Enemy transport weirdness in Gamma 3

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
kringled
Trained
Trained

Enemy transport weirdness in Gamma 3

Post by kringled »

Playing 2.3.8 (Just noticed that 2.3.9 was out, but it's probably not relevant). I have had a few iterations of this level where an enemy transport comes into the northeastern Nexus mini-base, may or may not drop off its units, but then just sits there at ground level. Unfortunately, when this happens, I don't seem to be able to make the mission complete and go to the next one. The transport seems essentially indestructible (well, after 20 minutes of game time of 8 assault gun units, 8 TK units, and probably some 20-30 heavy artillery units/emplacements (ripple rockets, ground shakers, and hellstorms I couldn't tell if I'd made a dent in it) and I'm not sure if the mission won't complete because of the unresolved enemy unit, or if there's something else going on.

Keith
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Enemy transport weirdness in Gamma 3

Post by vexed »

Transports can't be killed in single player games, ever.
As to what is going on in this mission, sounds like something screwed up. Best bet is to use 2.3.9 with a savegame from 2.3.8 *before* the level in question, and try again.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
kringled
Trained
Trained

Post by kringled »

Actually, I just played that same savegame in 2.3.9, and although the transport stayed in place for a little while, eventually it disgorged its load of cyborgs and flew off, and I was able to complete that level. I'd played that same level earlier in 2.3.8 and the transport didn't get stuck that time so I'm not quite sure what triggers it.
Thanks for the advice.

Keith
techfan
New user

Post by techfan »

Same problem, I think, with version 3.2.3. See attached image. I hit it with a ridiculous amount of firepower for 40+ minutes until the timer expired. The transport just sat there and laughed at my efforts :), preventing me from completing the mission. I've saved and restarted the game a few times...happens every time without fail. Any ideas how to get past this point? New to the game and was enjoying learning it, but stuck here.
Attachments
Indestructible transport - end game
Indestructible transport - end game
GoCart
New user

Post by GoCart »

This same thing happened to me in Gamma 3 in version 3.2.3 with the enemy transport stuck in the very north west corner of the map. Any thoughts on how to "unstick" it?
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Unfortunately I don't think you can your best bet would be to activate debug mode (shift backspace) then press enter type let me win then hit enter again this will let you by pass the level, for now until it gets fixed.

Currently I along with a couple of other people are working on the campaign and trying to get it into stable and playable state you can follow are progress here.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12714

we haven't yet gotten to dealing with Gamma Campaign but give it time we'll get there :) and hopefully by the time we are done the vast majority of the issues like this should be resolved.
StormWing0
Greenhorn

Post by StormWing0 »

Ya the debug command "let me win" was my only way around this thing when it bugged. Can't tell what's wrong with it either. I had the whole dang map open up on the thing and it took it. The HP part I'm guessing might be a case of == used where <= should be but everything else I got no idea.

Edit; using game version 3.2.3
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

StormWing0 wrote:Ya the debug command "let me win" was my only way around this thing when it bugged. Can't tell what's wrong with it either. I had the whole dang map open up on the thing and it took it. The HP part I'm guessing might be a case of == used where <= should be but everything else I got no idea.

Edit; using game version 3.2.3
With the current master version, this bug is fixed. Unfortunately due to the several changes that are done in the current master version you can't use with version 3.2.3 saved games with the current master. So if you want to play with 3.2.3 you have to use the "let me win" cheat because the hardcoded transporters are indestructible. Or you start a new game with the current master version.