Challenge: No Place To Hide

For challenge discussions and reports
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Re: Challenge: No Place To Hide

Post by Hesterax »

Really, I thought 0.3 was the slowest possible.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
baobab
Rookie
Rookie

Post by baobab »

Normally speed in in range 0,3 and 1,5. But on this map you can go from 0,0001 to 40 or 100 if you can't, try reload save
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Blabla-it is not possible to win this challenge. I dont want to sound arrogant.... but i am one of the most experienced campaign - players and one of the best challenge players. There is no way to solve this challenge. Show me a save game, how you win No place to hide. I want to learn. I am open for new ideas. :hmm:
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
baobab
Rookie
Rookie

Post by baobab »

As I suspect witch out save always are people with doubts, I sold tip how to make it, and you did not try it , becose when you try it you will know how big advance you can get witch speed down. I start this post becose you this is really heavy mission even you know how, and winning there is wortch mention. Later when I get to home I will put here some of this save, special for campaign heroes.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

It is not allowed to save challenges. Doesnt work . If you save the challenges you will win every-time. For example also the great challenge anchor from NoQ. To reduce the speed change nothing. Tell me your strategy. I am a very bad player. I want to learn. Oil-derricks in the middle? Walls? How do you handle with the vtols? OOOh - i see-you reduce the speed-so you have more research-time. Come on- you are joking here. There is no player here, who win this challenge. I am one of the best. Show me the save-game. Version you play? 3.1 rc3 ?
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

I admit not having ever taken this challenge that seriously, and I admit I am not a really good player. But according to all the posts in this thread, all tactics do not seem to work; Rushing, Turtling, offensive builds, defensive builds, etc. Some sort of super computer AI from 45 years into the future with nanosecond precision could possibly beat it, but I doubt that this is really humanly feasible, at least not to anyone who has played this game.

Anyway I must say; you have pretty high tolerance playing a whole game with that game speed. I doubt anyone can do that and still remained focused. Of course, that is unless that was only in parts of the game, but then, how did your mind adapt to the changes in speed?
baobab
Rookie
Rookie

Post by baobab »

The screen on the left there is a clock :). The center of the map is my oil on the highlands is within range. Now I have to build more heavy-guns on the walls. computer still has advantage in the research, so if something does appear, is really heavy armed. and then finishing as I want: cyborgs gun, mortar, cobra lancer, or ripple
Attachments
wz2100-20140308_181742-Sk-MizaMaze.jpg
wz2100-20140308_180727-Sk-MizaMaze.jpg
wz2100-20140308_180648-Sk-MizaMaze.jpg
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Ok-but where is your defense against the vtols? Are you sure, that you never save the game? Which version do you play? Its an important question. When i play this challenge in 3.1 rc3 and save/load the game, the vtols are not existent.
baobab
Rookie
Rookie

Post by baobab »

Computer on position 2 after a few minutes will send two VTOL. I have more reason to upgrade base defense against base 1. I reached there at the end. So I had no time to block it entirely. he will send Tiger heavy canon, and this one makes splash damage inside walls
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Do you get montetank's question on which version of Warzone 2100 do you use?
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

baobab wrote:Normally speed in in range 0,3 and 1,5. But on this map you can go from 0,0001 to 40 or 100 if you can't, try reload save
Not true. 0,0001 is possible. All speeds over 1,5 are only possible if you use some cheats. :?
baobab
Rookie
Rookie

Post by baobab »

yes, right , i can slow down to 0,001 , my mistake when writing , sometimes i want edit back my posts , but it is TOO LATE, if you show me way how to do it, i will be happy to correct all what leads to misunderstanding. Some people say that slowing game is dirty trick. let me explain. If i want build tower , i mast waist:
-0,5 s to make decision
-0,5 s click on mini map to display right place
-0,5 use F3 key
-1 s choose tabs
-1 s pick up right tower
-0,5 s go to screen
-1,5 s put it in to right title
so every time i need most less 3,5 s to build one thing , and how many time need your processor to calculate this for 100 structures ???
when time slows down i can manege all 15 truck with 98 % effectiveness like 7 computers with 15 truck , and i can react on every event on every tank coming in like computer , i have time to develop solution ,truly human solution , and not act like stupid man with same routine , more like advanced script than human.
I have keys to go faster with time and slower, Sometime i go to 0,030 and back to 0,002,
The version of warzone2100 was 3.0 or may be some rc . at this time i don't care about that. POINT IS IN WARZONE2100-3.1 I CAN SAVE AND LOAD, MAKE TIME FASTER AND SLOW , AND THERE ARE NOT CHEATING, only advance is after loading i know what kind of attack come, and when i decide thet all option i try fail , AND THAT HAPPEN MANY TIMES, sorry mama i have to start map again not from load, and squeeze out all oils , and be even more expensive neighborfor computer
baobab
Rookie
Rookie

Post by baobab »

OK edit option is visible after login by your message corner up right .
I check how looks sped up down option in wz 3.1 . So if you start any game from skirmish include challenge yo can change speed from 1,5 to 0,001 even you can stop game. if you load game skirmish you are able to go with speed from 100 to 0,001 even stop. Campaign hes limit from 1,5 to 0,001 even stop. so simple.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

baobab wrote: Some people say that slowing game is dirty trick.
To slown down the speed is ok. No Problem. But you wrote, it is possible to speed up and i thought you cheated. I have to test tonight again this challenge with 3,1 rc3. Last time (i played one year ago)-after save/load i saw, that nothing happend. Most of the enemys were sitting at their bases and they did nothing. Also no vtols. Maybe something changes. I will give you more informations tommorow.
Sorry for my english.

Greetings.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

montetank wrote:
baobab wrote: Some people say that slowing game is dirty trick.
To slown down the speed is ok. No Problem. But you wrote, it is possible to speed up and i thought you cheated. I have to test tonight again this challenge with 3,1 rc3. Last time (i played one year ago)-after save/load i saw, that nothing happend. Most of the enemys were sitting at their bases and they did nothing. Also no vtols. Maybe something changes. I will give you more informations tommorow.
Sorry for my english.

Greetings.
Off topic but I think that you are supposed to say greetings first, what you just did was say hello as goodbye.

Just saying. :)