Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Non-existent menu, building menu, map.

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen,

I run 3.1.2 version today and to my suprise I have no menu. I can see only the legendaly trucks and trucks only. I can click on them, I can move them, but I cannot see or make to appear any of the windows.

I would be very happy if somene could tell me who stole my menus, I want them back.

P.S.

By menu I mean the square where yo ucan see the map, the rectangle where I can see my research or what the very trucks are building. And finally on the very left there is no square where I can order research or building something. It is really hard to pay the game without those, I believe even harder to make a map.

Regards,

worried by the lack of menus

Mero
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Non-existent menu, building menu, map.

Post by vexed »

This is almost always caused by video drivers.
Not much we can do on our end, so, update your video drivers, and that should fix it.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

My Nvidia GeForce panel says my drivers are from 21.12.2015 and are the actual ones.

I beleive there are no newer so it must be a different case.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

A map maker in need is a map maker indeed.

I dare to remind that I suffer greatly from my geometrical problem and I am in a desperate need of help.

The time flies, the creativity dies.

Regards

Mero

Regards - Mero
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Hello mapmaster Merowingg. Whats the problem? Geometrie is something for me. PM-if possible. I can help :-)
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Can you give us a screenshot of the issue? (either via WZ's F10, or snap a pic with your phone)
As for those drivers you listed, those could be the cause, can you revert back to an older version?
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hi montetank, let's not exaggerate with mastering, I have to point it out. If vexed happens not to be able to help me, I will PM you.

vexed, it cannot be the matter of drivers or it is a longer matter, because I tried to run the game in the middle of the december, and the problem occured, then after updating drivers which I remember because entire GeForce center asked me for attention. I am sending the screenshot, the joke is, when I am in the game I do not see this map at the bottom right, and the menu at the bottom left, while on the screenshot it appeared.

I would be really glad for help,

Thank you for all,

Regards,
wz2100-20160107_133705-Sk-Rush.png
Mero

Regards - Mero
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

If you see it with screenshots via F10, but you don't see it normally, I still say it is a driver issue of some kind.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Sounds more and more like a video driver issue. Has the exact platform ever been mentioned? (operating system, graphics card/chipset).

If the latest video driver does not help, try going back to an older one that does.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen,

Ah yes stiv, forgive me my manners,

The operating system is Windows 8, the graphic card is Nvidia GeForce Gtx 850m, and there is 4gb of ram.

The Nvidia GeForce panel says my drivers are from 21.12.2015, and I do know, that the problem occured before I have updated my drivers to those from 21.12.2015. The panel also states that those drivers of mine, are up to date.

Regards,

Tricked by the geometrical figures,

Mero

Regards - Mero
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

GTX 850m sounds like a laptop, does it have integrated Intel graphics as well? If you right-click the Warzone .exe then properties, you should be able to tell it to run on the Nvidia chip I think (or you need to upgrade the Intel drivers as well).
We want information... information... information.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen,

Yes indeed it is a laptop, I was always negligent with those details. It is Asus R510J.

And both how I run it the way you have sugested and how do I upgrade the intel drives?

Regards,

Mero

Regards - Mero
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Merowingg wrote:Hello Gentlemen,

Yes indeed it is a laptop, I was always negligent with those details. It is Asus R510J.

And both how I run it the way you have sugested and how do I upgrade the intel drives?

Regards,

Mero
Download the NVidia Inspector here http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvi ... nload.html
Click right on the tool-button. It opens at the top a scroll-down window. Scroll down to Warzone (updated). Open your warzone.exe and select it. (you can find many vids on youtube how to use the Nvidia inspector). Let Warzone select the settings for Nvidia before. So-your system will automatically select NVidia as the standart GPU for WZ.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Sorry for the double posting. My stupid question is: Why dont you right-click >properties> compatibility> win 7 and start as admin?
Should work 100% until you solve the GPU problem O_o
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

You just go to intel's site, download the video drivers for your intel chip, and install.

Nothing that hard.:)