Artillery advice for the Betaguide

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Artillery advice for the Betaguide

Post by Forgon »

I wish this game had a great combat manual. Here is my best advice on artillery that could be added to the existing information at https://betaguide.wz2100.net/SensorGuide.php

• Never forget sensors to increase artillery range.
• Mortars and howitzers cannot fire on the move. Starting with version 3.2, a keyboard shortcut allows to halt droids instantly.
• For maximum range, avoid placing artillery near the rim of maps.
• Leave a tile between artillery pieces to limit the splash damage of counterbatteries.
• Forestall enemy artillery by making use of radar detectors as soon as possible.
• Constructing mobile artillery with tracks limits the damage of counterartillery to 10%.
• Ripples are usually insufficient to combat enemy tanks or take down major defenses.
• Hellstorm howitzers are unpopular online, yet cause far more damage per minute
and fire more rounds than Groundshakers. Their downside is lesser range.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Re: Artillery advice for the Betaguide

Post by Rommel »

Mortars and howitzers cannot fire on the move. Starting with version 3.2, a keyboard shortcut allows to halt droids instantly.
Also moving them in patrol mode means that they will automatically stop and fire at enemies.
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
Guardsman Brendo
Trained
Trained

Re: Artillery advice for the Betaguide

Post by Guardsman Brendo »

This is some interesting stuff I'll try to make use of. Thanks!
--As of the above time, this was the last transmission received.