Release 3.2.0 beta1

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Release 3.2.0 beta1

Post by Berg »

Because the unit orders have been removed I cant make my trucks stop repairing structures and they die. Hold position.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Berg wrote:Because the unit orders have been removed I cant make my trucks stop repairing structures and they die. Hold position.

Try using the "H" hotkey for hold/halt
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Sorry I cant remember hot keys and if that works why remove it from menu?
You had a poll about this and it was overwhelmingly to keep unit orders what happened?
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Deleted
Last edited by MIH-XTC on 15 May 2016, 03:17, edited 1 time in total.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Attached is a spreadsheet that compares 3.1 stats to 3.2 stats.

Not much has seemingly changed other than the upgrade multipliers under /base/stats/functions.txt.

One thing I dislike is that each of the unique cyborgs were removed from /stats/bodies and instead replaced with two generic categories, light cyborgs and heavy cyborgs. I liked the idea of each cyborg having a slightly different speed, armor and HP

An example being flamer cyborg little bit faster than mg cyborg and cannon cyborg little bit slower than mg cyborg.

EDIT: NVM, I forgot that individual cyborgs can be modified in weapons.json instead of body.json. In 3.1 the cyborg weights and HP's could be modified in either body.txt or weapons.txt so there was some redundancy there. It's good that the cyborg bodies have been generalized to two categories.
Attachments
Change Tracker.xlsx
(211.22 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
Last edited by MIH-XTC on 16 May 2016, 14:19, edited 6 times in total.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

• Remove: The optimal/short/long range GUI elements have been removed
KlassKill wrote: this is another change that breaks how we used to play with 3.1 series
balance is way off from where it was and the whole tech tree needs fixing now
it is like the game is getting more arcade than anything else by removing all the strategy elements without a good reason :(
vexed, per, cyp, please add these back the community wants them!
it is like the ntw people are trying to ruin the game for everyone by dumbing it down for everyone since they never use strategy :(

Oops, I misread the original statement. I thought it said the optimal/short/long range functionality was removed. But it says the optimal/short/long range GUI was removed from unit menu. If the functionality still exists, I think it should remain on the unit menu.

• Remove: Secondary orders hold and pursue removed, use primary order hold and attack instead
KlassKill wrote: cleaner menu is less options than before most people do not want this change!!!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12197
there was even a trac ticket about this and it was closed with no reason
Agreed, I just changed my mind since Berg pointed it out. There were two orders with the same functionality and one was removed, halt and hold position.

Hold position was removed and halt was renamed but halt should now appear on the unit menu.

I use a hotkey for this so I would never use it but I suppose we should still keep it on the unit menu
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Both optimal/short/long range functionality and GUI were removed.

I agree 'hold' should appear in a GUI somewhere (along with 'force attack' and 'stop'). I tried several approaches to add this in a nice way, but it never got finished.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Terminator wrote:not a bug but.... Where is oil derricks for 100 energy ?
Will try that again later. Was too easy to get stuck in early game with this, so it needs a bit more polish.
KlassKill
Trained
Trained

Post by KlassKill »

Per wrote:Both optimal/short/long range functionality and GUI were removed.
it was changed and the buttons removed
I agree 'hold' should appear in a GUI somewhere (along with 'force attack' and 'stop'). I tried several approaches to add this in a nice way, but it never got finished.
why was it removed before the replacement?
why ask me to start a forum discussion about this then ignore the poll results?

also new that I did not see in the changelog is the history of all chat going on is available and that is pretty nice
KlassKill
Trained
Trained

Post by KlassKill »

Legendary wrote:Maybe I'am to dumb, but I can't submit bug report...

"TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation. You don't have the required permissions." There is no sign up link either. In general:

1. WZ 3.2 is not playable with integrated graphic card. Particularly: Intel HD 4 series.
2. Playing coop with nullbot against 3x nullbots generating research errors.

Attached logs, hope it helps.
you need to click login link on the upper right corner and then use your forum account and the password then you click on new ticket
KlassKill
Trained
Trained

Post by KlassKill »

MIH-XTC wrote:
• Change: Only play 'power resource' message once for each research
Very Good. I like how it only displays one instance of most messages. At first I didn’t like the green font but after a couple of hours I became used to it. This is great.
this? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12041
I like the chat history you can have now so you do not lose information from your friends

this is the image I found in that thread that shows all changes
Last edited by KlassKill on 15 May 2016, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Cyp wrote: Should be fixed now, thanks for reporting. Would be good to have all bugs listed in the bug tracker, so they don't get lost. I think some but not all have been reported there already.
KlassKill wrote:
Legendary wrote:I can't submit bug report...

"TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation. You don't have the required permissions." There is no sign up link either. In general:
you need to click login link on the upper right corner and then use your forum account and the password then you click on new ticket
My forum username/pw do not work on the bug tracker site and there is no URL to register or sign up.

NVM: I forgot I changed my pw a long time ago. Sry if you looked into it.

3.2 is crashing every time I click on the "set structure limit" icon in skirmish hosting menu. (trying to disable las sat)
Spoiler:
Last edited by MIH-XTC on 15 May 2016, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Armor upgrades are not being displayed correctly. The screenshot is 3.1 (left) vs 3.2 (right) side by side. I'm pretty sure they are being applied though.

Last edited by MIH-XTC on 15 May 2016, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Screenshot of changes made to the upgrade multipliers

Values come from these two files:
3.1.5 /mp/stats/functions.txt
3.2.0 /base/stats/functions.txt (3.2.0 doesn't have functions.txt under /mp/stats)
Attachments
Modifiers.xlsx
(24.07 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
KlassKill
Trained
Trained

Post by KlassKill »

MIH-XTC wrote:Screenshot of changes made to the upgrade multipliers

Values come from these two files:
3.1.5 /mp/stats/functions.txt
3.2.0 /base/stats/functions.txt (3.2.0 doesn't have functions.txt under /mp/stats)
how are you doing this?
here is how we are looking at the balance problems
run 3.2 and 3.1.5 at same time and have each player try the same thing on each version and you will see how different they are