Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Re: Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Post by Bethrezen »

Ok so updated to the latest master
warzone2100-master-20170911-070427-7515753.exe (11-Sep-2017)

Started a new campaign and played though Alpha and I'm once again back at Alpha 12 so I decided to test the fix for the cyborg factory, however I'm running into an odd glitch where it will only let me research machine gun cyborgs.

The circumstance to trigger this glitch seem to be quiet specific because if I build the cyborg factory and then research the cyborg tech before taking off for alpha 12 then everything works as expected and I'm able to research all the cyborg tech.

However if I build the cyborg factory set machine gun cyborgs to research and then take off for alpha 12 when the machine gun cyborgs research completes I'm not given the rest of the cyborg research as I'm supposed to.

I've attached the save
Attachments
Alpha 12 cyborg factory glitch.7z
(77.83 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

A few research items require the presence of certain structures to be built on the current map. One of those research paths are Alpha cyborg research (alloys/weapons) and another is the command turret. Don't know why this is specified behavior.

Also I notice that there is something really weird with visibility in Beta, especially in Beta 5. It appears that the player is being given shared visibility data with allies which extends to enemy vision as well. It does not happen in Gamma when alliances are formed between the player and another.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

A few research items require the presence of certain structures to be built on the current map. One of those research paths are Alpha cyborg research (alloys/weapons) and another is the command turret. Don't know why this is specified behaviour.
I see ?!?! I have to say that’s some weird design that should probably get fixed because that is not at all the expected behaviour, if you've built the cyborg factory then you should be able to do the research regardless of whither you are on the home map or not.

With regards to the command turret, I really don't see the point of the Command Relay Centre now maybe pumpkin had intended some other purpose for that building originally but as it is now it has no purpose beyond unlocking the command turret research and once you've researched command turrets you can delete the building because its of no further use, and to the best of my knowledge doing so wont have any negative impact because once the research is done you are able to build command turrets regardless of whither you have build the Command Relay Centre or not and so far as I'm aware not having the Command Relay Centre built shouldn't affect there functionality of command turrets either.

So given that you might as well just let the player research command turrets directly as soon as they pick up the artefact, and simply remove the Command Relay Centre altogether because it's entirely redundant and is simply an annoyance to players, now i realise that removing the Command Relay Centre would foul up Alpha 5 but that should be a fairly simple fix just move the command turret artefact to the research centre.

Or even better how about simply having the enemy commander on Alpha 05 drop the command turret artefact instead, which in the grand scheme of things would actually make more sense then the way it is now anyway, i mean why pumpkin didn't do it that way to begin with is beyond me.

Then it would simply be a case of going through each level and removing any trace of the Command Relay Centre to prevent crashes save game issues and the like, and if you don't want to mess with the levels like that no problem simply remove it for the player only.

Although now while you are converting the campaign to JavaScript would be the perfect time to make such a change since you are already adjusting every level anyway.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Going to remove the requirement to have a cyborg factory built to research cyborg tech in Alpha. I will, however, not modify the command relay requirement for command turret.

So far I have prevented alliances from sharing vision in campaign. It see it does happen in 3.2.3 but it is really unstable and uncommon unlike now. :?

Thoughts on the amount of bonus oil the player gets after completing a mission as in ticket #4634?

Does anyone remember if the Collective had larger vision range compared to now? I do know that Nexus uses the "NavGunSensor" which is double the range what any one unit the player has can see. So I will need to enable that component for Nexus and see if I can add a way to specify a specific sensor to be built with a unit.

EDIT:
Bethrezen, what if I told you that Python is not researchable in Alpha 8 because of the same reason for Alpha cyborg research? Simply put, we can research Python in Alpha 8 now. So maybe remove the extra time added for Alpha 9 in insane difficulty now?
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Thoughts on the amount of bonus oil the player gets after completing a mission as in ticket #4634?
As I understand it that shouldn’t actually be possible, because the bonus oil is supposed to be directly proportional to the amount of time you have left on the clock when you complete the mission multiplied by the number of oil derricks you currently own so as long as the total mission duration is set to a reasonable limit then it shouldn’t be possible to get to much bonus oil, and if it is possible then that suggests 1 of 2 possibilities, first the formula for calculating the bonus oil is wrong or some of the timers are to long.

