I Have some ideas I like to see

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Re: I Have some ideas I like to see

Post by iceman11a »

Hesterax wrote::lecture: The research tree is one of the best parts of warzone 2100 since there are numerous research each for different purposes and strategies so the only problem is choosing and memorizing the different research paths.
Yes, That's true and I still think it's a pain in the butt. The reason is that it takes too long to research items. When your playing a game and your playing against a nullbot. They cheat, The can research faster then you can, This is why I lose 90% of the games I play. As I start a new game. I have to start research right a way. That's when I run out of power and have to wait. Not even 10 minutes into the game. I'm getting attacked. I don't even have the units to stop them. I was thinking it would be great to add a Trading post. Where for every kill I get I make money from it. Then I can use that money to buy from the Trading Post. Armor upgrades and new weapons. I wish there was a video tutorial to show us just how to start a game and play.

The only way I can win a game to to set the nullbot on easy and build a lot of units when the game starts and save my power for just building units. When I have the units to fight the nullbot I'm fighting against. The problem is I can't do research. I can't upgrade my units.
If research didn't take so long. I mite be able to play other then easy. The research can take minutes to complete. and I never have the time.
The Overlord
Trained
Trained

Post by The Overlord »

The trick is to balance research and unit output. Once you figure out how to produce a good number of units while researching decently will you be able to beat the nullbot. For me, in low oil I tend to only use 2-3 factories for producing units at a time and 2-3 research centers as well (I tend to only focus on 1-2 weapons in research - one anti-tank and one anti-cyborg). Also, I only produce 2-4 extra trucks, depending on the map size and oil placement. As for tutorials, I'd visit NoQ's youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/haoNoQ Lots of good stuff there.
Warzone 2100 is love, life.
Member of the BDC clan and adept at multiplayer battles. Feel free to PM me questions about multiplayer.
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Post by iceman11a »

Thanks, What I do is try and take over any oil rigs I see that are close to me, So that I can produce more power. I create just 9 trucks. and do research on 3 items. Mostly just upgrades and Armor. If I don't. The nullbot will send some thing over that's a lot better then what I have and over run my base. In side 30 minutes after game starts. If I don't have 30 plus units and robots the nullbot will over run my base. In the mean time I have to try and protect any oil rigs I have and the power i make. I try and get 3 power generators running in the 1st 20 minutes from start. If I don't. I'll lose the game. I can't make enough units and they will over run my base.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Ahhh, NoQs YouTube videos. I've already watched them a few weeks ago, taught me a few things that I could improve on in my strategy. I loved the rush tactic since then.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

When your playing a game and your playing against a nullbot. They cheat, The can research faster then you can, This is why I lose 90% of the games I play. As I start a new game.
No, they don't.
Nexus still cheats, but NullBot doesn't do anything you cannot do.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

NoQ wrote:…, but NullBot doesn't do anything you cannot do.
Not completely true, since NullBot is able to play 10 random team games in a row without even once complaining about allies that don't know how to build factory modules.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

NullBot is able to play 10 random team games in a row without even once complaining about allies that don't know how to build factory modules
It's just because 3.1 does not provide necessary API XD
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Cyp wrote:Not completely true, since NullBot is able to play 10 random team games in a row without even once complaining about allies that don't know how to build factory modules.
Heheh. Maybe we need to incorporate a speech synthesizer for some automated bot-whining.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

I'm wondering how this topic suddenly changed focus to Nullbots.....
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

topic suddenly changed focus
Welcome to the forums :3
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Hmmm... :stare: Thanks for the welcome. :wink:
technician
Rookie
Rookie

Post by technician »

iceman11a wrote:3) You have water in the missions. the only thing you have is a hover craft. How about a seaport. When it is built boats and water craft are built from the seaport. the boats can attack ground and water related targets. The Seaport can only be built on water ONLY. The boats can return to the seaport for repairs and so on. refueling stations can be built all so.
I totally agree. Sea units would add a new dimension to the game, although most maps out there already would be unsuitable for the concept. Still, if that was added, map makers would begin to appreciate it and make maps where sea units would work tactically.

To add to your suggestion, there should be a landing craft sea unit, so you can transport land units around and make amphibious landings. That, I think would add some extra value to campaign games.
MrUnknown
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrUnknown »

technician wrote: I totally agree. Sea units would add a new dimension to the game, although most maps out there already would be unsuitable for the concept. Still, if that was added, map makers would begin to appreciate it and make maps where sea units would work tactically.

There is actually a ship model in the game's files. you need to use the giveall cheat to get the ship body :D
w3 4r3 31337 h4x0rs
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

MrUnknown wrote:technician wrote: I totally agree. Sea units would add a new dimension to the game, although most maps out there already would be unsuitable for the concept. Still, if that was added, map makers would begin to appreciate it and make maps where sea units would work tactically.

There is actually a ship model in the game's files. you need to use the giveall cheat to get the ship body :D
True though I dislike the concept of fuel on the units. This would limit the range of the ships and therefore limit the use of ships even further during large aquatic maps. I would prefer sticking to repair and rearming, similar to VTOL's. I doubt that adding ships to the game would be that hard since going over water is possible with the hover craft. If this is going to be added to the game I would suggest building of the hover propulsion. :)
MrUnknown
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrUnknown »

Yes! but then... we would have to re-make the ENTIRE tech tree just to get the technologies for,against and weapons for ships,which would be kinda expensive. Supply Areas too,would need to be researched,and research for the yard etc.etc. Other Aircraft (not sure if im going off topic here) would also need weapon research,tech tree,armor and other stuff and it will just simply said: take too much time. you need to CODE all of that,and you need to make models,sounds etc. :augh:
w3 4r3 31337 h4x0rs