The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

3.1.2RC soft release

Post by Staff »

Hey Warzone fans,

We could use some help with releasing 3.1.2, so, we have made a soft release candidate (in name only) available for windows and linux courtesy of buildbot.
There is no official tag for this, this is 3.1, a tag will be made for 3.1.2 when that is released.
Sorry mac fans, we don't have a build for you at this time, we are always looking for people that can help in that department, but, as soon as one is made, we will host it!
All builds are available at http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/releases

NOTE: this build will be called version: 3.1 {commit version} and not 3.1.2RC since we did NOT make a tag for this.
for example, 3.1 67f5e85

This means branch 3.1 commit 67f5e85(which is the HEAD version as I write this)

This build should be what eventually 3.1.2 is, unless some game-breaking bugs are found, or data changes.
In other words, this version, and 3.1.2 will be compatible in every way.
Sorry, we have data changes in some built-in maps, so, the official release will not work with this build.
By game breaking bugs, we mean something that was changed, that wasn't supposed to have changed, NOT the bugs listed in our bug database.

Here is a list of the changes for this release.

The plan is to let people test this version for 15 or so days, then do the actual 3.1.2 release sometime before the end of the year.

Happy gaming!

--The Warzone 2100 Project Team
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 3.1.2RC soft release

Post by Staff »

*reserved* for updates.

NOTE: this build will be called version: 3.1 67f5e85 and not 3.1.2RC since we did NOT make a tag for this.
This is ONLY COSMETIC.

NOTE: Since we will have map (data) fixes, this build will NOT work with the official 3.1.2 release.

Mac builds are now available!
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
AK_ROSH
Greenhorn

Post by AK_ROSH »

Consider the issue http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/4257
Thanks.
warwolf79
New user

Post by warwolf79 »

Great, no more hosting games on my Mac until whenever, and no open games to join... :(
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

I have been told the problem with the lobby server vs the new version has been fixed. (not personally verified).

We will have Mac builds when someone with a Mac builds it. That is how it works.
Marc
New user

Post by Marc »

I can't host a game since 3.1.2RC. The suggestion to install 3.1.2RC is useless cause i have a Mac with 3.1.1
I don't understand why the lobby server block hosting for the official active version of WZ since the new one is only for... testing.

@stiv and no it doesn't work... verified ;-)
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

You can host 3.1.1 or '3.1.2RC' aka 3.1 67f5e85.
The bit about not hosted was a cache bug, you still are hosted, even though it says that.

Nobody is blocking that.
As for Mac people, until someone steps up to the plate, and makes builds, there is nothing we can do.
None of the devs have a mac, and unless someone wants to donate a mac to make builds, we are between a rock & a hard place. Apple will not allow us to have a buildbot for mac builds either, unless we have a mac. :(
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Staff wrote:
By game breaking bugs, we mean something that was changed, that wasn't supposed to have changed, NOT the bugs listed in our bug database.
Hello, i found some bugs in the key mappings, which i could not find in the bug database. Not breaking bugs, but i think you have to know that : The shortcut shift t= select all trucks does not work. Ctrl r does not work when the units are to far from the factories. In skirmish and in the campaign. I made some screenshots.

Regards
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Wolftrak
Trained
Trained

Post by Wolftrak »

I've been trying to build Warzone for Mac, but I guess the compile guide is outdated. Which version of Qt is needed?
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Wolftrak wrote:I've been trying to build Warzone for Mac, but I guess the compile guide is outdated. Which version of Qt is needed?
3.1 uses Qt 4.8 series, so, 4.8.6 would work. You just can't use Qt 5 on it.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Wolftrak
Trained
Trained

Post by Wolftrak »

But QJsonValue is not present in the 4.8.6. It first shows up in Qt 5.0.
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qjsonvalue.html
Am I missing something?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Building master branch?
Wolftrak
Trained
Trained

Post by Wolftrak »

NoQ wrote:Building master branch?
That explains it. I'll try to build the correct tag.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Wolftrak wrote:
NoQ wrote:Building master branch?
That explains it. I'll try to build the correct tag.
Remember, that once you get this working the official 3.1.2 release will be out before the end of the year.
(If you can get branch 3.1 working, then the tag of 3.1.2 will be trivial to do.)
We have not made a tag for that yet, there are still some things that need to be pushed before that happens.

We highly appreciate you for trying to help the mac community!
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Thanks to the hard work of forum member Wolftrak, we now have mac builds available for testing!

Note, because of some changes he had to do, the version numbers don't quite match up, however, since it was based off of 67f5e85, it still should work for MP.

You can find it at our releases linked above.