Now I don’t know how bonus oil is currently calculated but here is how I would go about it

Code: Select all

Duration = total mission time
Elapsed = time taken to complete the mission
Derricks = the number of oil derricks the player owns.
Rate per derrick = how much oil each individual derrick produces per second.

Time remaining = Duration - Elapsed

Oil per second = Derricks x Rate per derrick

Bonus oil = time remaining x Oil per second.
Doing things this way it's basically impossible to get to much bonus oil unless the timer for the mission is simply to long, in which case the answer is simple shorten the timer on the mission that is giving to much bonus oil.

I supposed though it depends on how you look at this issue from what i can gather from the ticket he/she appears to be looking at the bonus oil collectivity over a number of missions as opposed to the amount of bonus oil you get per mission, and when you look at it that way then yes the dynamics change a bit, the problem with looking at it from that perspective is that over a long enough time scale any amount of bonus oil is going to result in you having to much resources.

I mean if you look at the bonus oil collectively over the first 12 missions, and you make the assumption that each mission gives around 1000 bonus oil then over those 12 missions you are going to receive 12,000 bonus oil and that's not including the constant tick from 6 oil derricks which generates maybe 1 or 2 oil per second on insane, now 12,000 bonus oil collectivity sounds like a lot but when that's spread over 12 missions its not really.

This issue also depends a lot on how you actually play the game, if you play conservatively and you spend what power you have sparingly then of course you are going to end up with a full resource bar after about the first 4 or 5 missions why well because you aren't spending your resources, and the reality is that the same would be true even if you weren't getting any bonus oil at all due to the way the resource system in Warzone work, ultimately that has nothing to do with gaining to much bonus oil and everything to do with how you are actuality playing the game and how the resource system in Warzone actually works, and unfortunately in my opinion there isn't really anything you can do about it unless you change the resource system.
Bethrezen, what if I told you that Python is not researchable in Alpha 8 because of the same reason for Alpha cyborg research? Simply put, we can research Python in Alpha 8 now. So maybe remove the extra time added for Alpha 9 in insane difficulty now?
I see interesting, well if that's the case then in theory you shouldn't need the extra time on alpha 09 if you've already upgraded your units on the previous level, however this would need testing because upgrading while on an away mission is slower due to the fact that you have to wait for your drop ship to arrive before you can recycle and rebuild your units unless that is you recycle them before taking off, so for that reason I'm not sure you would be able to remove the extra time completely but you would certainly be able to reduce it, by how much I'm not sure that would depend on how long it takes to complete the upgrade process on alpha 08.

if you can fully complete the upgrade precess on alpha 8 then it should be possible to remove it completely as all you would have to do then is get your landing party together and take off for alpha 09, assuming that you set your rally points accordingly so that you don't have to expend time moving your garrison units into position in preparation for alpha 10.

Something else you would need to consider however is can other players actually complete alpha 08 within 20 to 30 minutes? which would leave you about 10 to 20 minutes to actually recycle and upgrade your units, now while i can other players may not be able to, I guess though the only way to answer that one would be to get some feed back from less experienced players.
Last edited by Bethrezen on 14 Sep 2017, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Master d4d0688 will make it so that Alpha cyborg tech no longer depends on a cyborg factory being built and automatically unlocks composite alloy mk2/Python in Alpha 8. I applied a quick hack into sequence.cpp to play video sequences that are not synced with either audio or video--like cam2diif.ogg--on the first try (also the video that plays when a mission is failed shows up again). Shared alliance vision no longer happens in campaign as of now.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

@Berserk Cyborg

Did you ever figure out the vanishing units bug or are you still investigating that one ?
-Philosopher-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Philosopher- »

<deleted>

Duplicate, but better, version of the same post below.

