How to increase truck speed?

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
bulrush
Trained
Trained

How to increase truck speed?

Post by bulrush »

WZ 3.1.1

How do I speed up only my builder trucks, on wheels and hovercraft by tweaking some files?
Last edited by bulrush on 07 Apr 2014, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
themac
Trained
Trained

Re: How to increase truck speed?

Post by themac »

Do the researches for the engine upgrades. :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

That's modding, not scripting.

There's a generic hardcoded formula (see betaguide) for droid speed, based on weight, propulsion, engine upgrades, terrain type and slope.

Now, wheeled and hover trucks already run at propulsion maximum speed (unless their body is chosen to be really heavy). It means that you can easily decrease truck speed by increasing turret weight in construction.txt, but you can't increase it without increasing propulsion max speed, and once you do, all other droids would run at different speed as well, and you'll never have them as they were, no matter what you tweak (eg. they should no longer be running at max speed, to be slower than trucks, so they'll start being affected by engine upgrades).

themac: i guess you realized by now that truck speed is not affected by engine upgrades (they're already at propulsion speed limit).
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

So does it affect war units only? That was new to me. O.o
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

NoQ wrote:

Now, wheeled and hover trucks already run at propulsion maximum speed (unless their body is chosen to be really heavy).

themac: i guess you realized by now that truck speed is not affected by engine upgrades (they're already at propulsion speed limit).
Thats right (until python) also for half-tracks. For tracks engine upgrade makes a minimal change in speed. The first change for wheeled trucks begins on tiger-body.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

affect war units only
No.
There exist both tanks that aren't affected by engine upgrades and trucks that are, depending on their body and propulsion.