Release 3.2.0 beta1

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Release 3.2.0 beta1

Post by Berg »

Might be an idea to configure the lobby so it can allow this version to be hosted.
GTR989
New user

Post by GTR989 »

Guys what about Steam Greenlight?
Legendary
Greenhorn

Post by Legendary »

Maybe I'am to dumb, but I can't submit bug report...

"TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation. You don't have the required permissions." There is no sign up link either. In general:

1. WZ 3.2 is not playable with integrated graphic card. Particularly: Intel HD 4 series.
2. Playing coop with nullbot against 3x nullbots generating research errors.

Attached logs, hope it helps.
Attachments
WZlog-0512_202230.txt
Research error
(369 Bytes) Downloaded 317 times
Warzone2100.RPT
RPT
(7.58 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Legendary wrote:1. WZ 3.2 is not playable with integrated graphic card. Particularly: Intel HD 4 series.
Could you try updating your driver?
railgen
Greenhorn

Post by railgen »

Did anyone test everything, including balance, thoroughly?

Game:

I don't understand why we needed that update with the doomed intelligence system? That dropped the skill level literally to zero, since everyone can now just assign the GS tanks to the sensors and with this update the artillery tanks will shoot with much more spread, what makes them also much more dangerous in NTW games where you only find one group of battle-units per player, which will get wiped in seconds as result.

What about letting players doing the work instead of the computer?
Myself I wouldn't even continue using wz's basics for stuff like artillery, that's just too awful easy.

This is also the first and only update I tested so far ingame.

Another thing I noticed was that my arty units patrolled without giving them orders.
Then one time they shoot randomly to an enemy tank which moved towards to an allianced base. ? No need sensor? It fired like 4000 m without sensor and clicking.

In current stable version jammer tower is terrible overpowered.
Any changes there?

Maybe make commanders detect objects under jammer tower?
Currently only satelite can detect them if none of your units is right beside the object.

Some other questions:
What's with the low terrain brightness? Is it just me?
When building master version I had an rotation bug with glu lib. I forgot the exact cause.
Did anyone else encounter that problem? Because if I remember exactly I could not fix that, even by rebuilding with like 10 different release versions of the affected library. I did not test it in 3.2, yet.

UI:
- I got a horrible clicking bug, trying to select menu options when playing in windowed mode. My drawn game mouse is like 10px under the actual position. (win 8.1)
- Somehow some clicks are not recorded?
- Resolution selection bug - suddenly can't go upwards? Or is it just me?

+
New script options are good.
Any hardcoded limits left?

Team research option also nice variety.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Just played vs. AI. Whoohoo balance broken as hell. Cannons OP ? Probably its caused by that 100% accuracy
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

railgen wrote:Did anyone test everything, including balance, thoroughly?
No. Things haven't been tested for 4 years. (Unfortunately not sarcasm.)
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Terminator wrote:Just played vs. AI. Whoohoo balance broken as hell. Cannons OP ? Probably its caused by that 100% accuracy
The 100% accuracy was not included.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

railgen wrote:In current stable version jammer tower is terrible overpowered.
Any changes there?

Maybe make commanders detect objects under jammer tower?
Currently only satelite can detect them if none of your units is right beside the object.
Radar detector turret should detect the jammer unit quite a distance away. (Not saying it doesn't need a lot of balancing.)
railgen
Greenhorn

Post by railgen »

Did you test UI with windowed mode and resolution 1920x1080?
I got a clicking bug there. (cursour actually ~10px under the drawn cursour)

If I make it smaller it's alright, I think.

Another problem is that I suddenly can't go upwards / downwards in resolution option.

It says [0] 1280 x 1024 @ 60
I can switch that to [0] 1280 x 1024 @ 75 and [0] 1280 x 960 @ 60, but then it won't go further.

I don't know if that is appearing just for me.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Hi,

Great job. These are all good changes. I did some testing and found some undesirable behavior and provided feedback below.

DISCREPANCIES:
• The ESC button does not close the chat text box

• The enter button does not submit chat text when the game is paused.

• Mouse over dialog boxes from the skirmish settings screen are kept open if a player presses ESC to return to the main menu, the dialog box still remains until the player returns to the skirmish screen. See screenshot.

• I cannot change the resolution as described in the above post. See screenshot.

• WZ crashes every time I press F10 to take a screenshot. It even crashes at the main screen when pressing F10. Seems to crash anywhere.

• Ctrl+K the new hotkey for analyzing graphics issues causes WZ to crash for me.

• The map selection screens are sorted descending now instead of ascending. I preferred the original sorting .

• When playing with shadows on, the entire game is very dark as if the entire view is shadowed. Seems to be a bug with shadow display causing a dark view.

• I don’t like the changing of the cursor when moving with the arrow keys

• I really like how 3.2.0 debug mode allows players to zoom out infinitesimally. I think it would be a huge improvement if we could increase the max zoom out rate for normal gameplay but would need to figure out how to increase the visible area . We could also make this a feature of the satellite uplink or some other sensor upgrade. I think that would enhance gameplay a ton.

• The turrets are sorted descending in the design menu. This is good for VTOLs because it makes the bombs appear on the first page. It would be nice if the mouse scroll wheel were able to flip through the design page menu as it does the research menu.

