the end of alpha 09 I'll recycle my units and then rebuild them as tracked lancers and that way as soon as I start alpha 10 my units are already in position awaiting the enemies arrival.

Now supposed because of this glitch one of those squads end up getting incorrectly moved to your command centre, now that has just gone and totally screwed up your whole strategy for that level, and then you have to back track to the previous level and start again or to a lesser extent if only part of a squad gets moved that can leave you without sufficient numbers to stop there attack, which can result in losing experienced units, nether of which are desirable out comes.

Therefore I would argue that when removing units from the reinforcements list the units should be placed back at there original coordinates and not at your command centre, now admittedly getting placed at your command centre is better then getting placed in the corner of the map but its still not the expected behaviour, and can therefore be considered a bug, and even if this was always like this even as far back as v1.10 I would still fix it if possible.
I always try to take down that LZ on Beta 1 as my first objective. Every time I played that mission on Insane most of Beta base gets destroyed by the time any reinforcement arrive.
Yeah same here, the reason I mentioned about the drop ship timer is because I was looking at the walk through for Beta 01 https://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php ... =45#p30432 and in previous versions the first drop ship didn’t arrive for 7 minutes and 30 seconds and then they where every 7 minutes and 30 seconds after that, now I'm not sure if that is how it was on v1.10 because I have only just managed to beat alpha 12 on v1.10 on hard just now so I haven't had the chance to check that yet, having said that I'm pretty sure that the first enemy drop ship should not be arriving within 30 seconds of you landing as that makes Beta 01 way to hard on insane because a single drop ship full of troops can't possibly fend off an attack from 2 directions, and 30 seconds isn’t anywhere near enough time to build a few cyborgs and get beta commanders damage units repaired and combat ready and out the back of the base to help fend off the drop ship units.

Defending from 2 directions with 1 drop ship full of troops might be possible on easier difficulties but its not on insane due to how much stronger and tougher the collective units are on insane, therefore the player needs a little help because the odds are stacked to far in the collectives favour, it's not so bad if you can survive the first 10 minutes because by then most of your units will have arrived from alpha base and you will have a big enough force that you can stabilise the situation and get things under control, the issue is actual getting to that point and at the moment doing so is proving to be a real struggle, consequently I normally end up loosing because I simply don’t have enough units, and what units I do have can't kill there's fast enough, the result of which is fairly predictable I get overwhelmed by sheer weight of numbers and get crushed, and this is even with the game speed set to 0.25 so I have more time to react to things.

In any event now I've completed Alpha 12 on v1.10 on hard I'll be able to move on to Beta campaign now, so I'll check that out tomorrow.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

ok so i was was just reading Missing campaign map islands

and it reminded me of a minor glitch I'd noticed on alpha 12 there seems to be a small island with a sensor tower missing on master.

here is the island on v1.10

here is the same area on master

as you can see the island and the sensor tower is missing.

Oops !!! seems who ever converted this map missed that one.