Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

This gets better and better ...

Queue happydance music! /happydance

Seriously, Shadow, you'll like it. Once you're over the initial unfamiliarity, it's pretty much JS with an XML structure. I'm over-simplifying but that's really what it boils down to. JSON isn't bad.

References are here and here for the basics concerning it.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

And Shadow, concerning the effective use of the completeResearch() thing ..

In Campaign 4, I've switched over to using Scripted Research. All Research is now handled via the new JavaScript API. It's letting us do all sorts of interesting things. Weapon Paths, where the player chooses which weapon they would like to focus on (much like Nullbot does) but without needing to research anything unrelated to that weapon. It's a little rough around the edges, and needs some serious fine-tuning and bug fixing, but it works for the most part and can be adapted to provide what you are looking for.

Feel free to grab a copy of Campaign 4 (the link to my OneDrive is the globe next to the PM button under my avatar), unzip and snag whatever files you need from the Research scripts (in /scripts, you can't miss them), play with them as you desire. My stuff is all GPL-2, so have at it. Cam 4 is as much yours as it is mine, since it is using Contingency at its' heart. :)
sirwinsalot
New user

Post by sirwinsalot »

yes hello i have a problem, i followed the instructions which were bare bones (to me anyway for modding this game) and i cannot get the mod to work, neither base or the modified scav one, is 3.1.2 not compatible or have i just messed up somewhere? if i have messed up can you run me though installation please? me and two other friends would like to test and play the mod.

-sirwinsalot
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

FAQ.
if i have messed
How do i know if i've no idea what were you doing?
SufferedRichard
New user

Post by SufferedRichard »

Im not quite sure if I have put the mod in successfully, you say to unzip the file, but I download it as a .wz file not a WinRAR or 7zip, its directory is WZ(3.1.2)/mods/multiplay. im not the best at adding mods so im unsure if I did it right.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

SufferedRichard wrote:Im not quite sure if I have put the mod in successfully, you say to unzip the file, but I download it as a .wz file not a WinRAR or 7zip, its directory is WZ(3.1.2)/mods/multiplay. im not the best at adding mods so im unsure if I did it right.
It goes in C:/Program Files(x86)/Warzone 2100/mods/global for 64-bit Windows, or C:/Program Files/Warzone 2100/mods/global for 32-bit Windows.

If you want it to autostart instead, put it into the /autoload folder instead of /global. If that folder does not exist, create it right there in the /mods folder. That's usually the easier way, and you wont have to make a custom shortcut.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
beholder33
Rookie
Rookie

Post by beholder33 »

Up to the contigency ballance, when i tested it out I've noticed that the game became more of quantity over quality of units, I don't really know if that was a true aim of this mod, but if it wasn't please take a look at it :)

happy easter to everyone by the way and thanks for your hard work for wz2100, cheers.
Supeerme
New user

Post by Supeerme »

I have just installed this mod and I can't seem to play. It keeps saying
Failed to parse wrf/piestats.wrf
. There is no other mod and it is in the autoload folder. What did I do wrong?
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:No problem. Give me a few to upload it. I'll include the matching Nullbot for that version. It's a little bit older as well, and the game will complain about not being able to display all of the AI choices in the list (since there are more than ten) but it does function.

[ EDIT] Here you go.
contingency_plus_04.zip
Bumping this thread from a couple of years ago.

Looks like FuzzyTail has made some good progress on converting this mod to 3.2.3 in his thread

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=12698#p138567

After taking a closer look at the files in this mod, it seems the only thing that is incompatible with 3.2.x are the stats files .txt --> .json

I didn't know that's all that's needed to go from 3.1 to 3.2. I thought there was more to it then that.

If it's only a matter of converting the stats files from .txt to .json then I can port this mod to 3.2.3 and make a good balance for it. It's like ~20 hours worth of work. I'm using cheat mode and alt+a to view all available turrets and bodies in the mod. I'm thinking we can just make a few new upgrades that unlock new turret/body models with slightly altered variations. Not entirely new turrets/bodies, just altered versions.

For example, the cannon turrets with the extra red detail on the turret model can just represent the same weapon with an extra 1 tile range or something like that. The upgraded turret using the new graphic model can replace the old one upon researching some turret upgrade for the cannon weapon line.

Latest version is in the addons?
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Running into one problem. It seems the design screen can only handle so many turrets. There's a mismatch between the turret selected and the turret visible on the droid. In the screenshot I selected the mortar but it shows some twin assault cannon. This problem starts to happen with turrets starting on page 15+.

Each design page can hold 8 turrets and there are 7 page buttons visible before having to click the -> arrow button to reveal the next round of 7 page buttons.

Altogether there are 16 pages of turrets and the first 14 are fine(7 page buttons then another 7)

The 15th page reverts back to the 1st and the 16th corresponds to the 2nd. It seems the arrow button on the design screen is only good for one click.

If you use the attachment, use cheat mode and alt+a then look at last 2 pages of design screen. NoQ + Berg, hope you don't mind snowballing Ult Scavs with this. I figured since you helped author contingency you wouldn't mind.
Attachments
UltimateScavs-EB-Contingency.wz
Contingency import into 3.2.3 - Error with design screen
(6.94 MiB) Downloaded 165 times
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

(Smiley Face) (Butt Crack)
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Post by Lord_Kane »

Berg wrote:(Smiley Face) (Butt Crack)
oh no! William has infected Berg!

EVERYONE RUN.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

How do I make/extract icons of the new body and weapon models like the ones in the WZ guide http://betaguide.wz2100.net/Research.php

I think it's better to explain changes with pictures so I'd like to put all of the new models into a table with their picture so it's easier to understand their stats.

EDIT: Actually maybe taking screenshots from within the game isn't too unreasonable. If there's a better way to do this then pls say.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Just giving a status update on what to expect.

Preliminary stats for bodies, still testing and still working on weapons. I can already see some errors such as both cobra bodies should have same engine output

I used these rules for initial adjustments then did some minor tweaking afterwards

blue bodies (kinetic armor)
zero to little thermal armor
+30% kinetic armor
+20% build power
+10% build points

pink bodies (thermal armor)
+8 thermal armor
-6 kinetic armor
-20% build points
-10% hit points
-10% build power

red bodies (superior armor)
+400% thermal armor
+100% kinetic armor
+150% build power
+200% build points
+25% hit points

large bodies (two turrets)
100 - 200% more hitpoints
75% more build points
50% more build power
25% more weight
10% more engine
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Post by Lord_Kane »

Got an ETA MIH-XTC?