Someone, please explain how youtube works

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Someone, please explain how youtube works

Post by t4ngld »

OK guys so I have the whole Alpha campaign recorded with some decently fast gameplay, now how do I upload that to youtube?

For starters, I can't figure out for the life of me how to create a youtube account (or should it be a channel? what's the difference if any?) with the name I want. Is it impossible now? Do I need to create another gmail account with the desired name?

Here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answ ... 4172&hl=en

It reads that I need "500 subscribers" to be able to select an account name - how am I supposed to earn that? O_o

Any youtube alternatives for those who are as dumb as yours truly?

Thanks a lot guys, input welcome. Wanna share the work but sharing itself appears to be harder than solving the campaign & recording it without savegames.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Someone, please explain how youtube works

Post by vexed »

I suppose this tutorial should help you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFyIT7rVZ0Q
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

Code: Select all

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?hl=en
is that helps?, i remember you can have different name for youtube and google account, although it will keep asking to change your name
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Post by t4ngld »

Hmm I keep forgetting about video tutorials.. thank you vexed for the idea! Although the one you linked to seems to be a bit dated, I'll probably look for a newer one.

Exio that one also seems to skip the account name explanation? Just reads "sign into the YT account". Anyway, I'll be looking for tutorials now, thank you for the ideas guys.
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Post by t4ngld »

P.S. On a side note, now I probably realize why I don't go looking for video tutorials etc. in the first place: was brought up, especially by the complementary school (one with a mathematical twist), to first study things thoroughly by myself, and then draw conclusions on how to solve tasks. Tutorials are still a kind of "cheat" for me, or feel just wrong to use. Takes time to adapt :)
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

t4ngld wrote:P.S. On a side note, now I probably realize why I don't go looking for video tutorials etc. in the first place: was brought up, especially by the complementary school (one with a mathematical twist), to first study things thoroughly by myself, and then draw conclusions on how to solve tasks. Tutorials are still a kind of "cheat" for me, or feel just wrong to use. Takes time to adapt :)
After all, this tutorial is very old and out of date :D
Create an Account. Download the "freemake video converter" from the net. Its the best converter IMO. Convert to Youtube format and send. The upload to youtube starts automatically.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.