3.1.3 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

3.1.3 has been released!

Post by Staff »

We had some last-minute delays in meeting our end-of-year target, but it has finally happened: Warzone 2100 3.1.3 is out.

Note, if you wish to compile it yourself directly from our repo:

Code: Select all

git fetch origin --tags
git checkout 3.1.3
then proceed as normal with the build process.
(that means, use something like this to make faster builds.)

Code: Select all

./configure --disable-debug CFLAGS="-O2 -gstabs -g -g3" CXXFLAGS="-O2 -gstabs -g -g3"
Now, you may have been wondering why is it taking so long for making releases.
We are a very small team of volunteers, that have actual jobs, and unfortunately, time is short for all of these days, so we have to use our time as best we can, and the majority of that has been working on the next version of Warzone that will be released after the 3.x version.

This project has no paid members, and all donations go directly to our web hosting provider that supports these forums, our lobby server, our bug tracker, and also the addons site.

Special thanks to forum member kaikiai for making the mac builds!
We also would like to thank Berg & Terminator & montetank... for testing out the testing builds, and reporting issues they found!

We also would like to thank all the donors who have donated to the site's operating costs, without which, we wouldn't be here, and all the contributors who have helped make Warzone a better game with improved textures, models, mods and maps.
If you would like to make a donation to help with the ongoing server cost, (the only thing we use the funds on) please visit http://donations.wz2100.net

We are still looking for volunteers, be it helping with the Campaign conversions forum post and ticket #4234, or fixing bugs or if web design is your thing, or, helping out the AR team upgrade the graphics to the units, or if you want to help write some new campaigns, forum member Goth Zagog-Thou is working on that front, feel like testing things, then forum member crab's Warzone guide Database could use some heavy testing before that goes final, and if none of that interests you, I am sure you can find something creative for you to do.

We would again like to thank all the volunteers that try to make Warzone the best RTS it can be, and never forget, Strategy by Design!

Don't forget, if you play the campaign, we strongly encourage you do download the videos as well!
They tell more about the story, and have more information about some campaigns.

Get the campaign videos from here Campaign Videos

Please report all bugs to http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket, NOT ON THE FORUMS!

With that out of the way...

What is new in the 3.1.3 release?

Features & Changes:
  • Config Dir - the config directory is now named after the version number and located inside the main 3.1 directory.
    On Linux, for example, look in .warzone2100-3.1/3.1.3/
  • Rank is no longer displayed.
    We plan on revisiting this when the lobby supports registered players.
  • Custom Backdrops - Custom backdrops and credit screens are now supported.
    Backdrops are chosen randomly from files in the base/texpages/bdrops/ folder. File names start with 'backdrop' or 'credit' depending on their intended role. (backdrop*.png, credit*.png ). Image format is PNG.
  • In Multiplayer, PING times are now only displayed to the host
Code stuff:
  • We have stomped a bunch of bugs and fixed some crashers.
  • A number of problems were found and fixed thanks to static analysis tools
While that might not seem like much, please see our repo @ https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... .2...3.1.3 for the complete list of changes!
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: 3.1.3 has been released!

Post by vexed »

Here is our files, along with the SHA1 hash in case you want to check them.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/warzon ... ses/3.1.3/

e3ebf342585635ecdd73b75fe807a8b33745e80a warzone2100-3.1.3.exe
764494a2ed0a05ecd99c9de9dc7e016402fe6dfa warzone2100-3.1.3_portable.exe
3cd83f6eb06083b8219b98165692999b66a69f12 warzone2100-3.1.3.tar.xz
f4d7a80c83d2bbad123cd961e9515ee233924ddc warzone2100-3.1.3-vids_portable.exe
ae84b77f16ba6667c0b2b9409879fcd6752265ec warzone2100-3.1.3.dmg

For LINUX people (that don't want to compile it themselves) use http://www.playdeb.net/app/Warzone2100 since that usually have the latest version available, and maintainers & distros are very slow on updating the game!

**NOTE** For windows, you need Vista or higher, XP is not supported.

**NOTE** For those of you using the portable version of these builds, and want to use something
other than English, you must also download the fixLanguages.bat file, and then place this
in the same directory you installed the game in. Then double click on it. All it does is rename the
files to what the game needs.

Big thanks to forum member kaikiai for making the Mac builds for us!

Note: The config directory is inside Warzone 2100 3.1, named 3.1.3.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Also, some people have been reporting a virus is in these builds.

THAT IS NOT THE CASE!

This is a false positive.

We use a linux server that builds windows builds, and, it just isn't possible, we build everything from source. There is no way a virus can infect Warzone 2100. These builds don't even pass through windows machines.
End of story.

Please tell the anti-virus company that is saying it is a virus to fix their detection scanners.

Thanks!
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

I haven't really heard of any remarks on this release.

Does that mean nobody has had any problems so far?

Oh, and sorry, I culled some comments that really didn't have to do with the release.
(And, please keep comments in this thread about THIS release, thanks!)
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

Just got it this moment. :) Edit: It is running for 40 minutes non-stop now. Quite perfect.
wzlurker
New user

Post by wzlurker »

Where do I place new map files in this version?
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

This may depend on which operating system you are running it on. :)
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

vexed wrote:I haven't really heard of any remarks on this release.

Does that mean nobody has had any problems so far?
RED ALERT...RED ALERT. I must report a problem, lieutenant commander Vexed. I cant solve Alpha Cam-1A in less than 5 minutes anymore. Harsh scavenger resistance. First time after 3 years i lost a unit.
Entry into the logbook: Again and again I failed and disappointed not only the development team but also myself. :augh: :augh: :lol2:

Great job, guys. Thanks a lot. I cant notice any problems. Nothing has been forgotten.
Spending his private time to keep this game alive must be appreciated.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

wzlurker wrote:Where do I place new map files in this version?
For windows: Start the game one time. Automatically it will be created the folder in : User>your documents>Warzone>3.1.3>maps
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
wzlurker
New user

Post by wzlurker »

Yes, in previous versions, the map folder, and other various folders could be located in Documents. But when I downloaded and installed this version, there in nothing in Documents for this version, nor is there a "maps" folder in the program files directory where the main program was installed.
I am running Windows Vista Home Basic.
Should I create a "maps" folder somewhere to install my favorite map addons?
Thanks! :)
wzlurker
New user

Post by wzlurker »

Ok, I found the problem. The 3.1.3 version in Documents was placed inside the 3.1 folder instead of having its own placement in Documents. Installed my maps there so hopefully it will work.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

wzlurker wrote:Ok, I found the problem. The 3.1.3 version in Documents was placed inside the 3.1 folder instead of having its own placement in Documents. Installed my maps there so hopefully it will work.
Hmmmm :hmm: I have both -Win 7- but without a map folder in the 3.1 folder in Games. So i create a folder by myself and it doesnt work. Works only with the documents/map folder. Doesnt matter-it works :wink:
gypakk
Trained
Trained

Post by gypakk »

Hi!
Trying to install wz2100 3.1.3 on Ubuntu 14.04 and 15.10. Seems not to be possible. :-(
I think I followed the compile guide word by word...

Compilation ends with "no repo or cache detected" every time.

Does anyone know what to do?
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

You might want to create a separate thread titled something like Problem Building 3.13

In it, you could include more information. Something like:

I'm building WZ on $MY_PLATFORM using the guide at $SOME_LINK
It fails at Step N
Here is the exact error message text.