Apologies all. Not a good start...

Can I delete my own posts if I need to (e.g. made one in error)?
Last edited by -Philosopher- on 15 Sep 2017, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Bethrezen wrote: Did you ever figure out the vanishing units bug or are you still investigating that one ?
Not yet. They should reappear next to their factory or the HQ with mission.cpp's missionResetDroids(). It could suggest that the droids in save file mdroid.json are not loaded into the correct list when loading a save. May be something else though.
-Philosopher-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Philosopher- »

Hi All. Thought I'd join in the testing effort as per the conversation here: #4635.

Under the assumption this exercise is primarily about making the campaign work as originally intended, I'm going to try to stay away from balance/design issues and focus primarily on bugs.

That said, I'm playing on normal (default) difficulty as that's what I assume balance would have originally been designed around and I suspect that's where most folk new to the game would start (I'm trying to look at it as if I was one rather than someone already familiar with the levels and their quirks). It also means I can get through the levels quickly :)

I never played the pumpkin/eidos original (has anyone else here?), but I have played the versions of this effort since 2.x.x (I forget exactly). I'm also referring back to this walkthrough for clues as to how the campaign worked previously: https://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?t=3051

I was trying to rush/complete the levels up to the beta stages everyone else is at but hit some issues. Nothing serious until Alpha 06 (which didn't finish when it should have), but here's the whole report card so far:

Testing on Master 7515753 (11 Sep 2017)

Alpha 01

* Timer limited to 60 mins. Previous versions had no time limit on this stage. Is the change intended? I don't have any issue with this - 60mins is plenty - but just wanted to check this wasn't an unintentional change.

Alpha 02

Nothing to report. All good :)

Alpha 03

* 15 Min Timer total? The 15 min timer used to only kick in once a power station was upgraded (and there was no timer prior to upgrading). Is this an intentional change? What was the rationale? I think this is too short now. I was fine with it, but I'm familiar with the stage and was prepped to go. I imagined the first few stages were to ease folk into the campaign and I think the 15min clock kicking in from the beginning is a bit aggressive. Could it be put back to how it was?
* Some issues reported in the log. Invisible in the game, but away missions involving the transporter seem to throw these consistently.

info    |07:30:44: [triggerEventSeen:1287] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |07:30:44: [triggerEventSeen:1287] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1287 (scriptsReady), last script event: 'N/A'
Alpha 04

* Another away mission so (invisible) issues in the log again - see above.
* No other issues, but should stages that state "Return to LZ" to end also finish if all enemy structures are destroyed? Was it always thus, or just since 3.2.x? How was it in the original game? In versions of this effort prior to 3.2.x some did and some didn't. Now all stages finish if all enemy structures are destroyed - including some that didn't used to. Not a bit deal, but it did throw me a few times.

Alpha 05

* Slightly more than the usual away mission entries in the log (no perceptible issues in the game however):

info    |09:13:38: [actionDroidBase:1876] Droid dead
info    |09:13:38: [actionDroidBase:1876] Assert in Warzone: action.cpp:1876 (psAction->psObj == nullptr || !psAction->psObj->died), last script event: 'N/A'
info    |09:14:42: [triggerEventSeen:1287] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |09:14:42: [triggerEventSeen:1287] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1287 (scriptsReady), last script event: 'N/A'
i
What do these mean?
* Stage is otherwise good :)
Alpha 06

* Didn't end when final structure destroyed.
* CTRL-B for let me win didn't seem to work
* Manually entering "let me win" into chat did
* When I reloaded my "Stage Hasn't Ended" save game... it immediately did! So not sure how to reproduce this easily - maybe replay from one of my savegame earlier in the stage (all in attached zip file, along with the logs)?
Alpha 06.zip
Alpha 06 Save Games on Master 7515753
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 116 times
Alpha 07

* Stage worked the way I imagined it should better than it ever has before (NP drops at various locations I expected them at), however...
* Stage didn't end. Back to the bad old days. Could be because I already had structures built at the northern base (put there in preparation during Alpha 06)?
* Exit and reload saved games from near the end of the stage didn't work (so no workaround aka Alpha 06)

I then noticed there was a new master...

