maps by NoQ

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
montetank
Regular
Regular

Re: maps by NoQ

Post by montetank »

Hello NoQ- I opened this fantastic map in flame and changed your great waterfalls with the water tiles. Ok-i get the information with this water triangle correction. But i think, we can ignore this information. It looks much better. What is your opinion? I want to post some maps here without the triangle correction. My experience: If the area is large enough, we need no triangle correction. And the water looks much better. Thanks for the map, NoQ :-)

Regards
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

It looks much better.
Just seabed color should have changed, making the water less greenish (not sure what you actually did), probably would look better, didn't try.
triangle correction
Has no effect in 3.1 (as there are no triangles).
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

I am speaking about the waves. I use Flame 1.29. the water looks very good- the water moves left and right. I can compile this maps without any problems. And afterwards i get the information with incorrect triangles. When i use the triangle-correction, the water looks dead. Sorry for my english, NoQ. I will send you your map with the other water in a PM tomorrow.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

When i use the triangle-correction,
nothing changes in-game, unless you're on 2.x.
Here is a screenshot of what it was supposed to fix.

P.S. Hint: afaik you can't attach files to PMs here.
It's ok to just put it into the thread.
magnum-81
New user

Post by magnum-81 »

по руски кто нибудь понемает??
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

3c-Toxic

A wide 3-player FFA map with non-standard tile types (screenshots).
Attachments
Toxic.png
Toxic.png (13.85 KiB) Viewed 13043 times
3c-Toxic.wz
(39.01 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

Tnx, I will give it a try. :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

3c-Fresh

A smaller, rocky mountains version of 3c-Toxic. Much closer to what i originally meant here (:

Screenshots [1] [2] - experimenting with richer rocky mountains cliff textures, now mixed with light-grey seabed(!) texture, which is actually very cool, but hard to find surrounding terrain to suit it.
Attachments
Fresh.png
Fresh.png (10.31 KiB) Viewed 12532 times
3c-Fresh-1-01.wz
(19.99 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
Last edited by NoQ on 08 Nov 2014, 06:56, edited 1 time in total.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

I like it! :)
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NoQ wrote:3c-Fresh

A smaller, rocky mountains version of 3c-Toxic. Much closer to what i originally meant here (:

Screenshots [1] [2] - experimenting with richer rocky mountains cliff textures, now mixed with light-grey seabed(!) texture, which is actually very cool, but hard to find surrounding terrain to suit it.
Is it me or toxic was a classic 21 tile per power ratio map, and you changed your mind and built a 14 tile per power ratio map instead ?

I was just saying on irc that the accuracy bug change in DPS would have that impact on map design lol. Isn't that make the traffic jam bugs even more obnoxious doe ?

edit : I also just noticed you might not want to reduce the lenght between base when shrinking the chokepoint. You might want to design more longer corridor in your map for 3.1 (if you are to lose time on that :annoyed: )
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Is it me or toxic was a classic 21 tile per power ratio map, and you changed your mind and built a 14 tile per power ratio map instead ?
Yeah, pretty much. Also, concave chokepoints are now even more concave. Moreover, oils were moved into an even more turtling position. So it's a deliberately very defensive map for long games. And i don't think that defensive games on a 80x80 map is really bad. That said, i've been defeated here by a tank army on howitzer phase once.

I'm not sure how exactly this works in FFA, when power would suddenly double up on one of the sides due to a temporary alliance against the strongest player (which would be the turtliest player), or death of one of the enemies (the biggest risk for a turtle who's not yet ready to come out). So i've no idea how to calculate power ratio - it might actually still be something along the lines of 28 (?)

P.S. Bugfix: add another generator per base (since we have 5 derricks), make wider borders (and scroll limits), fix misaligned lab on grey base, flatten base terrain a bit.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

NoQ wrote: 4c-TheParadigm

A single-player challenge for v3.1+, where you command the New Paradigm forces in a battle against the Project (and their sidekicks known as "the Venture"). You will have some scavengers on your side; they aren't very clever, but will provide a bit of distraction. The AI is based on NullBot v1.29 (MC, Hover and scavenger) with a few tweaks. This challenge is relatively easy, hardly took an hour for me to beat up.
I would like to see this challenge in the next 3.2 version. In 3.1 we have only 3 challenges. The paradigm is perfect. Your challenge Anchor is also very good. What is to be said against?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

We usually merge new content at around beta-testing phase, when all the new mechanisms to support it are already stable. Now is too early i think.
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

Played a bit of toxic map, its decent and simple. I've played a fair amount of games on it and they've never gone into T2. Mind you highly aggressive style is my thing. The games are short due to the small map and contesting oil derrikz. Other players do cyborg and MG rushes 99% of the time. I stuck with cannon -> hypervelocity

"A smaller, rocky mountains version of 3c-Toxic. Much closer to what i originally meant here (:" does this mean toxic is\should be replaced by fresh? I notice the oil derrick positions are slightly more and moved. I think we could do with more 3 player maps as we've got loads of others. Barely any good 3, 8-10 player maps and I've looked at them all...
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

does this mean toxic is\should be replaced by fresh?
Not really, they're very different. And in fact, games may be longer on Fresh than on Toxic (assuming FFA diplomacy is played out properly). But yeah, we need more three-player maps.