3.1.1 RC 3 is now available

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.

How do you like the MP balance changes so far ?

Just right.
17%
Good enough.
33%
Still needs work (explain)
28%
I still have no clue about the balance changes.
22%

Total votes: 18

Dramateo
New user

Re: 3.1.1 RC 3 is now available

Post by Dramateo »

Now simple niddle guns are very beast weapon, who first be have - almost always win tank battle.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well i think it'd be best if we just delete bad maps *and* throw a warning in game setup screen (similar to those new upnp warnings) (?)
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

NoQ wrote:Well i think it'd be best if we just delete bad maps *and* throw a warning in game setup screen (similar to those new upnp warnings) (?)
I am not sure if it is such a thing to worry about, but deleting without a warning could be "bad form"? Could there be like a "sin bin" directory whereby instead of deleting the map, the map is moved there and not parsed anymore. In all likelihood the infringing map is completely useless, but is there a chance that someone creating a new map could be testing and unwittingly throw this error (or somehow a malfunction could cause legitimate maps to be deleted) and have their work deleted - I am quite ignorant of the map making process, just wondering if this could be an issue, that's all.

As one that programs a bit I have found that it is best not to delete things unless the client is made completely aware of what is happening and is warned beforehand.
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

I am very hesitant of deleting any files, and since this processing is done pretty much when the game starts, you can't even get to the console of any sort to show on screen like we do with the UPnP stuff. So, I decided to do this:
Badmaps2.PNG
Badmaps2.PNG (21.14 KiB) Viewed 20535 times
This means, that the dialog in the other message can still happen, and in that case, it IS a fatal error (game must exit), since, that should never happen.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole WarzoneπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

What actually happens when you SIGKILL the game while downloading a map from an mp host?
If no corrupted map archives are produced that way, then probably it's fine to crash (:

Also we can always store messages in a buffer and display some later ... maybe in main menu screen, similarly to how mod list is shown (?)
CDR Gantradies
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CDR Gantradies »

hey, sorry if this is going off on a tangent, but ive been having an issue when trying to play multiplayer games online with a few of my friends, and im unsure if its something up in the game, or with my/their connections. ive told em to submit bug reports if it happens again, but basically, for no apparent reason, the game just crashed about 15 minutes into to their (first) game ( against AI with me allied). could it be a connection thing? (posting this on the off chance that's its a problem that you guys have heard about with router settings or some-such, next time it happens we're uploading logs to a ticket?)
also, nice! just came onto the site again yesterday for the first time in months and saw you were hurtling towards a new stable version!
:::Roses are red...::

::Violets are blue::

::I am schizophrenic::

::And so am I::
CDR Gantradies
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CDR Gantradies »

NoQ wrote:What actually happens when you SIGKILL the game while downloading a map from an mp host?
If no corrupted map archives are produced that way, then probably it's fine to crash (:

Also we can always store messages in a buffer and display some later ... maybe in main menu screen, similarly to how mod list is shown (?)
oh, teh problem seems to be fixedt, and also, NULLBOT IS CURRENTLY A MONSTER! we got curb-stomped by a single Nullbot ai!

CDR Gantradies
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CDR Gantradies »

i mean that in a good way, of course! challenging without feeling unfair right now. we were going flat out when we hit problems with our power supply that slowed our research progress a LITTLE bit to long, and we got outteched

Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

vexed wrote:I am very hesitant of deleting any files, and since this processing is done pretty much when the game starts, you can't even get to the console of any sort to show on screen like we do with the UPnP stuff.
How about to move those "corrupted" maps to special folder , "_corruptedfiles"(prelaunch check for "bad" files). And dont stop warzone from launching ? So newbies wont spam tickets & posts\topics ? :geek:
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Terminator wrote:
vexed wrote:I am very hesitant of deleting any files, and since this processing is done pretty much when the game starts, you can't even get to the console of any sort to show on screen like we do with the UPnP stuff.
How about to move those "corrupted" maps to special folder , "_corruptedfiles"(prelaunch check for "bad" files). And dont stop warzone from launching ? So newbies wont spam tickets & posts\topics ? :geek:
vexed wrote: ... We can't copy it or rename/ move it, so we leave it up to the user.
As in, physfs doesn't have (built-in) copy / rename support for that.
For the latter part, already changed it so it throws up a POPUP dialog, so, that should help more.
NoQ wrote:What actually happens when you SIGKILL the game while downloading a map from an mp host?
You're saying people are quitting before the download is finished ? :hmm:
Maybe if it was 1-2 files, but what happens when you have 5-100+ ?
CDR Gantradies wrote:hey, sorry if this is going off on a tangent, but ive been having an issue when trying to play multiplayer games online with a few of my friends, and im unsure if its something up in the game, or with my/their connections. ive told em to submit bug reports if it happens again, but basically, for no apparent reason, the game just crashed about 15 minutes into to their (first) game ( against AI with me allied). could it be a connection thing? (posting this on the off chance that's its a problem that you guys have heard about with router settings or some-such, next time it happens we're uploading logs to a ticket?)
also, nice! just came onto the site again yesterday for the first time in months and saw you were hurtling towards a new stable version!
Would need to see the crash logs (Warzone2100.rpt on windows) to see why it is crashing.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole WarzoneπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

"Could not mount 2c-Startup, 4c-Rush, and 98 more archives, because: Archive type unsupported." :hmm:
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

NoQ wrote:
"Could not mount 2c-Startup, 4c-Rush, and 98 more archives, because: Archive type unsupported." :hmm:
:hmm: I suppose, but, 'Archive type unsupported' is only one out of 4 or 5 things that are possible.
Not sure it is worth it to keep adding code to notify things that is already done via the info requester.
elmer22
New user

Post by elmer22 »

I deleted bad maps but i still have problems witch connecting to lobby server.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

elmer22 wrote:I deleted bad maps but i still have problems witch connecting to lobby server.
And what would that problem be ?
We need logs to see any errors/warning messages.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

NOTE: Last call for any balance changes...
If you want something changed, gives us a GOOD reason for it, and WHY it is needed.

The 3.1.1 (release) final is planned to be out in a few days from now.