Maps by Doruletz

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Maps by Doruletz

Post by Doruletz »

Ever wondered what it will be to be able to fly over the Carpathian Mountains in a VTOL??
Or to drive a Scourge Missile Tiger Hover across the Danube River??
Well, I just made this possible for you guys...

I used a real topographic map of Romania, with some modifications to allow for base locations and access roads across the mountains and rivers.

This is a 6 player map, intended for a 2 vs 4, since the bases are paired in twos, and almost next to each other.
Players 0 and 1 have double the oil and double the startup trucks, to even things out a little.
Like I said before, I believe everyone should design and build their own base defenses and structures, so, besides to obvious Command Center, I just put a couple MG Bunkers for each player to stave off the initial Scavenger invasion (especially if you are playing an UltScav MOD, like I do.).
The map is huge, 230x170, so there's plenty of space to wonder around looking for a fight (or hide away from one).

I lived in the USA for over 22 years now, but Romania is my native country, and its map is very familiar to me, thus making it easier to locate units and features on the map. That was one of the reasons I decided to create this map to strat with...

The 2 player team (players 0 and 1) each get 8 oil in base and an extra 4 off base, and also 4 trucks each.
The other 4 players only get half of that, so in fact both teams have the exact same startup numbers.
There are 16 more oils to be had from the Scavengers.
Since I very much hate early rushes in game, I gave the Scavs lots of goodies, such as Incendiary Howitzers and Mortars, Scourge Missile Hardpoints, etc.
Scavs start with no units, but the 4 plants I gave them will start spawning some very fast...

Enjoy, and let me know what you think about this map.

Download Link:
http://www.filedropper.com/6c-do-romania
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Re: Maps by Doruletz

Post by Doruletz »

And of course, there's the rest of my maps, already published in the add on section...

http://addons.wz2100.net/?version=&auth ... il=&bases=
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

OK, just made another version of the Romania map...
This time all 6 players have equal Trucks and oil, thus making this map suitable for a 2 vs 2 vs 2 game.
The 3 vs 3 is not recommended, due to the disposition of the player bases and defenses, they are paired in twos...
See Add-On section for download...
http://addons.wz2100.net/?version=&auth ... ddon_type=
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Doruletz wrote:OK, just made another version of the Romania map...
This time all 6 players have equal Trucks and oil, thus making this map suitable for a 2 vs 2 vs 2 game.
The 3 vs 3 is not recommended, due to the disposition of the player bases and defenses, they are paired in twos...
If you rework your maps and don’t want people to see failed attempts at same map please don’t upload to addons till you have the final version.

I don’t think uploading the same map to addons with a different version Number is allowable.

It would be better to only upload the final version.
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

Berg wrote:
Doruletz wrote:OK, just made another version of the Romania map...
If you rework your maps and don’t want people to see failed attempts at same map please don’t upload to addons till you have the final version.

I don’t think uploading the same map to addons with a different version Number is allowable.

It would be better to only upload the final version.
@Berg:

Both maps work just fine.
The first one was meant for a 2 vs 4, being unbalanced, by giving players 0 and 1 more trucks and more oil.
The second one is equally balanced, perfect for a 2 vs 2 vs 2.
HamClubber2x
Greenhorn

Post by HamClubber2x »

Hello Right