WZBlue GTK: Graphical Lobby Monitor for Linux, Unix, Windows

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
bendib
Regular
Regular

WZBlue GTK: Graphical Lobby Monitor for Linux, Unix, Windows

Post by bendib »

I am pleased to announce the release of WZBlue with GTK.

UPDATE: Released 1.0, minor update that fixes a bug on Linux, cleans up code, and beautifies the interface a little

**UPDATE 2: Released 1.1.0 1.1.1, a major update that fixes bugs, adds tons of new functionality including custom colors,
custom Warzone binary locations, and a ton of launch options to make your day easier. Go to file->settings to see what's there.

A beautiful graphical frontend to monitor the Warzone lobby and join games with 1 click. Autorefresh is available with a minimum of 5 second refresh, and a maximum of 2 minutes. It defaults to 10 seconds.

Screenshots
1.1.0 on Windows
1.1.0 on Linux
License
WZBlue is public domain software. See http://unlicense.org/

Github
Public GitHub for WZBlue is here: https://github.com/Subsentient/wzblue

Known issues
Avast Antivirus erroneously detects the executable as malware. No other tested antiviruses have the same problem.
WZBlue for Windows is cross compiled from Linux, so it's very, very unlikely for it to have any kind of virus.

Installation instructions:
WZBlue is a standalone program. All that's needed is the executable for your platform.

Windows
On Windows, the WZBlue program can be found here: http://gieba.universe2.us/wzblue-1.1.1.exe
It should work on all x86 versions XP and up, 32 or 64 bit, and might be compatible with 2000.

Linux
Download the tarball here: http://gieba.universe2.us/wzblue-1.1.1.tar.gz
Then extract it, then open a terminal and cd to the newly extracted directory.
You'll need GTK 2 or 3, and the devel packages for your version of GTK.
For GTK 2, the default, just type 'make'.
For GTK 3, type 'make GTKCHOICE=3'

BSD
See Linux. But be warned, you'll probably need to type gmake instead of make.
Last edited by bendib on 30 Sep 2015, 19:56, edited 4 times in total.
Also known as Subsentient.
The Overlord
Trained
Trained

Re: WZBlue GTK: Graphical Lobby Monitor for Linux, Unix, Win

Post by The Overlord »

Cool program, works well.
Warzone 2100 is love, life.
Member of the BDC clan and adept at multiplayer battles. Feel free to PM me questions about multiplayer.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

how about to make a patch for wz. Creat or extend current "--host" command ? :) So we may creat a full-featured out of the box game lobby. and not just a "--join" button.

I think it should be addressed to game devs.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Released minor update taking version from 0.9 to 1.0. See the top of the thread for more details.
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

very cool, works great on linux, maybe an option dialog where i can point to my custom wz dir? im using gtk3 with a dark theme maybe some more subtle colors? and the game title is really no information at all most of the times ;) and of course let me resize the window? lol just minor complaints, thanks for the prog i can use it now that im avoiding irc.
kracker
Trained
Trained

Post by kracker »

Very nice idea... and it works very well, it's either this or the lobby channel and I'd choose this any day.
Just two minor things that would be nice... window resizing as tmp said above, and also maybe the ability to select a custom directory where warzone is located?

Thanks for this!
Error: Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue.
~Co-Founder of the clan BDC.
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

ey, new colors are way better and thanks for the window resizing! i only got one last thing and that might have todo with my global icon theme... all the icons have different sizes.... i made you some incase you dont have any....

ps.: i was curious so i did a make install.... the join button which automatically enters the right room is awesome :D
License: CC0
Attachments
icons.tar.gz
(95.46 KiB) Downloaded 913 times
Last edited by vexed on 28 Sep 2015, 02:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fix license
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

tmp500 wrote:ey, new colors are way better and thanks for the window resizing! i only got one last thing and that might have todo with my global icon theme... all the icons have different sizes.... i made you some incase you dont have any....

ps.: i was curious so i did a make install.... the join button which automatically enters the right room is awesome :D
I see you're using the git/master version. While the version is bumped, 1.1 is not out yet. I'm going to add a dialog for configuration options next. :^)
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

tmp500 wrote:ey, new colors are way better and thanks for the window resizing! i only got one last thing and that might have todo with my global icon theme... all the icons have different sizes.... i made you some incase you dont have any....

I've implemented your icons. I'm assuming you meant to release them as public domain like the rest of WZBlue.
I created a pink mod icon by messing with hue in gimp. Good job tmp! :^)
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

you assumed right. i don't plan on monetizing those three awesome detailed icons. use them under the license that suits you most. i am sure you saw the svg in the zip, might be easier to modify the colors in inkscape... maybe a word or two on color schemes? pink? really? :) the reason i like the new colors that you picked for the text is because u got the three primary colors and the orange would fall under the secondary colors if you look at a color wheel. anyways... your the boss ;) more colors in the zip. keep it up good job
Attachments
icons001.tar.gz
(352.38 KiB) Downloaded 446 times
Last edited by vexed on 28 Sep 2015, 02:52, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed license
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

tmp500 wrote:you assumed right. i don't plan on monetizing those three awesome detailed icons. use them under the license that suits you most. i am sure you saw the svg in the zip, might be easier to modify the colors in inkscape... maybe a word or two on color schemes? pink? really? :) the reason i like the new colors that you picked for the text is because u got the three primary colors and the orange would fall under the secondary colors if you look at a color wheel. anyways... your the boss ;) more colors in the zip. keep it up good job
The problem I'm having is with size. The templates you provided are too big, and the first time, it took a lot of fiddling in GIMP to get them right. If you can make a new set that's say, 25x25, that'd be perfect!
wei2912
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wei2912 »

Having the ability to join the game directly is great. On my computer it takes Warzone 2100 a while to refresh the lobby and join a game, so this lobby monitor speeds up the process by a lot.
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

sorry haven't checked the thread... didn't see anything on github to comment and upload stuff... i would get a news feed on your project.... i had a thought about a feature today.... a checkmark that will automatically join the game if a spot gets available? :ninja:
Attachments
icons002.tar.gz
(10.22 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
Last edited by vexed on 28 Sep 2015, 02:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed license
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

tmp500 wrote:sorry haven't checked the thread... didn't see anything on github to comment and upload stuff... i would get a news feed on your project.... i had a thought about a feature today.... a checkmark that will automatically join the game if a spot gets available? :ninja:
That might be doable. I'll look into it.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

YAYYY released new version 1.1.0 1.1.1!

UPDATE: there was a bug in 1.1.0 that prevented the Windows portable edition from functioning properly. This was fixed in 1.1.1.

Among improvements are:
* Window resizing
* New icons for game status. They are now uniform across all platforms. You can thank tmp500 for that.
* Custom Warzone binary locations
* New default color scheme
* Easy ability to customize your color scheme
* Tons of launch options, including an easy way to set the game resolution to strange resolutions for windowed mode.

See the top of the thread for download links!