Testing on Master d4d0688 (13 Sep 2017)

Alpha 06

* I picked up from a save game from the previous master rather than working my way through the whole lot from the beginning (although I did go back to the first one I had trouble with). Is that the right thing to do?
* Stage doesn't end - as per above. Red dot corresponding to Scav component of central plateau base does not clear (see included screenshot). Does seem to correctly recognise stage end if saved, exited and reloaded after all enemy structures destroyed (as described above for 7515753). One minor difference - the two red dots for the central plateau base weren't both visible in the 7515753 master, but they are here.
Alpha 06.zip
Alpha 06 Save Games on Master d4d0688
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 112 times
Alpha 07

* Didn't build structures at the central plateau base in advance this time (built them during Alpha 07 instead).
* Stage still does not end - cf. 7515753 comments. Had to use cheat to finish the level. In all cases the green dot never vanishes. Pretty sure that's what used to indicate you'd built enough of a base there. What's the criteria for clearing it?

Hit the attachment limit so will continue this in another post...
-Philosopher-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Philosopher- »

<deleted>

Accidentally made duplicate posts. Is it possible to delete ones own post somehow?
Last edited by -Philosopher- on 15 Sep 2017, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.
-Philosopher-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Philosopher- »

<deleted>

See above. Apologies all. Not a good start...
Last edited by -Philosopher- on 15 Sep 2017, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Ok so updated to the latest master
warzone2100-master-20170913-165537-d4d0688.exe (13-Sep-2017)

Copied over my saves and started again at the end of alpha 07, upon commencing Alpha 08 I was able to finish the new paradigm base in the original 20 minutes leaving only the scav base standing and after waiting for the research to complete that left me about 15 minutes to get my units upgraded, and with all 5 factories operating that's plenty, however that was when I recycled all my units save for my builders and the 1 squad that you actually need to do the mission before taking off for alpha 08 so that I didn’t have to wait for them to fly in before I could recycle them, if you have to wait to fly your units in before you can recycle them then you will only have time to recycle and upgrade 2 squads.

As for alpha 09 I was able to complete that with 10 minutes left on the clock, I lost about 5 minutes at the start getting my self organised and moving my heavy body tracked lancers into position in preparation for alpha 10.

I could have moved the rally points before taking off for alpha 08 so that my heavy body tracked lancers would appear in place upon starting alpha 09 but when I tried that I found that it slowed down the upgrade progress because then only 3 factories where available to rebuild my remaining units at my base, so I found it more practical to just leave all 5 rally points up near your base and then simply move my heavy body tracked lancers into position in preparation for alpha 10 at the start of alpha 09 although as I say that does take about 5 minutes since tracked units are quiet slow, so I think it would be safe enough to reduce the timer on alpha 09 by 10 minutes, but i wouldn't do any more than that.
A few research items require the presence of certain structures to be built on the current map. One of those research paths are Alpha cyborg research (alloys/weapons) and another is the command turret. Don't know why this is specified behaviour.
Ok so I believe I have discovered what this is for, upon colleting and researching the synaptic link artefact on alpha 09 I was able to research the cyborg weapons & alloys even though I haven't actually built the factory yet.

Now in the case of the composite alloys mk2 and the python body I see no conflict there since you have already built your tank factory and the game should detect that and allow to research the composite alloys mk2 and the python bodies irrespective of the fact that you and not on the home map.

However since you are not supposed to be able to research cyborg weapons/composite alloys until after you have built the cyborg factory then I think there needs to be a change here, to prevent players from researching that stuff until after they have built the factory.

BUT ..... !!!!

I think the require structure check was to simple, as it was only querying the current map for the presence of the required structure which is incorrect, it should be querying the home map for the presence of the required structure, because otherwise that results in the bug where even after you have built the required structure you can be prevented from gaining access to the associated research if you are on an away mission.

