Designed vehicles disappearing

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Snake490
New user

Designed vehicles disappearing

Post by Snake490 »

Hi,
I recently downloaded and installed this game but discovered that when i quit the game and load a save my designed vehicles aren't in the build menu.

They are still in the design vehicle menu but i must delete them and re-design them in order for me to produce them in a factory.
I remember playing this game some time back and not having this issue.

I was wondering if there is a way to fix this because it's annoying to have to re-design a vehicle every time i log back in especially since i like this game and the ability to design your own units.

Any help in fixing this would be appreciated.
Frogmorton
Trained
Trained

Re: Designed vehicles disappearing

Post by Frogmorton »

<MeToo>Yeah, I have found this occurring frequently in 3.1.1.</MeToo>

Is this a known bug? I am getting variations of this when loading saved games, some of the blueprints are visible in factories and many aren't. Most recently in the middle of a campaign round in 3.1.1, my VTOLs all disappear from factories, and I have to delete em and design again.
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

Strange thing. Never saw that by myself. I saw, btw, something similar. A factory that produces invisible/non existent units. :?
TrueNubin
New user

Post by TrueNubin »

I have something very similar I've loaded up and the units I'm currently building are in the factory menu but if I click on them it cancels one of that production it the build number is on the opposite side of the picture so I'm guessing it's ment to edit what your building with out taking all of them off but at least knowing I can reset the design means it's not a broken game :p
byronpk
New user

Post by byronpk »

Snake490 wrote:Hi,
I recently downloaded and installed this game but discovered that when i quit the game and load a save my designed vehicles aren't in the build menu.

They are still in the design vehicle menu but i must delete them and re-design them in order for me to produce them in a factory.
I remember playing this game some time back and not having this issue.

I was wondering if there is a way to fix this because it's annoying to have to re-design a vehicle every time i log back in especially since i like this game and the ability to design your own units.

Any help in fixing this would be appreciated.
I'm having the exact same problem on my game, running on Mac OS X 10.10.1 on a 2014 MacBook Air, has anyone figured anything out about this yet?
shoeib
New user

Post by shoeib »

I recently installed v3.1.5 and I have the same problem. after loading the game a few time during a mission all vehicles disappear from factory menu
I see the posts are dated 2014!
There is really no fix?
Original Warzone didn't have this problem.

Thanks
shoeib
New user

Post by shoeib »

This is so annoying. Now the designs disappear every time I load a savegame!

Can't use 3.2beta2 either cause the savegames are not compatible. :((
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

The unit design templates get wiped out when you play a game that doesn't allow one of your template designs.

This seems to occur under two scenarios.

1. One of your design templates has a weapon that is only available in multiplayer/skirmish and then you load a campaign game that doesn't allow that item. I'm not sure of the exact circumstances but this usually happens when you save templates in a skirmish game and then load a saved campaign game in which the skirmish template technology hasn't been made available yet.

2. A multiplayer mod that disallows certain items is in conflict with one of your templates. The no artillery mod is the most prominent example. If you have an artillery-type droid saved in your design template and then attempt to play a no artillery modded game, all of your template designs get wiped out.

The best thing to do is to make a backup copy of your templates file. It's located under My Documents/Warzone.

Most players who frequently play the NoArty mod have two template files, one for NoArty and one normal. These players have backup copies of both templates file and know/remember to change them before playing a NoArty game.
Passerby
New user

Post by Passerby »

Third scenario:

Freshly installed game. No multiplayer or skirmishes played, no previous saves, no previous templates. Playing campaign. Everything's fine, then everything disappears from factories. If something was being built, it gets to finish, then maybe it will disappear too, or maybe sometimes it will remain. Or worse, a slot for it will remain and something else will be in that slot. Oh, and the templates themselves don't get wiped, they just don't propagate to your factories from the design view. Well, except the recent bug with the command turret, where the design never gets saved.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Passerby wrote:Third scenario:

Freshly installed game. No multiplayer or skirmishes played, no previous saves, no previous templates. Playing campaign. Everything's fine, then everything disappears from factories. If something was being built, it gets to finish, then maybe it will disappear too, or maybe sometimes it will remain. Or worse, a slot for it will remain and something else will be in that slot. Oh, and the templates themselves don't get wiped, they just don't propagate to your factories from the design view. Well, except the recent bug with the command turret, where the design never gets saved.
I've never experienced that before. The only time I've seen production cleared from the factories is when the droid that is being produced is opened or viewed in the design menu. In other words, if you view a droid or template in the design menu, it will instantly disappear from all the factories that are currently producing it.
Passerby
New user

Post by Passerby »

That also sounds pretty bad. I haven't seen that one yet, but I never paid enough attention, so maybe I have experienced that as well. Still, what I'm describing is what happens in 3.2.0, but the OP is from 2014 and I've seen people talking about it even earlier than that. The description matches 100%. This is pretty much core functionality being broken. Can't build a truck? An easy way to lose the game.

Here's a stab in the dark. Are you on Linux? Maybe this is a Windows-only problem.