Trucks getting stuck

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
tailkinker
New user

Trucks getting stuck

Post by tailkinker »

On occasion (and all the time on maps with diagonally-placed resources) a truck will get stuck. Sometimes, nothing you can do will get it free. On such occasions, I have no choice but to abandon the truck (and be down one due to the limits on trucks) or switch on cheats and blow it up. But if I do the latter, I get accusatory messages.

I think that, on the vehicle options tab (The one you get when you press 0), there should be an option to scuttle a vehicle. I kind of wonder why there isn't such anyway, but it would allow me to deal with the above problem.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Re: Trucks getting stuck

Post by Hesterax »

Do you get your trucks stuck due to them being stuck in between buildings that you built (because then you can demolish the building itself, had to do it few time before :wink: ) or getting them in between choke holds and the maps natural landscape, if so how did you get it stuck in the first place O_o ?
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
technician
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Trucks getting stuck

Post by technician »

I agree that there could be an option to scuttle a unit, however you can fairly easily do so anyway. In this situation, (eg you need to blow up a truck) try selecting a combat unit (one that has a weapon), hover your mouse over your truck you want to destroy, and hold down the "alt" key. This should change your cursor to a "target" much like you would automatically see if you hovered your mouse over an enemy unit. You can now click your truck you don't want, and the combat unit/s you selected will proceed to engage it until it is destroyed or you give it another order.

Try it! Any combat unit can be ordered to engage a friendly unit/structure so long as you are the owner of that unit/structure. You cannot use this method to engage your allies units/structures, however.