So I think what is needed here is a smarter check, which will query your home map to see if you have built the required structure instead of the current map, there by stopping you doing the research if you haven't built the required structure but allowing you to do the research on an away mission if you have.

Now I'm not sure how complicated that would be but i think it should be possible, maybe by having the game crate and maintain a list of all structures the player has built on the home map, and then having the required structure check query that list to see if the required structure exists on the home map and what you can do is simply have the game update that list each time the player comes back to there home map if they have changed anything.

If that's not possible or its to complicated, then i don't necessarily see an issue with leaving things how there are now, since you would be able to build the cyborg factory and research the cyborg weapons and alloys on alpha 10 anyway.
-Philosopher-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Philosopher- »

Apologies for the multiple posts above. I failed to spot the mod approval step so thought I'd lost my posts for other reasons. Then they all got approved at once... including the request to the mods to only let one through :D

Anyway...

Testing on Master d4d0688 (13 Sep 2017) - Continued

Alpha 08

* There are two spots on the map I'd expect to be able to build on but can't - for no obvious reason. See screenshots.
Alpha 08.zip
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 118 times
* Functionality change? Can now research Python heavy body on this stage - two stages earlier than originally designed... well, I believe anyway - I'm using the aforementioned walkthrough as a reference for what was (https://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?t=3051). I see this was discussed above, but I didn't really follow - what was the rationale?
A few research items require the presence of certain structures to be built on the current map. One of those research paths are Alpha cyborg research (alloys/weapons) and another is the command turret. Don't know why this is specified behavior.
I'm assuming this is how it was in the original game? It's always been that way for all the versions I've played.
Master d4d0688 will make it so that Alpha cyborg tech no longer depends on a cyborg factory being built and automatically unlocks composite alloy mk2/Python in Alpha 8.
Why? Is this to fix a specific problem or is it a matter of preference? Isn't this making it different to how the original campaign worked (or is trying to keep it the same not the objective)?
* On the other hand... Another change is Bombard Pit is available for research on this level... or it's back, at least. This is a good thing. I think it had become unavailable somehow in previous iterations of the campaign? I'm not sure that was always the case, but certainly was for the last playthrough or two I made on 3.2.3 (and obviously makes no sense). I was never able to research it at all for some reason. Glad to see it back.
* Change: it used to be this level only finished by returning to the LZ. You could destroy ALL enemy structures and still keep the level active. Now it finishes as soon as the last structure is destroyed. Traditionalist in me again not comfortable with what seems an arbitrary change from the original.

Alpha 09

* See comments above. I think I'm now researching technologies that previously weren't available until the next stage after a Cyborg factory had been built. Why change it? Seems arbitrary to me. How was it in the original game? Appreciate I'm new here, but my 2c worth is we should match that (or at least its intent, if it was somehow bugged).

Alpha 10

* Fine - Nothing to report :)

Alpha 11

* Another away mission, so another set of these errors in the log (doesn't seem to affect gameplay however):

info    |10:05:26: [triggerEventSeen:1287] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |10:05:26: [triggerEventSeen:1287] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1287 (scriptsReady), last script event: 'N/A'

* Otherwise Fine :) Challenging level. I imagine it's tricky on insane level.

Alpha 12

* Are the power levels higher than they used to be? I swear I've never ended up on over 100k power by this stage before (that's without trying too - there's no need to have such a pile in the bank...).
* Another away mission, so another set of these errors in the log (doesn't seem to affect gameplay however):

info    |11:00:20: [triggerEventSeen:1287] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |11:00:20: [triggerEventSeen:1287] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1287 (scriptsReady), last script event: 'N/A'
* How often do the enemy transports come? Might be just my imagination, but they seem more frequent than they used to be. I'll replay the level and study it more closely next time however.
* LZ didn't close down - remove the four lancer towers and it should, right? Screenshot & savegame in the zip.
Alpha 12.zip
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 115 times
* Haven't actually completed this stage yet. I put it aside when I couldn't close the LZ down and probably won't pick it up again as it's such a slog without being able to stop the reinforcements. I'll wait to see what the response is first. I might try playing the alpha stages through from the start again (now there's a new master) instead. Will post back if I find anything new.