• Allies research time was counting down drastically faster than mine and had a higher research time. See EMP in the screenshot. Maybe allies research time doesn't take into account module upgrades? I didn't check to see if my allies res facility was upgraded but even if it wasn't, it was counting down way faster than mine.
• Add: Add teams mode without shared research
I think this is the best improvement to game play. This is a very good idea to give players an alternative game play strategy. I would prefer to play most games like this.
• Add: Add Shift+V to select all fully-armed VTOLs
Very good. This is much more useful than CTRL+V as we’re often not interested in selecting unarmed VTOLs.
• Add: Default map team setups supported, added for some maps
Good
• Change: Move Command HUD to make more room for more items
Very Good. The menu looks much better
• Change: Make VTOLs return to rearm when out of ammo, if told to patrol or circle
Very Good
• Change: Allow designing and building obsolete tanks
Very Good idea. There are some items that become functionally obsolete but are still worth keeping around to allow players to compare differences. Having a filter for this functionality is nice. There are some items I want to add to /stats/research/redcomponents + redstructure to make them obsolete without having to debate if a player may still need it.
• Change: Only play 'power resource' message once for each research
Very Good. I like how it only displays one instance of most messages. At first I didn’t like the green font but after a couple of hours I became used to it. This is great.
• Change: No armour bonus while building is in construction
Good idea.
• Remove: Secondary orders hold and pursue removed, use primary order hold and attack instead
Good, cleaner unit menu and it was redundant functionality.
• Remove: The optimal/short/long range GUI elements have been removed
Good. These unit parameters were only useful on turrets that could not fire while moving e.g. mortars, grenadiers, plasma cannon when they were patrolling. Since this functionality has been removed, I verified those units defaulted to long distance and pursue behavior while patrolling. If they defaulted to short distance it would have nerfed them big time.
• Add: Enable ECM Jammer tech. Increase radar detector cost to 2000, from 900
Not sure what ECM Jammer tech does. Radar detector isn’t worth building as is, I don’t find it helpful at all.
• Change: Make easy difficulty AIs get 25% less power from derricks
Good
• Change: Make insane difficulty give 2x power income to AIs
Good
• Change: Improved counterbattery target checking, can also now use allied counterbattery sensors
Very good. It’s much more realistic that allies can leverage each other’s sensors. This is great.
• Remove: Command turret upgrades
Good. Until commander is relevant.
• Remove: Remove the distinction between short and long range for accuracy purposes
Good. In EB mod I set all non-bomb VTOL’s to 100/90 to effectively give them 100% accuracy. Taking them out of the picture achieves the same thing.
• Change: Significantly improve model rendering performance
This is the best overall feature of 3.2. I consistently get many more FPS and the limit on max FPS rendering seems to have been lifted. My game appearance is slightly brighter and I can tell the difference in terrain + tile rendering.
• Add: New function function cameraZoom to change camera zoom
Good. I take it this is responsible for the new max zoom in debug mode.
• Add: New function setPowerModifier to change the power modifier
Not sure this has any effect on balance of power. I did notice that some power upgrades have been removed from /stats/functions
• Add: New function setSky to change the skybox on the fly
Good.
• Change: Savegames and stats are now in JSON format
I found that there are free web based convertors to go from the old .csv style to the new .json format. From there, the .csv’s can be loaded into excel and quickly compared using an excel plug-in to identify all stats changes.
• Add: The minimum damage that a weapon causes is now moddable
Good. I can’t think of a use for it right now but I can see how it could be.
• For analysing graphics performance issues, there is a new hotkey ctrl+k in debug mode to get info on what takes time
Ctrl+K crashes for me
railgen
Greenhorn

Post by railgen »

Maybe open a 1v1 / 2v2 / 3v3 / 4v4 with semi decent players in this version, record it and put it in youtube, so we can see how balance is?

jammer will hide your units under the sensor range. I did not know that sensor detector can counter it somehow.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

MIH-XTC wrote:• The map selection screens are sorted descending now instead of ascending. I preferred the original sorting .
• Allies research time was counting down drastically faster than mine and had a higher research time. See EMP in the screenshot. Maybe allies research time doesn't take into account module upgrades? I didn't check to see if my allies res facility was upgraded but even if it wasn't, it was counting down way faster than mine.
Should be fixed now, thanks for reporting. Would be good to have all bugs listed in the bug tracker, so they don't get lost. I think some but not all have been reported there already.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

not a bug but.... Where is oil derricks for 100 energy ?
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
KlassKill
Trained
Trained

Post by KlassKill »

MIH-XTC wrote:Hi,
• Remove: Secondary orders hold and pursue removed, use primary order hold and attack instead
Good, cleaner unit menu and it was redundant functionality.
cleaner menu is less options than before most people do not want this change!!!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12197
there was even a trac ticket about this and it was closed with no reason
• Remove: The optimal/short/long range GUI elements have been removed
Good. These unit parameters were only useful on turrets that could not fire while moving e.g. mortars, grenadiers, plasma cannon when they were patrolling. Since this functionality has been removed, I verified those units defaulted to long distance and pursue behavior while patrolling. If they defaulted to short distance it would have nerfed them big time.
this is another change that breaks how we used to play with 3.1 series
balance is way off from where it was and the whole tech tree needs fixing now
it is like the game is getting more arcade than anything else by removing all the strategy elements without a good reason :(
vexed, per, cyp, please add these back the community wants them!
it is like the ntw people are trying to ruin the game for everyone by dumbing it down for everyone since they never use strategy :(