Recording games

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Recording games

Post by vexed »

I noticed quite a few people are looking for software that records WZ games.
While FRAPs works for some games, it still is buggy with master, and is windows only.

So, I suggest you try OBS, https://obsproject.com
It is for windows & mac & linux, and is open sourced. :)
https://github.com/jp9000/OBS
Nvidia's shadowplay & AMD's reLive also can record this game just fine.

I did a quick video, and it does record mouse cursor for master.

Share your tips & other recording software that you use here. :3
/facepalm ...Grinch stole WarzoneπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Re: Recording games

Post by montetank »

vexed wrote:I noticed quite a few people are looking for software that records WZ games.
While FRAPs works for some games, it still is buggy with master, and is windows only.

So, I suggest you try OBS, https://obsproject.com
It is for windows & mac & linux, and is open sourced. :)
https://github.com/jp9000/OBS

I did a quick video, and it does record mouse cursor for master.

Share your tips & other recording software that you use here. :3
Great. And i am so stupid. Read this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12061. I forgot, that cybersphinx has given me the link and i installed OBS on my old laptop. It didn`t work with the old intel Craphics Card. Now i have a new gamer PC.... thanks for remembering, vexed. OBS is fine :)
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Post by t4ngld »

Thank you a lot vexed & montetank, OBS is working nice so far on Linux (Fedora 22 64-bit) with a Xeon X5650 "Westmere" 6-core CPU and an NVIDIA GTX 460 video card using the proprietary driver :ok:

Using the "ultrafast" preset, it seems to work fast enough to cause no FPS drop. Also, I've used the "taskset" utility from the "util-linux" package to manually bind warzone2100 and obs to different physical CPU cores for even better performance.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Wow, nice system you got, though, I think that video card is holding you back.

You can also post videos on the forum section for videos if you want. :)
/facepalm ...Grinch stole WarzoneπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

t4ngld wrote:Xeon X5650 "Westmere" 6-core CPU and an NVIDIA GTX 460 video card
Whats that? One of the best CPUs with the Geforce 460??? Ok-the 460 was one of the first Kepler-arch. But you should have at least a GTX 480. The Benchmark is nearly 80% better. Price: about 75$
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Post by t4ngld »

Yeah you know.. I play BFBC2, BF2 1.0 (used to before it had died..) near-competitively, and honestly it's enough :)

Maybe I'll get some new Radeon, or just a 750Ti, not sure yet, just for the sake of them being quieter and / or cooler than mine. A GTX 480 is a nice idea but it's just way too hot for those summers in the middle (plateuau) Russia :) Though I didn't know they were so cheap these days, thank you for the hint!
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

t4ngld wrote:
. A GTX 480 is a nice idea but it's just way too hot for those summers in the middle (plateuau) Russia :)
Shouldn`t be a problem. Just play the Arizona maps in winter. And the Rocky maps in summer. For better cooling try the nice glacier mod http://addons.wz2100.net/30
:lol2:
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

montetank wrote:
t4ngld wrote:
. A GTX 480 is a nice idea but it's just way too hot for those summers in the middle (plateuau) Russia :)
Shouldn`t be a problem. Just play the Arizona maps in winter. And the Rocky maps in summer. For better cooling try the nice glacier mod http://addons.wz2100.net/30
Don't forget to add, john kettley, for some extra snow & rain power! :D
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

vexed wrote: Don't forget to add, john kettley, for some extra snow & rain power! :D
Ok-we are joking, but have you ever thought about it? To implement the Kettley cheat (isn`t a cheat at all) as a visual effect? Could be switcht off and on in the graphics settings. Snow and rain could fall temporarily. For example, if the program detects snow-tiles then it could fall snow. In urban maps rain. I don`t want to start a new balance discussion about the influence of snow and rain. Just as an visual effect. I tested it-this Kettley cheat has no influence on the FPS. Just an idea.

PS. I am dreaming about fog
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

I liked it when I saw in one custom map blood for rain (separate RTS game), maybe some wind blowing through the trees moving leaves about. We need a really unusual map which makes no sense at all, like raining people or sweets then random stuff going on. Odd colours, really tall hills that are thin and massive craters with a little town. Oil drums that spawn close and move away when you get near them on random occasions lol
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Tzeentch wrote:I liked it when I saw in one custom map blood for rain (separate RTS game), maybe some wind blowing through the trees moving leaves about. We need a really unusual map which makes no sense at all, like raining people or sweets then random stuff going on. Odd colours, really tall hills that are thin and massive craters with a little town. Oil drums that spawn close and move away when you get near them on random occasions lol
Maps without sense? Thats no problem for me. But in the last post i didn`t joke. Do you know for this raining/snowing "mod" ?
Type in : cheat on >>>Return
john kettley>>> Return

:D
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

montetank wrote:
vexed wrote: Don't forget to add, john kettley, for some extra snow & rain power! :D
Ok-we are joking, but have you ever thought about it? To implement the Kettley cheat (isn`t a cheat at all) as a visual effect? Could be switcht off and on in the graphics settings. Snow and rain could fall temporarily. For example, if the program detects snow-tiles then it could fall snow. In urban maps rain. I don`t want to start a new balance discussion about the influence of snow and rain. Just as an visual effect. I tested it-this Kettley cheat has no influence on the FPS. Just an idea.

PS. I am dreaming about fog
I suppose, but, I thought it did have an impact on FPS.
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

i can confirm windows 10 xbox recording (Win+G) is working with 3.1.2
haven't tried on master
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Ezio wrote:i can confirm windows 10 xbox recording (Win+G) is working with 3.1.2
haven't tried on master
Thanks for checking, it was on my TODO list.
Did you notice any framerate drops while it records?
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

vexed wrote: Did you notice any framerate drops while it records?
i don't see fps drops even when using high quality recording with 192kbps sound.
notable problem that there was background application called Broadcast DVR run when Warzone run it took about 1.3 - 2.5GB ram and 1-2% CPU (8 threads). (i could assume because of high quality recording)
my fps didn't seem to go higher than 30 with nvidia while intel HD3000 only half of it. (nvidia 353.62, intel 9.17.10.4229)
Afterburner does not run while game is on full screen but can run on windowed mode. (v411)