Hosting game PORT 2100

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
GAMENDUSER
Rookie
Rookie

Hosting game PORT 2100

Post by GAMENDUSER »

Whilst I am able to join game, I am not allowed to host games because of port 2100.

I tried from some free wifi sites and it works perfectly, but when if I use the ISP from home it says:

No UPnP device was found. You must manually configure your router & firewall to open port 2100 before you can host a game.

I tried even through my mobile ISP using hotspot tethered on my android but still the same problem.

Unfortunately I cannot change settings as I do not own the ISP at home, I am just a guest through an ISP of someone else.

So, am trying to use the ISP of my neighbour , though he is asking:

The 2100 port used by Warzone is TCP, UDP, or both? :?: :?:

Thanks for any help :!: :!: :!:
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Hosting game PORT 2100

Post by vexed »

TCP.

Which mobile ISP you have, and what device is it exactly ? I am assuming USB or something ?
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
GAMENDUSER
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GAMENDUSER »

Thanks for replying Vexed!

I am using an Android phone connecting with the computer through wifi (no USB, no bluetooth). The ISP works perfectly for email, web browsing, youtube, Skype, whatsapp and so on, although it doesn't work for warzone :-(
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Hmm, so, your phone is acting like a hotspot, since you don't have a wireless router ?
It should be possible to port forward port 2100, though, you don't mention the specific program you are using to do this.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
GAMENDUSER
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GAMENDUSER »

Thanks again Vexed!

Yes, I am using the Android phone as a hotspot.

From my understanding, there is no specific program to mention, it is embedded in the android, I have not downloaded any specific program for this.

Am using Android 4.0.4, then in Settings -> Tethering & portable hotspot -> Portable Wi-Fi hotspot

Just it! - The connection between phone and computer works fine as I can surf with browser, use my email program, I can even use ftp clients… but do not work with WZ :-(
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

While I can't try this... https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .net&hl=en might be able to help.

Says no root is required...
GAMENDUSER
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GAMENDUSER »

Thanks again… just wondering, this is a Port Forwarder app… so, how should I handle its settings?

I mean, I can put port 2100 as incoming port, although which port should I state as port target device??

Maybe you mean "no root is required", so I can leave blank the port target device…? :roll:
GAMENDUSER
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GAMENDUSER »

Tried… it does not work… still the same message:

No UPnP device was found. You must manually configure your router & firewall to open port 2100 before you can host a game.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Well, if you can forward port 2100 to your computer... it should work.
While UPnP may say it failed (since the android don't support UPnP it seems), it still could work once that port is forwarded.
GAMENDUSER
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GAMENDUSER »

Thanks Vexed…

I do not know if the problem is the port or the UPnP or both… that is the error message I get when I use my landline ISP or the ISP through Android or the ISP through Android using the port forwarder… exactly the same message.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

The port is the problem.
GAMENDUSER
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GAMENDUSER »

stiv wrote:The port is the problem.
Thanks Stiv, it means the problem is not UPnP… and any further help?
dedodgingese
New user

Post by dedodgingese »

im receiving the same error and seeking help! what can i do to help?
himanshu
New user

Post by himanshu »

GAMENDUSER wrote:Thanks again… just wondering, this is a Port Forwarder app… so, how should I handle its settings?

I mean, I can put port 2100 as incoming port, although which port should I state as port target device??

Maybe you mean "no root is required", so I can leave blank the port target device…? :roll:

it showing not able to connect with lobby server that my problam
Pennywell
New user

Post by Pennywell »

Same problem, did either of you above figure out how to fix?