Getting WZ2100 on Steam

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Uber Schwarz
Rookie
Rookie

Getting WZ2100 on Steam

Post by Uber Schwarz »

Would it be possible to get Warzone 2100 as a download on Steam?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: Getting WZ2100 on Steam

Post by Rman Virgil »

Uber Schwarz wrote: Would it be possible to get Warzone 2100 as a download on Steam?
* Steam is Valve's Store for selling other game studio games. The Free stuff on Steam is all related to games for sale.

* How does a free OSS game like WZ 2100 fit into that business model ?

- RV :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Maybe sometime in the future they will have a model that supports "free" games, but I don't think they do that now.

On the other hand, I never did like steam that much for a multitude of reasons, but I won't get into those here.
and it ends here.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Buginator wrote: Maybe sometime in the future they will have a model that supports "free" games, but I don't think they do that now.
* Ya never know. I think it would be a bold model & believe it could be viable.

On the other hand, I never did like steam that much for a multitude of reasons, but I won't get into those here.
* I can just imagine. I stopped playing HL2 a year ago & Steam's implementation had everything to do with it. I wonder if they've become any less draconian. Maybe I'll check sometime soon, outta curiosity.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Rman Virgil wrote: * Ya never know. I think it would be a bold model & believe it could be viable.

* I can just imagine. I stopped playing HL2 a year ago & Steam's implementation had everything to do with it. I wonder if they've become any less draconian. Maybe I'll check sometime soon, outta curiosity.

Last I checked, the answer was nope.  It still is a PITA to deal with.

Oh, and I forgot that it isn't available on Macs or linux or anything else but windows, so it would be for windows users only, and somehow, I don't think they will let us have access to the SDK, and if they did, I really doubt it will mesh well with the GPL.
and it ends here.