montetanks`s maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
montetank
Regular
Regular

Re: montetanks`s maps

Post by montetank »

When i try to put my last 8-player map Denveroil into the addon-section i have to read, that the map is rejected: "The map name on addons is not the map name inside the file. The map is called MyOil inside the wz archive." Hääh?? :hmm:
I cant understand this message-i follow as usual every rules. Thats my map and it costs me one day of work. Maybe someone want to explain me, whats going wrong here? My english is not so good-try it with easy words. What should i change?
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Code: Select all

$ unzip ~/Downloads/8c-Denveroil.wz 
Archive:  /home/noq/Downloads/8c-Denveroil.wz
  inflating: 8c-myoil.xplayers.lev   
   creating: multiplay/
   creating: multiplay/maps/
   creating: multiplay/maps/8c-myoil/
  inflating: multiplay/maps/8c-myoil.gam  
  inflating: multiplay/maps/8c-myoil/dinit.bjo  
  inflating: multiplay/maps/8c-myoil/droid.ini  
  inflating: multiplay/maps/8c-myoil/feat.bjo  
  inflating: multiplay/maps/8c-myoil/feature.ini  
  inflating: multiplay/maps/8c-myoil/game.map  
  inflating: multiplay/maps/8c-myoil/struct.bjo  
  inflating: multiplay/maps/8c-myoil/struct.ini  
  inflating: multiplay/maps/8c-myoil/ttypes.ttp
One does not simply rename a map. Compile the map again, with the name you want it to have. As far as i understand, sharing map from host to guests in multiplayer games relies on matching between physfs folder name and real file name.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

I will try it-thanks NoQ
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Large (220x220) 8-player map with a big city in a forest in the middle of the map. It is also possible to play 2vs2vs2vs2 or 4vs4. 4 oils and 4 trucks/base. 128 oil at the terrain = 20 oil/player. Advanced bases with light defense structures.
Have fun :)
Attachments
Forescityscreenshot2.png
minmap.PNG
minmap.PNG (268.09 KiB) Viewed 10223 times
8c-Forestcity.wz
(122.47 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Which reminds me how badly i want a white/grey themed clean skyscraper set for rockies :hmm:
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

think there's a lack of good quality urban maps,
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

NoQ wrote:Which reminds me how badly i want a white/grey themed clean skyscraper set for rockies :hmm:
Of course. It would be nice to have some undamaged buildings. So i often used the buliding nr. 12 or 2. Looks most undamaged.
Tzeentch wrote:think there's a lack of good quality urban maps,
The idea to combine the rockies with urban buildings is an old design-idea. This map has nothing to do with an urban map, except the skyscrapers :)
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Hello. My new map is a symmetrical 5-player map in Pentagonstyle. The map is very large (240x240) but the distance between the bases is only 80. 6 oils and 2 trucks/player + 60 oil/terrain + 7 oil/scavs = 19,4 oil/player. No need to panic, everything is okay. The snow is both-terrain AND cliffs. I used a little trick :wink:

Have fun
Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (450.83 KiB) Viewed 9795 times
minmap.png
minmap.png (152.51 KiB) Viewed 9795 times
5c-Pentagonscavs.wz
(66.6 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
montetank
Regular
Regular

9-player map

Post by montetank »

Hello WZ-fans,
i have noticed, there is no symmetrical 9-player map in the addons-section. So I create this map with the name Brooksrange (Alaska). The angles between the bases are set correctly. A rotation with the desired angle degree (40) has been performed. It is a very large map. So it is with --4oils and 2trucks/base+72 oil/map+4/scavs = 12,44 oil/player—a lowoil map (IMO). Normal bases. You will see: Once again the scavs will make you nervous :lol2:
Have fun
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (245.38 KiB) Viewed 9645 times
minmap.PNG
minmap.PNG (210.54 KiB) Viewed 9645 times
9c-BrooksRange.wz
(87.68 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

