The Book of Eli

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Sadjuuk
Greenhorn

The Book of Eli

Post by Sadjuuk »

Hello, I recommend you this film, The Book of Eli, it a post-apocalypse film and we can see how scavs could live :wink:

I love this film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAMUv22y1og
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Re: The Book of Eli

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Good movie. There are A LOT of movies tha show how scavs live. Best though would be Mad Max, Could also look into pretty much ANY 70s/80s post apocalypse films covering a wide range of doomsday options.
Sadjuuk
Greenhorn

Post by Sadjuuk »

Could you give me some name of other films like that please ??
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Sadjuuk wrote:Could you give me some name of other films like that please ??

Like Lord Apoc mentioned, Warzone Creators, Pumpkin Studios, were inspired by the 1980's Mel Gibson "Road Warrior / Mad Max" movies of which there are 3 with a fourth movie due out sometime in 2013. Fun movies for sure. . You can read about them here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max_2

My personal favorite Post-Apocalyptic movie, out of all the ones made in the last 60 years, is without a doubt "The Road" released in 2009, staring Viggo Mortenson and based on the novel of the same name written by Cormac McCarthy. Heart-breakingly powerful portrayal of scavengers. You can read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_(2009_film)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Check out...

A boy and His Dog (1975) wiki entry here and watch on youtube
You can also check out Waterworld and the Postman. Not great movies, but has a good post apocalyptic feel and scavengers. Or armies depending on how you view things. Also, though not a true post apocalypse, you can always try out Escape from New York.

I have seen many more, just having trouble remembering them.. Mostly late 70s and early/mid 90s sci-fi films.

One that fits that I really don't recommend is Zardoz
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Don't forget all the recent TV series as well - see links starting at this post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10480&start=330#p121766
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Perseus
Trained
Trained

Post by Perseus »

Rman Virgil wrote:Warzone Creators, Pumpkin Studios, were inspired by the 1980's Mel Gibson "Road Warrior / Mad Max" movies
This is an assumption, right? Who said it was? Those films were fun though :)
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Rman Virgil wrote:Warzone Creators, Pumpkin Studios, were inspired by the 1980's Mel Gibson "Road Warrior / Mad Max" movies
Perseus wrote:This is an assumption, right? Who said it was? Those films were fun though :)
Not really. We discussed it with 'em in their retail bbs for the game 14 years ago. Along with other influences like the Terminator movies, published Sci Fi stories, works of science, philosophy and other games. They were genial and forthcoming about everything - as members of the Pumpkin team participating in thier own forums, on IRC and via email....and for many years after Pumpkin Studios was no more but most of the team were "Pivotal Games" creating and publishing the "Conflict" series of games.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo