I Have some ideas I like to see

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

I Have some ideas I like to see

Post by iceman11a »

I been playing warzone for about 3 weeks and I like this game. I have some ideas and maybe some big fixes all so. I'm not sure.

1) helos would be a great add on, The Comanche and Other helos would be so cool. They could fire rockets and helfires. All so bombers. 2 or 3 types of large bombers can be built from the Heloport. When Bombers are built. They fly real high, So the player never sees them. The player clicks on the Heloport and clicks on one of the bombers. and then the player can pick a target.

The bomber can only bomb one target at a time. It needs 6 1/2 minutes to be able to start a bomb run.
This unit does require a lot of power.

2) Missile Launchers. Missiles are used for long range. They can be used to take out targets like tanks and bots. They can't be use to take out Power Stations or Factories. This item requires a rearming unit. The unit sees that the Launchers is loaded and ready to fire. If the rearming unit gets destroyed. The Launcher blows up. All so a radar tower needs to be added for this item. Each radar unit is a radar that is required for the launcher. When a enemy unit enters the radar field of view. The launcher fires. Friendly units show as blue and enemy units show as red, Radar range upgrades, Only 2 upgrades. 1st upgrade is 1000 meters. and the 2nd upgrade is 2000 meter range. When the player clicks on the radar tower. The player sees units in the radars field of view. It looks just like a radar system you see in a real control tower in a air port.

3) You have water in the missions. the only thing you have is a hover craft. How about a seaport. When it is built boats and water craft are built from the seaport. the boats can attack ground and water related targets. The Seaport can only be built on water ONLY. The boats can return to the seaport for repairs and so on. refueling stations can be built all so.

4)
Construction Units.
These units are bigger and can be use to build things like Bridges. Docks, and Supply Stations.
These units generate there own power. How ever they need 1500 % of power for the player to build this unit.
Once the unit is built, The player can get them to build Bridges. Over water or over Hill tops. Docks on the beaches for resupplying Boats and refueling and all so rearming units.

Supply Stations. (IMPORTANT) If the player has the unit build a Supply Station. This changes game play. Helos bring supplies in and drop them on the Supply Station. After that box trucks move out to deliver supplies to each base. I Supply Yard has to be built on every base built to get supplies. If the trucks are destroyed before the reach the base. Power drops. For every truck that reaches the Supply Yard. the base gets extra power and Research is done 5x faster.

Bug report, I'm not sure about this one. It looks like when I do research. I'm researching the same item over and over again, More then 3 times. Doing this just takes too much power, I can see researching it one time. Just not over one time. Sample. The Wall that I can build. I have research this more then one time. If the walls I'm researching is an upgrade, Then you need to change the color. So that it doesn't look the same. It does look like I researching the same thing over and over again.
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Re: I Have some ideas I like to see

Post by richard14110 »

All of your suggestions are supported by me.
Last edited by richard14110 on 16 Jan 2014, 03:41, edited 1 time in total.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

Missile launchers are already supported? Archangel battery are missiles are they not?
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

iceman11a wrote:… 1st upgrade is 1000 meters. and the 2nd upgrade is 2000 meter range. …
That's a range of almost 5 frisbee throws, after the 2nd upgrade, not sure what that is in game units, though.
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Post by iceman11a »

Rommel wrote:Missile launchers are already supported? Archangel battery are missiles are they not?
They are, Not what I wanted. The idea is they look like missiles. and fire like Missiles. This would be a platform that a unit stands on. and loads the Missiles. Each Launcher would have 3 Missiles that would fire. and then have to be loaded again.
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Post by iceman11a »

Cyp wrote:
iceman11a wrote:… 1st upgrade is 1000 meters. and the 2nd upgrade is 2000 meter range. …
That's a range of almost 5 frisbee throws, after the 2nd upgrade, not sure what that is in game units, though.
For the range. The 1st range limit is 500 meters. The 2nd Upgrade is 1000 meters. and last 2000 meters. A grid will have to be used to tell how big the layout is and then base the size of the layout. 1000 meters would more then likely be only 25% of the layout. 2000 meters would be 60% of the layout.
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Post by iceman11a »

richard14110 wrote:All of your suggestions are supported by me.
Richard, Thanks I just wish they would add them, It would be so cool.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

The games been around for 14 years and over that span there's never been a dearth of cool ideas, which recently member anonim17465 has done a splendid job of starting to aggregate into a coherent and useful thread called "List of known suggestions (check this first)" (Admin might consider pinning this puppy). Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11495

As always, where the harrowing shortfall lies is not in ideas but in folks willing and able to implement them, choosing one over another, so as to begin the essential process of beginning to test each idea's viability within the dynamic context of all else that already constitutes the whole of this working game.

stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

there's never been a dearth of cool ideas
Yeah, what Rman said! But this situation is not unique to Warzone. It applies to virtually all Open Source projects. Good ideas are cheap and easy to produce. Actual working code is something else entirely and requires a lot of effort. That, in a nut shell, is the reason for the disparity between Features As Ideas and Features In-Game.
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Post by iceman11a »

Yes, I know. Coding in a pain, I code my self in c# and it's ok., some times. Just not all the time. I know my ideas will never be added. I guess it was just a dream.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Dreams are good. You have to start somewhere. Just don't let that be the end of it.
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Post by iceman11a »

Well like I said above. The ideas we have are all good ideas. Just getting the coders and programmers to add them in is another story. If I coded in c++ I would give a hand with the coding and mask WZ2100 even better and a lot more fun then what it is now.

It's just has a lot of bugs that need to be fixed. I have a new post to post. About using the sensors.
richard14110
Trained
Trained

Post by richard14110 »

There are already "sensor" ideas posted by Rommel and I.

1. Click viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11531 to view my suggestion.

2. Click viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11491 to check Rommel's idea.
Last edited by richard14110 on 16 Jan 2014, 03:41, edited 2 times in total.
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Post by iceman11a »

Richard, Thanks. How ever that's not what I was thinking. See from the doc's I been reading. I should be able to attach a artillery to an senor. I have not been able to figure that out. The idea is that when I play just me and another nullbot. It shots a lot farther then I can. and it sucks. It take me longer to advance.

The problem is that research takes too long. and there's too many items that have to be researched. There's items that I haven't seen yet. I have only research 5 items at a time. So that some thing else that sucks.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

:lecture: The research tree is one of the best parts of warzone 2100 since there are numerous research each for different purposes and strategies so the only problem is choosing and memorizing the different research paths.