On a more general note, I'm seeing an increased frequency of units getting stuck on corners (an issue I thought had somewhat gone away in recent versions). Where I spot them I'll include an additional screenshot and savegame in my zips in addition to the usual collection of saves.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Alpha 01

* Timer limited to 60 mins. Previous versions had no time limit on this stage. Is the change intended? I don't have any issue with this - 60mins is plenty - but just wanted to check this wasn't an unintentional change.
To the best of my knowledge this is intentional because people where exploiting the fact there was no timer to get absurd amounts of power by leaving the game running.
Alpha 03

* 15 Min Timer total? The 15 min timer used to only kick in once a power station was upgraded (and there was no timer prior to upgrading). Is this an intentional change? What was the rationale? I think this is too short now. I was fine with it, but I'm familiar with the stage and was prepped to go. I imagined the first few stages were to ease folk into the campaign and I think the 15min clock kicking in from the beginning is a bit aggressive. Could it be put back to how it was?
* Some issues reported in the log. Invisible in the game, but away missions involving the transporter seem to throw these consistently.
Again to the best of my knowledge this is intentional because players where exploiting this to get absurd amounts of power
Alpha 04

* Another away mission so (invisible) issues in the log again - see above.
* No other issues, but should stages that state "Return to LZ" to end also finish if all enemy structures are destroyed? Was it always thus, or just since 3.2.x? How was it in the original game? In versions of this effort prior to 3.2.x some did and some didn't. Now all stages finish if all enemy structures are destroyed - including some that didn't used to. Not a bit deal, but it did throw me a few times
To the best of my knowledge having the level automatically end when all enemy units and structures have been destroyed was either an intentional change, because in the past players would have issues getting the level to end because they couldn’t fit all there units in to the LZ, or it was always like that not quiet sure which it's been a long time since I played the original pumpkin version which I have on the playstation.
Alpha 06

* Didn't end when final structure destroyed.
* CTRL-B for let me win didn't seem to work
* Manually entering "let me win" into chat did
* When I reloaded my "Stage Hasn't Ended" save game... it immediately did! So not sure how to reproduce this easily - maybe replay from one of my savegame earlier in the stage (all in attached zip file, along with the logs)?
Now that is strange because I don’t have any issues with alpha 6 failing to end on insane, and to the best of my knowledge regardless of the difficulty all the levels use the same mission scripts so if it doesn't fail on insane it shouldn’t fail on any other difficulty either.

keep in mind if you are going for the total annihilation victory condition you must destroy all enemy units and structures, because the level wont end until you do so make sure you didn’t miss anything by using the deity cheat to reveal the map.

To get cheats working you must enter debug mode (SHIFT BACKSPACE) then hit enter to bring up the chat box and type the cheat that you want like for example let me win/deity etc this was changed some time a go so I'm not surprised that hitting CTRL-B doesn't work.

[edit]

Had a look at the saves you posted for alpha 06 and its difficult to know which save you are talking about because there are dozens i did noticed that you missed a new paradigm sensor tower see the screen shot

that might explain why you cant get alpha 06 to end, also the reason your other save ends after reload is because the gun turret destroys the sensor tower. see the screen shot.

Alpha 07

* Stage worked the way I imagined it should better than it ever has before (NP drops at various locations I expected them at), however...
* Stage didn't end. Back to the bad old days. Could be because I already had structures built at the northern base (put there in preparation during Alpha 06)?
* Exit and reload saved games from near the end of the stage didn't work (so no workaround aka Alpha 06)

I then noticed there was a new master...

Testing on Master d4d0688 (13 Sep 2017)
To the best of my knowledge this mission works fine or at least it does on insane maybe you failed to meet the victory conditions or perhaps you missed one of the units. If I recall correctly the victory conditions for this level are destroy 11 drop ships full of enemy units, build at least 1 factory and build at least 4 turrets.