wz2100-20150110_105250-BrooksRange-T1.jpg
wz2100-20150110_105250-BrooksRange-T1.jpg (113.42 KiB) Viewed 9609 times
^ I like the way these mountains are painted. Also, good job with water-through-snow, a nice effect that's widely under-used.
a lowoil map (IMO)
Well, we do have a well-defined standard definition for that. For example, 4c-Valley is a really under-oiled, and we call it 'low', while by 'medium' we mean something around playable, say 2c-Startup, and by 'high' we mean a game in which you're more bothered by structure limits than by energy amounts. That's often not what is meant by low-oil or high-oil in forum discussions, but it's a quite sensible single standard which makes searching through the addons database easier.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Nice maps :)

I noticed you are using Art Revolution graphics but shaders are off. Is it due to an old graphics card or are they simply off by default? I ask because I want people to get the genuine Art Revolution Experience™.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Jorzi wrote:Nice maps :)

I noticed you are using Art Revolution graphics but shaders are off. Is it due to an old graphics card or are they simply off by default? I ask because I want people to get the genuine Art Revolution Experience™.
:augh: I forgot it. My default. I said to myself the whole time "Don`t forget the shaders for the screenshot". It`s very annoying.
Next map (tonight). I promise you.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

NoQ wrote:
wz2100-20150110_105250-BrooksRange-T1.jpg
^ I like the way these mountains are painted. Also, good job with water-through-snow, a nice effect that's widely under-used.
a lowoil map (IMO)
Well, we do have a well-defined standard definition for that. For example, 4c-Valley is a really under-oiled, and we call it 'low', while by 'medium' we mean something around playable, say 2c-Startup, and by 'high' we mean a game in which you're more bothered by structure limits than by energy amounts. That's often not what is meant by low-oil or high-oil in forum discussions, but it's a quite sensible single standard which makes searching through the addons database easier.
At first: Thanks for the compliments, NoQ. It Means a lot to me.

Ok-i understand. We need a standard in the addons section. I don`t want to start an unnecessary discussion about this illogical rules, because it is not so important.

Regards
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Hello WZ-Fans,
since i finished my career as a professional chessplayer, i have too much time to create more maps :D
Today: Ratisland (Alaska). A symmetric 3-player map, rotated in correct 120 angular degrees. With scavs and normal bases. And many features.
2 trucks and 4 oil/base + 13+3(scavs)/terrain= 9,33 oil/player
There is a lack of symmetric 3-player maps in the addonssection (3-4). So my next 2 maps will be 3-player maps.
Have fun

Regards
Attachments
Ratislandminmap.png
Ratislandminmap.png (314.15 KiB) Viewed 9414 times
minmap.PNG
minmap.PNG (69.37 KiB) Viewed 9414 times
3c-RatIsland.wz
(31.59 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Hello again,
Snow in Arizona? Yes-it is possible. For example in Flagstaff (Elevation 2100 m. And don`t forget the Lowell Observatory and the Naval Observatory-)
Thanks to NoQ, who gives me the idea, to change something with the tileset :)
So you will see in this Arizonamap not only snow, but also reflections and shadows from the mountains on the water, landslides … I had to place over 6000 tiles manually. Thanks again, NoQ :lol2:
It’s a 4-player map:
2 trucks and 4 oils in normal bases + 50oil/terrain = 16,5 oil/player. It is not to much oil, because the map is large (160x160).Try to play play against hard hover Nullbots. Next time i will create a nonsymmetric map. I`m sure it looks better with this ideas. Don`t forget to download the fantastic AR-mod viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9921 and download the map 4c-Fantastic" from NoQ. You can find the map in the addons section.
Have fun

Regards
Attachments
minmap.PNG
minmap.PNG (116.31 KiB) Viewed 9304 times
watch at the reflections on the water...
watch at the reflections on the water...
wz2100-20150124_004320-Flagstaff-T1.png (475.94 KiB) Viewed 9304 times
4c-Flagstaff.wz
(39.2 KiB) Downloaded 294 times