Units under a commander

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
Pangaea
Trained
Trained

Units under a commander

Post by Pangaea »

Have started to play this game again and have played through the alpha campaign, but early in beta I lost a few units, for example one fairly high-leveled mortar (veteran/professional). Didn't notice until much later, so can't go back and re-do it. Reading about experience in the wayback-ed guide, I see that units will have the benefits of their commander if the commander has a higher level than themselves. Doesn't this kind of make promotions pointless as long as the commander is high-leveled? You could have a bunch of greens under a Hero commander, and they'd all have good bonuses. Is that correct?

I am thinking of making a new commander and using him with the bombards. Does this work okay or will they act weirdly due to the commander not being artillery himself and thus often being unable to hit the targets?

Have had them in a group so far, but it would be nice to get the added accuracy and armor bonuses with a decent-leveled commander.
Pangaea
Trained
Trained

Re: Units under a commander

Post by Pangaea »

Thanks. So green units under a hero commander (for example) would have hero bonuses. Nice.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Re: Units under a commander

Post by ClockWork »

Also note, that you can attach artillery to a sensor tank, and this unit will rack up the kills that the artillery tanks destroy. You can then recycle your sensor into a commander when it's experience reaches acceptable levels.