I do know that on this level sometimes units can be deployed over the cliff edge if there isn’t enough room at there drop zone although that should have been fixed already. To make sure that isn’t the issue try activating the deity cheat to see if you missed anything.

Also did you build the base on alpha 06 ? or on alpha 07 if you built the base on alpha 06 then this could also be the source of your problem because as far as the game is concerned you haven't built anything because as far as I'm aware the game doesn't count structures built on alpha 06 I have had that happen to me on this level in the past as well.

I know certainly when I build 2 tank factories 1 repair bay and 4 turrets all built on alpha 07 not alpha 06 and destroy 11 drop ships full of enemy troops the mission ends fine for me.

[edit]

if you post a save for alpha 07 I'll take a look make sure you not just missing something obvious. having said that looking at your alpha 6 saves the mostly likly issue is that you just built the base on alpha 6 instead of alpha 07 or you failed to meet the victory conditions.
Alpha 08

Functionality change? Can now research Python heavy body on this stage - two stages earlier than originally designed... well, I believe anyway - I'm using the aforementioned walkthrough as a reference for what was (https://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?t=3051). I see this was discussed above, but I didn't really follow - what was the rationale?
Being able to research python body and compost alloy mk2 on alpha 08 is deliberate because you pick up the composite alloy artefact on alpha 8 but due to a required structure check it wouldn’t let you research that till alpha 09 even though it should of really because you have already built the tank factory.

In my opinion that check was faulty because it was only checking the current away map for the presence of the tank factory when it should have been checking your home map for the presence of the tank factory and had that check been looking at the home map for the presence of the tank factory you would never of been barred from researching the python body and compost alloy mk2 on alpha 08.

[edit]

Had a look at the saves you posted for alpha 08 but I'm not really clear on what the problem is besides the fact that you can research the composite alloy mk2 and python body on alpha 08, could you clarify a little ?
Why? Is this to fix a specific problem or is it a matter of preference? Isn't this making it different to how the original campaign worked (or is trying to keep it the same not the objective)?
The required structure check was removed due to a bug.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12714&start=180#p137858
See comments above. I think I'm now researching technologies that previously weren't available until the next stage after a Cyborg factory had been built. Why change it? Seems arbitrary to me. How was it in the original game? Appreciate I'm new here, but my 2c worth is we should match that (or at least its intent, if it was somehow bugged).
As you see in my comments above viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12714&start=180#p137892

This is perhaps an unintended side effect of trying to fix the aforementioned bug.
Alpha 11

* Otherwise Fine :) Challenging level. I imagine it's tricky on insane level.
Not really Alpha 11 is in fact stupidly easy on insane, and until the victory condition was changed it was in fact possible to do this level in under 2 minutes even on insane.

Now alpha 12 that is a tricky mission on insane, although it has been substantially nurfed because it was way to hard, and while it was possible to complete it, it would take you like 3 or 4 hours, because it was like trying to fight against a force 5 tornado if you tried to go up the middle.
Alpha 12

* Are the power levels higher than they used to be? I swear I've never ended up on over 100k power by this stage before (that's without trying too - there's no need to have such a pile in the bank...).
That may well be bonus oil issue because if you finish the mission quickly you get given bonus oil that is equivalent to the amount of time left on the clock, so basically power wise you end up with the same amount of power as you would have if you waited till the timer runs down and then you complete the level with like 30 seconds left there is already a ticket for this you can see my comments on this issue here

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12714&p=137896&sid= ... 18#p137870
On a more general note, I'm seeing an increased frequency of units getting stuck on corners (an issue I thought had somewhat gone away in recent versions). Where I spot them I'll include an additional screenshot and savegame in my zips in addition to the usual collection of saves.
Pathing issues is a problem that has plagued the game for a long time, and it has been a personal bugbear for me for ages, unfortunately its not something that is easy to fix so players just need to learn to live with it until such times as someone figures out how to deal with the problem.